Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

Instead of taking care of: Servers, mechanics of some bosses (Sirius is still bugged shit) ETC... YOU JUST NERFING THE HAVEST - Best crafting options for people who can't afford to play 24/7, for casual people that RNG won't eat their asses.. . Whats wrong is in selling crafts on TFT discord, whats wrong is to make perfect items?

Shame on you ggg... you take away the best thing in poe.... btw. And you're increasing change to harvest hearth of the grove wich is totally garbage with no rewards at the end.

This is not the game I enoyed so much anymore.

"Players were too successful, so we're gutting the things that kept people playing the game."

Bex, I love you, but with what Chris is saying, I would refund both my supporter packs in a heartbeat.
This is a terrible fix to do things.

Harvest as it was truly enabled SSF for the first time. I played SSF this league and had the most fun ever because of harvest and the existance of Harvest allowing me to play SSF without feeling I missed out on trading and being able to enable my build by playing a lot regardless.

You should have nerfed harvest by distributing more of the good harvest crafts across more league mechanics (fossils, beasts, temples etc).
So instead of reworking your sorely bad crafting system, you'd just nerf the new, better one, because the 0.1% abuse it to make some mirrors and it gives the average players some chance of getting decent items. Got it. Seems reasonable. Nevermind the beast duping cartels making tens of mirrors each league, Harvest is definitely the bigger problem because it gives the average players more power instead of just the 0.1%.

GGG, you need to take a long good look at yourselves in the mirror. Useless loot explosion filling the screen, terrible performance scaling, worst visual clarity in the business, nigh useless item gamblin.. I mean crafting. What are you trying to achieve here? If your goal is to make the most in-depth unfun ARPG ever, where players would have to fight the game more than they fight the monsters, then I guess you're doing great.

Your problem is your attitude. You have such a great game here, the best ARPG currently out, though maybe that's not saying much considering the genre's popularity. But anyway you keep hamstringing your great game with boneheaded design decisions. Why?

I don't have much hope for POE 2.
TBH im VERY VERY bad at crafting. The whole crafting system is a mess with this random spam "insert currency" until you get the right stat.

The Harvest was the only small light at the end of the road with target crafting. Even with Harvest i couldn't make OP GOSU POG game breaking stuff but i could make "decentish" changes on my current gear. However im really against this changes because if the 1% doesnt have access to OP craft then nobody actually gonna make (craft) anything to the rest 99% of the trade market.... So the casuals like me (casual in this game are max =<8 hours/day) cannot even finish some content even with 10/20/30 EXalted etc gear because WE WONT HAVE PROPER CRAFTED GEAR ON THE MARKET TO BUY. Maybe im wrong and you can actually clear EVERY content in full Unique but then pls let me know those builds!

What is current meta? Spin + spin + spin -> BOOM BOOM BOOM

With this harvest changes even more Spin+boom builds gonna be meta because no other build diversity be able to clear the messy end game content (aka A9 bosses,delirium,deep delve, T16+ maps)
Well what can I say. GGG have highlighted the correct theses, namely:

"The first part of this that concerned us was that Harvest was critical in making the best items (and hence made many other game systems obsolete)"

and

"The entire rest of Path of Exile's crafting system is somewhat redundant with Harvest Crafting in its current form."

But! Instead of concluding that it is necessary to rework useless and outdated crafting mechanics, add interesting uniques (remember that 99.9% of newly introduced uniques are absolutely useless even without taking into account harvest crafting, and some of them are playable only because of this harvest crafting itself) , and fine-tune the game... they decide to just rip the mechanics that kept the online record high in the current realities. Because people were interested in creating items and builds around this items, and not poking around in a ritual for a ghostly chance to get a mirror...

Well... i guess it's a time for a new crysis in PoE.
Last edited by Lonely.Cat on Mar 11, 2021, 4:00:30 AM
You are going to make poor people poorer because now they can't sell their harvest, rich people richer because their harvest items value will double, and the average player frustrated. I though this game improved and now you are going to ruin it. Good job, it is clear that the devs are disconnected from how this game is actually played.
And please stop this talk about crafting vs. deterministic crafting. The non- harvest crafting is gambling. That’s it. Nothing else. Even harvest isn’t entirely deterministic, but it actually deserves the term crafting.

Gosh, this feels so wrong. Don’t kill crafting! Kill TFT or - I don‘t know - remove the horticrafting station for good to make it even harder to get crafts you didn’t find yourself. Just don’t kill harvest.
can we get an manifesto on who this game is balanced around?
i mean what playerbase? what league? is it balanced around SSFHC? Standard? is it only for streamers?
"
Sarciss wrote:
Not sure this is the best way to deal with the harvest issue. There were many smart options on reddit and in this forum too.
However everyone needs to stop going wild lol. They literally state they wanna find a sweet spot for the future. If its too bad/has too low impact now they can simply rework it for the next next league.

After all the original harvest league should have never happened they way it did...

My friend,
We didn't start the fire!

"

* Using currency items like Exalted Orbs or Chaos Orbs on your gear is a powerful, risky and exciting way to improve it.

* This sentiment was summed up by a member of our design team who recently said "We don't want to take away the feeling of closing your eyes and Exalting an item, scared to see whether you ruined it or not."

If those two don't stir a reaction in you, I don't know what to say to you.

and since we are in page 180+ it might be a good idea to revisit page one! And further, it states:
"

So in 3.14.0, we're making some changes. The first three are direct nerfs to Harvest, and the second two are improvements. It's also worth noting that Harvest Atlas passives have been adjusted to accommodate these changes.

Previously, every seed in a patch granted an instance of that seed's craft. Now, only some of the seeds do (so you're getting far fewer of the crafts that were overwhelming people with their quantity). Higher-tier seeds are closer to the 1:1 ratio from before.
Some mods that had overly-deterministic behaviour have been removed. These include all annulment mods (other than the ones that remove a mod that isn't of a specific type before adding one of that type), and all type-specific divine mods.
Crafts that add mods of specific types (like Physical Modifiers, for example) to items can now only be applied to non-influenced items, except for the existing mod that applies an influenced mod to an influenced item.
The chance of encountering a portal to the Sacred Grove in a map has been increased by 60%.
The Heart of the Grove encounter is now a map fragment that sometimes drops from Tier 4 Harvest bosses, instead of randomly appearing in place of a normal Harvest grove. This allows you to trade the encounter if you don't feel up to it, and it means that finding The Heart of the Grove when you are in a map with difficult mods doesn't lead to an impossible encounter.

Overall, this is undoubtedly a heavy nerf to high-end Harvest Crafting, but we strongly believe that it is in Path of Exile's best interests going forward, and that there are still a lot of compelling Harvest crafts that make the grove worth running at any point in map progression.

That's right, it is emphasised again and again, it's been decided, the nerf is in, it's going away, etc. All statements are affirmative and not about "finding a sweet spot for the future" as you claim. And we're the ones that are "overreacting"? Come now, my friend, we're the most reasonable ones in the room at this point.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info