Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

If we can slam exalted with closed eyes for lulzz, we should be getting SSDs and RAMdisks to play this game too, no?

"
masterburger1 wrote:
Imho remove Harvest for now, focus on performance and bring harvest back later.
I made alot more money this league than any other before. And that is in the firstplace thanks to harvest.
I was able to change my gear easier because I was able to change resistances, I was able to upgrade easier because I could actually slam stuff I want.
Not everyone in this game has the time and exalts to try to hit what they want over and over again.
People that do get their item with or withot harvest anyway.
So nerving Harvest this way punishes casual players in my opinion.

I propose other changes:

- First of make Harvestcrafts itemisable, so we can stop trading on discord.
(which you didn't even adress in your changes)

- The item to itemise the craft is a rare item, that drops from different places, like a scarab. (Or is sold by Oshabi)

- You cannot apply a craft outside of the grove unless it is itemised.

- Keep the deterministic crafts like rem/add in but change the weights when crafting with Harvest. Instead of a 1 in 10 to get t1 make it a one in 100.
This way you nerf the crafts but still have deterministic crafting. And don't brick your items left and right.

- Make the Harvest Spawn the Mobs wave like, but more of them to make it more challenging to get the crafts. And Wavelike so you don't get the usual lag spike.

- Give seeds a percentage change to wither once you start the Harvest. BUT give us back the buds, that we can place or apply on the collector to reduce the changes of that happening.

There is much more stuff you can do to fix this instead of just killing the rates.

It seems like a cheap job, it does not reflect the reality of the problem. (if it exists) I played this league more for the elaboration, and I expected one more change in order to the quality of life, such as if you throw a physical exalted orb that corrupts the object. It seems like an exaggerated nerf and it saddens me ... Really the problem with harvest is that you have to give your valuable object to someone else so that they can execute a cold exalted and you don't talk about that .. Badly worked GGG.
Balancing harvest a bit ? Sure, for example removing the rem/add influenced mod craft and stuff like that. But completely killing it? No, thanks.

I've been playing this game for 5+ years and I get to endgame every single league. I've been growing bored a bit but then harvest came and made me play again. Then they removed it during Heist and I didn't even bother getting to Awk 8 and I got bored with Heist league.

I love non-meta build, for example my first Maven kill was done with a COC Volatile dead necromancer and it wouldn't be possible to get this kind of gear without harvest.

Without harvest the game comes down to -- > choose a build --> buy all of the gear on trade site --> play it a bit --> get bored

With harvest i self-craft almost all of my gear and it's such a fun journey. I test it on different kinds of budget and gradually improve and fix my build's flaws.

The point about easy access to mirror-tier items is just bullshit. I'm not a casual and I had a hh and stuff worth 100+ ex on the 2nd week of the league but it's still really challenging to get close to mirror-tier gear. Especially with Maven Orbs. I've spent 40 ex on Maven orbs and didn't elevate the mod I wanted even once...

Please reconsider and let us play the game we love. Even D3 team makes better decisions that this one...
Oh we innocent souls think they talk to plebs and get their feedback at this point?
"
DrJayC wrote:
"
This sentiment was summed up by a member of our design team who recently said "We don't want to take away the feeling of closing your eyes and Exalting an item, scared to see whether you ruined it or not."

What percentage of your player base do you actually believe have experienced that, or any similar positive experience from using an exalted orb for the purpose of personal crafting?

I personally have not. I have however had a similar positive experience from using Harvest in a way that will likely no longer be possible.
I can live without Harvest but Chris was right that this experiment may have ruined the game for many.

It was basically an item editor (for good items) by GGGs standards, not as extreme as Last Epoch ones, which showcased how RNG massive/spammy the "crafting" should in this game, now that they confirmed it with this post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGaU9sHcIew

Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
Last edited by gandhar0 on Mar 11, 2021, 4:46:48 AM
Wholeheartedly disagree with the statements put forward in this manifesto.

[Removed by Support]

This game has turned into treadmill when you need to spent 2000 hours a league to achieve anything - thanks to harvest this has been lowered like 5x to something manageable.

The absolute insane inflation from stupid fully juiced fractured maps is appalling, the experience of doing that is just ridiculous - how is this not removed from the game already? Meanwhile any other viable way of obtaining items for 99,9% is to use harvest this league. Meanwhile, the difficulty curve is at it's peak for the game.

As this has been multiple times mentioned in this thread, those changes solve nothing, and change the game to be run by some 0,001% of absolute no-life players who has time running this game 20h/day and engage with shady 3rd party discord channels.
Last edited by Kane_GGG on Mar 11, 2021, 4:36:31 AM
The best time to solicit thoughts, opinions and ideas were day before yesterday. The next best time is now!

"
karatekid1995 wrote:
I made alot more money this league than any other before. And that is in the firstplace thanks to harvest.
I was able to change my gear easier because I was able to change resistances, I was able to upgrade easier because I could actually slam stuff I want.
Not everyone in this game has the time and exalts to try to hit what they want over and over again.
People that do get their item with or withot harvest anyway.
So nerving Harvest this way punishes casual players in my opinion.

I propose other changes:

- First of make Harvestcrafts itemisable, so we can stop trading on discord.
(which you didn't even adress in your changes)

- The item to itemise the craft is a rare item, that drops from different places, like a scarab. (Or is sold by Oshabi)

- You cannot apply a craft outside of the grove unless it is itemised.

- Keep the deterministic crafts like rem/add in but change the weights when crafting with Harvest. Instead of a 1 in 10 to get t1 make it a one in 100.
This way you nerf the crafts but still have deterministic crafting. And don't brick your items left and right.

- Make the Harvest Spawn the Mobs wave like, but more of them to make it more challenging to get the crafts. And Wavelike so you don't get the usual lag spike.

- Give seeds a percentage change to wither once you start the Harvest. BUT give us back the buds, that we can place or apply on the collector to reduce the changes of that happening.

There is much more stuff you can do to fix this instead of just killing the rates.

omega pog
i should rename game to "Path of Nerf: pain and suffering"

GGG Developer manifesto is:
"We always screw up all you like in this game"
Last edited by BloodVegas on Mar 11, 2021, 4:40:41 AM
I can understand the upset people, because actual crafting (RNG) is shit.
Harvest made crafting more fun being more deterministic.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info