Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

I spended 380 hours this league more than ever before because I had goals "Craft this with harvest"
or
Finally being able to do ALL CONTEND afetr nearly 400 hours investment.

I work 60 hours + a week and harvest has made this game enjoyable for me and also for you since I spend3ed 700+€ in this league.. guess I will not play again next league and honestly is it even worth doing the rest of the challenges now?
I totaly dislike this changes.

Harves give more goals then you have without it.
You have long way to upgrade your char with beautifully items and enjoy playing all way around.

Without harves.you just play a bit.and after just quit earlyer bcz all items u can get absolutly trash comparison with standard item that already exist on standart

If you want nerf it power.make it more rare.
Also give us option to save recipe in orbs to trade and stash it with grace.

"Path of Matt" make video about.and totaly agree with his opinion.

Guys on reddit not display community preferences.they just loud few ppl

Nice, ridiculous items with ridiculous prices i can't even dream about save myself in all league. Now if only the content wasn't balanced about those 1% rich players...
Good thing i did not bough supporpack this league, clearly game is heading in bad direction and POE 2 will be end of poe
Are you still sane Exile?

who the hell thought it would be a good idea to remove the most fun thing we got in a while that is the sole reason for a lot of players to even play or remotely compete in their builds with the top 0.1%.
crafting is hard enough allready for the majority of the player base. Instead of "removing" harvest you should improve the "now obsolete" and outdated relics of crafting.
Instead your solution is to revert back to a time where some crazy groups offer mirror services with insane prices, monopolizing on the top endgame items with no way of regular players to even come close?
Do you even know how many player ever held a mirror in their hands? all the more have multiple of them to get their endgame items?

Harvest can help those underused skills and get them to work, and you guys are basically saying "haha fuck these skills". YOU HAVE HUNDREDS AND HUNDREDS OF USELESS SKILL GEMS THAT DOESN'T WORK EVEN WITH DECENT ENOUGH GEAR BRO. Harvest is the only way to save those skills because strong gear is easier to access with harvest.
So are we forced to play meta? And you guys are going to nerf meta and buff the mobs? Until at some point the game is unplayable because both skill gems and mobs are overtuned?

Like, I'd rather keep the harvest the way that it is now, but you have to use the same currency to make it work. -+crafts? take my annul and exalt. -crafts? take my annul.
But who am I talking to anyway, as if it's going to happen.
I like most of it (limiting its use but make it more accessible for normal players day to day use).
But Harvest Crafted Items should still become untradeable for a few hours. That Discord BS has to go. Othervise it's just limited to a very few crafts now but still used a lot for those, don't like that.
I didn't play Harvest but this League was really fun due to Harvest Crafting mostly. Selling crafts was not (I bought none, just sold).
Getting gear crafts is really fun and not having to pick up that many random rares was a much better gaming experience aswell!!!

I like the direction of Harvest Crafting(getting better gear faster).
Now, we need the option to start a character after the storyline or play downscaled lategame content right away, so we aren't stuck on a single char each league and loose interest.
Mods, you're not helping today.... At all.

Please don't read this as one of those proverbial "pats" that you are doing some thankless but necessary job. No, you're only making things worse. And BTW, I have been reading a lot of the things things you're subsequently censoring. None of them are particularly egregious or "negative" as you claim. They're truths expressed, based on the statement of the player's mind, caused by reading a pretty poorly planned and worded manifesto.

I can only surmise the truth is hitting too close to home. Then it behooves that the whole team takes a moment and reflects, not try and muzzle the playing public's voices. Don't you agree?

Rest of you, read this.

"
Flexcube wrote:
GGG,

I'm starting to wonder why you started with the Harvest league at all? The explanation that you were not aware of how is powerful Harvest crafting tool is a little ridiculous. After all, you've been making this game for years and you haven't been so aware? [Removed by Support] But OK, Harvest was over and there was no problem.
In this league, you introduced Harvest again and again you were not aware of the fact that Harvest will allow you to craft good items ?????
Get rid of this Harvest now and just remove it from Core Game. At the moment, for players of my kind (SSF), Harvest is not unusual. If you play for a few hours a day or at all, your entire Harvest does not matter to us anyway, because we are not able to receive anything valuable in such a short time. This change will affect a small group of players, usually streamers who play 18 hours a day.
Just remember who supports you and from which group of players do you get the most funds?

GGG,
Stop trying with Harvest again. You can see that you are not doing well.
"
surio wrote:
"
Sarciss wrote:
Not sure this is the best way to deal with the harvest issue. There were many smart options on reddit and in this forum too.
However everyone needs to stop going wild lol. They literally state they wanna find a sweet spot for the future. If its too bad/has too low impact now they can simply rework it for the next next league.

After all the original harvest league should have never happened they way it did...

My friend,
We didn't start the fire!

"

* Using currency items like Exalted Orbs or Chaos Orbs on your gear is a powerful, risky and exciting way to improve it.

* This sentiment was summed up by a member of our design team who recently said "We don't want to take away the feeling of closing your eyes and Exalting an item, scared to see whether you ruined it or not."

If those two don't stir a reaction in you, I don't know what to say to you.

and since we are in page 180+ it might be a good idea to revisit page one! And further, it states:
"

So in 3.14.0, we're making some changes. The first three are direct nerfs to Harvest, and the second two are improvements. It's also worth noting that Harvest Atlas passives have been adjusted to accommodate these changes.

Previously, every seed in a patch granted an instance of that seed's craft. Now, only some of the seeds do (so you're getting far fewer of the crafts that were overwhelming people with their quantity). Higher-tier seeds are closer to the 1:1 ratio from before.
Some mods that had overly-deterministic behaviour have been removed. These include all annulment mods (other than the ones that remove a mod that isn't of a specific type before adding one of that type), and all type-specific divine mods.
Crafts that add mods of specific types (like Physical Modifiers, for example) to items can now only be applied to non-influenced items, except for the existing mod that applies an influenced mod to an influenced item.
The chance of encountering a portal to the Sacred Grove in a map has been increased by 60%.
The Heart of the Grove encounter is now a map fragment that sometimes drops from Tier 4 Harvest bosses, instead of randomly appearing in place of a normal Harvest grove. This allows you to trade the encounter if you don't feel up to it, and it means that finding The Heart of the Grove when you are in a map with difficult mods doesn't lead to an impossible encounter.

Overall, this is undoubtedly a heavy nerf to high-end Harvest Crafting, but we strongly believe that it is in Path of Exile's best interests going forward, and that there are still a lot of compelling Harvest crafts that make the grove worth running at any point in map progression.

That's right, it is emphasised again and again, it's been decided, the nerf is in, it's going away, etc. All statements are affirmative and not about "finding a sweet spot for the future" as you claim. And we're the ones that are "overreacting"? Come now, my friend, we're the most reasonable ones in the room at this point.

Look, i understand both sides. Harvest was ridiculous, it kinda makes anything else feel obsolete. Ive participated in many harvest-threads, not gonna bring up every argument again. I feel like having the trade crafting restricted in some smart way would have been the best move. What makes harvest so OP is the craft trading, its almost underwhelming in SSF currently - so that shouldve been the point to apply a "fix".

But all the leagues right now or a testing field to some degree to balance the game for PoE2, with so many more 6links the game will get a pretty big balance overhaul i guess. These harvest changes are not set in stone forever and they can always make changes to the system if they feel like its too weak.
If it turns out nobody is really using harvest next league anymore (plus maybe a dip in player retention) i'd say chances are big that they overhaul it again.
Yes! Shut it down.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info