Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

„What drives you exile?“

„Crafting! I love crafting gear for my characters!“

„So you enjoy using an exalted orb on your items hoping to hit something useful.“

„What? No! Who in his or her right mind would ever use an exalted like that? They are used for buying items in trade or metacrafting. Slamming an item with it is just plain stupid- there are too many mods!“

Dear GGG,
imagine not using TFT. I don‘t do that for example. Trust issues. So I have a few crafting projects, none of them done because harvest is really rare enough. This league I play Standard because I don‘t play poe for a living and wanted to be able to play this sweet expansion. Harvest returns! Jippie! And the maven orb makes it even more interesting. I bought my First Supporter pack because of it.

And now this. Harvest is rare enough. The cool crafts are rare enough. TFT is the issue. I doubt that many people would have their insane items without it. Do something about that but don‘t kill the mechanic.

You leave me disappointed, sad and angry. Full of regret, too (supporter pack).

Please reconsider, I beg you.
"
ibran0vski wrote:
Love it! Keep doing good work.
Everyone who are crying...take a brake from the computer go to the gym relax find a girl.

people who against the nerf are literally casuals. the one who cant stay in front of computer for too long. people who spend their entire day playing poe + crafing wont be affected at all.

idk man, how can you love this change, when your characters are not even decently geared? do you even understand about what you're talking about? "keep doing good work" lol.
I talk here for all of my friends. If it is not a early april fools joke we are just dissapointed.
As a SSF player since Harvest league, i've played the entire league until the last minute simply because how AMAZING harvest can do for SSF play, and today I'm really fucking sad about this MANIFESTO, like what the fuck is the point of completely killing the most beloved part of the game? to let fewer players play so your shitty server can function normally? I don't get it, plz someone enlighten me.

Not to mention, if this change will be implemented in the next patch, the gap between Trade and SSF server will be even larger, i mean in trade at least you can accumulate currency to buy the stuff you want, but in SSF? there is nothing you can do about the end game crafting, NOTHING. if it bricks, it bricks, do you devs even know how shitty the feeling is? You can't do shit about any awakened items, they can't be further modified in anyways, in trade you buy awk orbs and you go again, in SSF it takes weeks to get the things you want for casual players.

So GGG please reconsider this madness, nerf it but not to the fucking ground so people can play your game.
GGG,

I'm starting to wonder why you started with the Harvest league at all? The explanation that you were not aware of how is powerful Harvest crafting tool is a little ridiculous. After all, you've been making this game for years and you haven't been so aware? [Removed by Support] But OK, Harvest was over and there was no problem.
In this league, you introduced Harvest again and again you were not aware of the fact that Harvest will allow you to craft good items ?????
Get rid of this Harvest now and just remove it from Core Game. At the moment, for players of my kind (SSF), Harvest is not unusual. If you play for a few hours a day or at all, your entire Harvest does not matter to us anyway, because we are not able to receive anything valuable in such a short time. This change will affect a small group of players, usually streamers who play 18 hours a day.
Just remember who supports you and from which group of players do you get the most funds?

GGG,
Stop trying with Harvest again. You can see that you are not doing well.
Last edited by Kane_GGG on Mar 11, 2021, 3:47:09 AM
+1 This is on Point.

I played this Game for over 16.000 hours and the Game never felt better since 3.13.

I just can´t go back to pre 3.13 crafting system. It feels so wrong.

Standard was never so alive since 3.13, and damn i saw really bad times with like 4 people online from 100 people in Standard during some temp leagues.

Since 3.13 there were always 20-30 People online in Standard.

Chris...Why? I am so sad.

I hope some day you change your mind about the RNG Crafting System.

You gave the Poe community a taste of determistic crafting and now you take it 100% away again? I fear this will not end well.

I really hope the Community does not fall apart and go to D2 Remastered or Last Epoch.

I hope the best for the future. For now i will be gone.

Stay well and healthy GGG Team

"
surio wrote:
+1 This is the boat a lot of us are in. Seriously, GGG. this one is the worst decisions in the series of bad decisions made over a period of time that we have had to put up with!

"
Destructicon wrote:
This is the first time I actually felt compelled to post on the forums.

GGG, these proposed changes are simply terrible. They are out of touch with the reality of how it is to actually play the game.

I have a 9 hour job, excluding weekends, when a league starts I only have about 4-6 hours per day to actually play.

I do not have the time to constantly farm the currency to craft items, the old fashioned way.

I also do not have the time to farm enough exalts to buy the best crafted items on the market.

Harvest was perfect for this. Its deterministic crafting actually gave me achievable goals to strive for to create good items.

But, even with harvest it still takes a lot of time and effort.

Your statement that its too easy to get perfect items is delusional. Even with harvest it still takes an incredible amount of time to actually find the correct harvests to make a good item as even the harvests can roll bad ones, which require further remove/adds.

Getting rid of remove + remove/add will just make it nearly impossible for those of us with limited time, due to jobs, to even consider having good items.

I am also extremely disappointed because this goes against your philosophy you talked about back when adding harvest, that you want more deterministic crafting.

The game is in the best state right now especially because of harvest. I don't want to go back to the old way of playing or crafting because the old way is just gambling.

I hate gambling, there is no skill or skill expression involved in slamming hundreds to thousands of different types of currency into an item, hoping it'll get good enough rolls to then slam more.

With the nuking of remove and remove/add mods I simply have nothing to strive for, good items are just perpetually out of reach and, honestly I'd rather just quit for good then go back to gambling, I hate gambling.
PLEASE, GGG

Harvest the way it is right now, is literally the only thing you need to keep your casual playerbase, which is pretty damn big, PLAYING!

and by casual i mean mostly people that have kids + full time jobs!

full time jobs = more money for you, right?

right!
Mods, I really want you all to take a good look at yourself and what you're becoming in this thread. Did he really say anything other than, "that gamer/streamer has a better pulse of the game and gamer sentiment at this point". what is so objectionable in that remark? there was nothing censorious in that remark! And you removed it

Please stop this, mods!

"
codagain wrote:
Chris & All GGG devs.
You should watch this Math`s video.
[Removed by Support]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdpA_xHXhEA
The change about Heart of the Grove is actually really nice and interesting with the Upgrade of encounter Harvest in map to.
-> Maybe the fight can be use for let player drop Deterministe remove/add Orbs ?

But, i'm a little bit scare by the other change.
I start playing PoE this league, and with harvest, i was able to understand how crafting work in poe. It make crafting more easy to understand for brand new player compare to what it look like to be before.

The fact that we can use harvest crafting on non-influence item look good to.

All this change will make gear loot maybe more valuable to, so it can be interresting. Unless the price of Exalted and other orb skyrocket, because you will need it for making craft.

It's nerf the cluster jewel crafting to, hope it wont make it impossible to have proper cluster jewel for some build that are base on this.

For me, it's some nice change and some other that's look strange because it impact player from a way that make you feel you loose something nice that now only high end player will be able to do.
And it's make crafting way harder for new player, and i thinks it's sad because if harverst didn't exist i will probably never try to craft personnaly. It's to risky and not rewarding, so why spend the low amount of currency i have for nothing ?

Last edited by Drcitron on Mar 11, 2021, 3:52:23 AM
So out of touch with the playerbase it is laughable.

Did you expect anything else from people that quit playing their own game 5 years ago?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info