Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

The whole point of crafting is that it IS largely deterministic. No one ever random spammed chaos orbs to create end game gear.

IMO taking the annul and augment effects from virtually all items makes the whole Harvest obsolete. Well, it's your game, not mine.
IGN: Haeresie
Last edited by Vomitorivm on Mar 11, 2021, 3:48:22 AM
Other than the supporter pack, it's how things have been for ppl like me too.

"
YersiniaD wrote:
„What drives you exile?“

„Crafting! I love crafting gear for my characters!“

„So you enjoy using an exalted orb on your items hoping to hit something useful.“

„What? No! Who in his or her right mind would ever use an exalted like that? They are used for buying items in trade or metacrafting. Slamming an item with it is just plain stupid- there are too many mods!“

Dear GGG,
imagine not using TFT. I don‘t do that for example. Trust issues. So I have a few crafting projects, none of them done because harvest is really rare enough. This league I play Standard because I don‘t play poe for a living and wanted to be able to play this sweet expansion. Harvest returns! Jippie! And the maven orb makes it even more interesting. I bought my First Supporter pack because of it.

And now this. Harvest is rare enough. The cool crafts are rare enough. TFT is the issue. I doubt that many people would have their insane items without it. Do something about that but don‘t kill the mechanic.

You leave me disappointed, sad and angry. Full of regret, too (supporter pack).

Please reconsider, I beg you.
~
Last edited by ngn on Mar 11, 2021, 11:55:29 AM
Cringe.
Don't go through with this.
Remove harvest bs alltogether or make it untradeable. I want to play trade league but not with this bs spamming or discord cancer.
Hi GGG, I've been playing the game a while now and the deterministic crafting has been a nice addition to the game. It takes a really long time to farm up harvest crafts for me for my builds. I think its really enjoyable to see the crazy crafts people have from this system and I agree that they can get crazy, but they put in the time to make them crazy. They must go through the discord with the amount of time it takes to get the crafts, which is a massive mess please if anything help fix that.
Overall Harvest needs a little more love than just this change. Please don't make discord the go to for these crafts, even if it means we need a nerf like this.
BTW Thanks for the great league I had a lot of fun.
Thank you for letting us and them know! And standing in solidarity!

"
System_101 wrote:
+1 This is on Point.

I played this Game for over 16.000 hours and the Game never felt better since 3.13.

I just can´t go back to pre 3.13 crafting system. It feels so wrong.

Standard was never so alive since 3.13, and damn i saw really bad times with like 4 people online from 100 people in Standard during some temp leagues.

Since 3.13 there were always 20-30 People online in Standard.

Chris...Why? I am so sad.

I hope some day you change your mind about the RNG Crafting System.

You gave the Poe community a taste of determistic crafting and now you take it 100% away again? I fear this will not end well.

I really hope the Community does not fall apart and go to D2 Remastered or Last Epoch.

I hope the best for the future. For now i will be gone.

Stay well and healthy GGG Team

"
surio wrote:
+1 This is the boat a lot of us are in. Seriously, GGG. this one is the worst decisions in the series of bad decisions made over a period of time that we have had to put up with!

"
Destructicon wrote:
This is the first time I actually felt compelled to post on the forums.

GGG, these proposed changes are simply terrible. They are out of touch with the reality of how it is to actually play the game.

I have a 9 hour job, excluding weekends, when a league starts I only have about 4-6 hours per day to actually play.

I do not have the time to constantly farm the currency to craft items, the old fashioned way.

I also do not have the time to farm enough exalts to buy the best crafted items on the market.

Harvest was perfect for this. Its deterministic crafting actually gave me achievable goals to strive for to create good items.

But, even with harvest it still takes a lot of time and effort.

Your statement that its too easy to get perfect items is delusional. Even with harvest it still takes an incredible amount of time to actually find the correct harvests to make a good item as even the harvests can roll bad ones, which require further remove/adds.

Getting rid of remove + remove/add will just make it nearly impossible for those of us with limited time, due to jobs, to even consider having good items.

I am also extremely disappointed because this goes against your philosophy you talked about back when adding harvest, that you want more deterministic crafting.

The game is in the best state right now especially because of harvest. I don't want to go back to the old way of playing or crafting because the old way is just gambling.

I hate gambling, there is no skill or skill expression involved in slamming hundreds to thousands of different types of currency into an item, hoping it'll get good enough rolls to then slam more.

With the nuking of remove and remove/add mods I simply have nothing to strive for, good items are just perpetually out of reach and, honestly I'd rather just quit for good then go back to gambling, I hate gambling.
PoE is for.....

1%ers
Streamers
RMT'ers
Trade cartels
Gambling addicts
Masochists.

PoE is not for......

Anyone else.
This is insane... Harvest crafting was literally the only chance for average players to get some decent gear.
Why the hell are u destroying the very reason why most of us finally had the chance to get to some decent gear and also enjoy the game as much as the 1% rich players.
This will be the reason why a lot of players will stop playing poe or rather quit the league very fast again. Mark my words GGG this is a huge mistake.

At least for me as for a lot of other players. I cant support this game anymore with its stupid decisions. You have just lost another player, gratz GGG!!
Last edited by K4ndo on Mar 11, 2021, 3:54:14 AM
Just no. Really enjoyed this league not sure why having good items is seen as such a bad thing. Guess it's time to scrap my plans to play next league. Hopefully I hear that you back pedaled on this decision before I commit my time somewhere else.

For the record I don't think the game is ruined. It just removed a layer of gameplay I enjoyed which was perfecting my gear over time while playing opposed to potentially breaking my gear to make it better EVERYTIME. Now all that is left is to grind ad infinitum and just buy every piece of gear already crafted.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info