Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

I have almost 37 challenges and ran a ton of maps and have never encountered any remove/add or augment chaos... So I don't get how crafts are too easy to obtain or too common. Just make them untradeable/get rid of TFT and let us store more of them please.
Also it would be great to add a Stash to the Sacred Grove, so that you can scour items in case you need your base to be magic to apply crafts. That would be great QoL.
The changes outlined in the manifesto really feel like a giant step in the wrong direction...
reading this post, i noticed that there are insanely different player groups.

i dont like this changes, harvest should just be removed from the game.
"Ah, salutations my children... are you ready for your daily dose of smooth jazz?"
I dont like the changes. The Harvest was certainly to powerfull when it was introduced to the game with unlimited Horticrafting stations and to some annoying to manage the garden (personally i didnt mind), but I feel like currently it is for sure still powerfull, but mainly in the hands of seasoned and experienced players. Which in the end will craft OP items eighter way. So in the end the ones being f*cked the most here are the casual and newer players.

This change will be a turnoff for many newer, casual and also veterans which in the end will hurt your game. I personally love Harvest as it is and it was the ONLY reason why I came back to play ALOT this season (skipped Heist league because there was no Harvest).

So my final thoughts:

If these changes go trough I will not play the next league. So thats atleast -1 person that spends easily 150-200 USD each league I play.

Cheers.
Last edited by LoniLoni on Mar 11, 2021, 3:31:11 AM
"We don't want to take away the feeling of closing your eyes and Exalting an item, scared to see whether you ruined it or not."

is that a joke?

My most enjoyable leagues have been Harvest and Ritual and purely because crafting did not feel out of reach. /RIP harvest
What exactly is your goal? to make this game unbeatable by the casual player? only the ones that put 8h a day can do end game content?

if that is you goal ie. dont care about increasing playerbase/make money and only developing a game for the elite players .... then you are going in the right direction.

A game needs to be hard but challenges need to be achievable with a reasonable amount of time. Deterministic crafting allow casual player to do that in a 3 months season + try a build or 2 more. Remove that and casual player will either quit or RMT for currency to buy them from elites and feel the sense of achievements.

I do not understand why you are so keen to do "your vision" and not just give players what they want. You are scared we will be bored? no on the contrary we are just gonna try another build and minmax it again... with a reasonable amount of effort.

Screw streamer and high profile players ... this is the most fun i ve had and the most engaged i have been ... and i didnt buy one chaos in RMT. So pls for the love of god do not take away a feature that allows me to feel good and have fun without burying my real life. (it's not at all as easy as you think it is for normal players... 2 months in and still not maxed).

PS: I suggest you do a poll and let players vote...

casual player here :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdpA_xHXhEA

all is said by path of math here,

harvest gave me item goals, this will be just gambling after the nerf it is not exiting because knowing 90% of the time using an exalt will ruin an item i never ever use it to craft only to buy items from others, your design team is completely disconnected from reality.

i buy packs every month usually because i enjoy your game, but no more.

it's back to just farming currency and buying items from the 0.1% items that have been identified as good enough, hear that? good "enough" not just good (i don't identify items as it is more efficient to just choas recipe them in the league start)

you think this will improve player retention i doubt it as people will never be able to afford gear good enough to do end-end-game, this takes away many possibilities exept for the most rich or trade oriented people that play 12h a day.
As a filthy casual (trade softcore) who doesn't do much crafting anyways, this does not change directly anything for me. Not a care in the world.

Indirectly, it will remove/reduce good items with low cost from trade which can make game harder (for me).
As I can NEVER afford very best items from crafts, no impact there.

Also, it takes more effort now for crafters to create easy currency, I suppose.

PS! When are doors being nerfed?
Last edited by morfeablack on Mar 11, 2021, 3:34:42 AM
What a waste.
I hope this is reconsidered. Harvest crafting makes the game a lot more enjoyable, to the point where it's absence during Heist league felt like a real loss. I can't remember the last time I was ever excited to craft anything without harvest.
Alright, let me just remove all my theory crafted builds that were made possible by harvest. Oh. No. Wait. That's all of them :(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info