Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

"
Using currency items like Exalted Orbs or Chaos Orbs on your gear is a powerful, risky and exciting way to improve it.

"
We don't want to take away the feeling of closing your eyes and Exalting an item, scared to see whether you ruined it or not.

So much bullsh*t.
I feel amused and slightly offended same time.
I am glad I didn't buy supporter pack for last league, also won't buy for upcoming.
Time to quit the game I guess :(
200 pages of negative replies? How fucking clueless do you really need to be to understand that this is bad for the game?
PoE4life
I still think the main problem is the power gap between an item that drops and a crafted item. There should be a way to influence what items drop, make them more powerful (like smart rng items from heists) or make them untradable in some form. So there is less need of taking away power from crafting.
Good news nerf harvest.
My few cents: (but short answer - harvest nerfs OK - but something in exchange for it)

1. harvest is reintroduced in Echoes of the atlas is HUGE PROBLEM
2. If harvest was 5% chance to spawn and slim chance in Zana map pool, it wont be as abused as it is
3. If GGG wants to up the dificulty, give us a chance to craft that good gear for it
4. if there should be content available for 0.1% TOP players - I think with "Trade" this is impossible

in detail

2. I think Harvest should be found in this way - 5 % in map and some slim chance in Zana. Lets say its like 6% altogether to get harvest
You will have 2 - 4 plants to choose from. So 1 in 16 maps you get harvest with slim chances to get some great outcomes (easy explode chest with just spawing phys rerolls, just need to luck out on other mods)

1. HUGE PROBLEM for harvest - ECHOES of ATLAS - Zones that give harvest chance and some extra options and also 9th Zone that gives superboosted Zana? Like hell this wont be abused
I think this was a mistake - and as this manifesto was written it was, but on GGG defense, its hard to foresee how things will be abused (like HARBINGERS...)

3. some options:
Give us more deterministic exalts (at least basic ones - attack, spell, res , attributes, mana... )
give us more conqueror's exalt and option to multiple slam the items for guaranteed influenced rolls
Give us more bench craft options - like multimod etc, I am sure you can come up with interesting ideas

4. I am casual player but still I would like to access all fights in this game, even if I do that at the end of the league
Is it a blow to the majority of people who disliked crafting pre-harvest yes.
Is it a blow to top crafters who made mirror items hell no.

The real reason why crafting items is this game was so difficult in the first place was you have had layers of RNG systems kept in place since the dawn of time. Where other aspects of the game grew and improved crafting did not. Harvest only showed you what was possible if deterministic crafting was real. It still requires lots and lots of harvest crafts to make a good item due to the fact the game has so many Tiers of terrible rolls. Here's a thought maybe Trim all tiers across all bases from 6 to 13.

No one has thought oh boy I would love to exalt slam my item and see it get tier 8 life roll 50-59 on a chest you have spent 30exalts making. Exalts have become the base line of trading currencies for the past 2 years outside of Multi-mod they are useless when it comes to actual crafting.

Terrible decision. You are ******* every SSF player like me, because some people stay on discord and trade crafts. WTF is this. I was enjoying so much this league first league that I had the nerves to reach 100. The excitement of upgrade my gear kept me in the game. Please tell me how harvest is bad crafting system, but spamming thousands of alteration orbs on a chest to get explode mode is good. I remember my crafting experiance with the good old crating system. This is my last league crafting experiance before harvest: farming 4k alterations, spamming them on a sword to get merciless mode, wasting all of them and not getting it and then quiting the league in under a month. Interesting how harvest crafting will make players quit when I am still playing atm, have tons of items to make and upgrade and I am planning to play till the end of the league.
I keep coming back to these replies to see how many were riled up by those comments. And a very healthy number of them are. [Removed by Support]

"
Buffchef wrote:
"
Using currency items like Exalted Orbs or Chaos Orbs on your gear is a powerful, risky and exciting way to improve it.

"
We don't want to take away the feeling of closing your eyes and Exalting an item, scared to see whether you ruined it or not.

So much bullsh*t.
I feel amused and slightly offended same time.
I am glad I didn't buy supporter pack for last league, also won't buy for upcoming.
Last edited by Kane_GGG on Mar 11, 2021, 4:55:59 AM
LOL GGG WTF?

With this new changes you can just simply remove whole harvest...

And what do you mean by to easy? Like few thousends on avrage to get a mod is to easy?

Finally there are some other builds in game couse ppl can get items for those.
Finally some ppl who play few hours a day(kids,schools,jobs etc) can enjoy the game.
If you remove it go and do the same with mavens orb, will be trash.

Whoever was working on this data(changes) have defienitly no idea about this game. Go consider some team changes there.

Plz think about this again.

VERY VERY BAD IDEA!
COLD AS ICE!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info