Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

The "club" won't look so "elite" when more people show up at the gates meritoriously and ask to be allowed in now, would it?

Oh how everyone have fallen in 2020 onwards and shown such feet of clay!

"
SlimShady63 wrote:
It's funny how your philosophy, your way of thinking, in most cases, is the opposite as mine. I enjoy playing the game with OP characters, and when I spend 100 ex on a character I expect it to destroy the endgame. But for you it's different, you want people to "suffer" in your game. GGG, you're making a game, it's not real life, let people have fun, will you?

Plus Harvest might be deterministic now, but to make a perfect piece of gear, you still need to invest a lot. You might need 10 rem / add before hitting T1, and spent 10 to 20 ex just for 1 mod. Anyway, we'll see how it is in 3.14, but the way you talk always makes people think you nerfed things way too hard and turned our mind into a negative way of thinking and you shoud probably change that. Hire a psy of something for better communication hey.
Someone want to work at blizzard like it seems.
"
Destructicon wrote:
This is the first time I actually felt compelled to post on the forums.

GGG, these proposed changes are simply terrible. They are out of touch with the reality of how it is to actually play the game.

I have a 9 hour job, excluding weekends, when a league starts I only have about 4-6 hours per day to actually play.

I do not have the time to constantly farm the currency to craft items, the old fashioned way.

I also do not have the time to farm enough exalts to buy the best crafted items on the market.

Harvest was perfect for this. Its deterministic crafting actually gave me achievable goals to strive for to create good items.

But, even with harvest it still takes a lot of time and effort.

Your statement that its too easy to get perfect items is delusional. Even with harvest it still takes an incredible amount of time to actually find the correct harvests to make a good item as even the harvests can roll bad ones, which require further remove/adds.

Getting rid of remove + remove/add will just make it nearly impossible for those of us with limited time, due to jobs, to even consider having good items.

I am also extremely disappointed because this goes against your philosophy you talked about back when adding harvest, that you want more deterministic crafting.

The game is in the best state right now especially because of harvest. I don't want to go back to the old way of playing or crafting because the old way is just gambling.

I hate gambling, there is no skill or skill expression involved in slamming hundreds to thousands of different types of currency into an item, hoping it'll get good enough rolls to then slam more.

With the nuking of remove and remove/add mods I simply have nothing to strive for, good items are just perpetually out of reach and, honestly I'd rather just quit for good then go back to gambling, I hate gambling.

Why do you need the best items to enjoy the game?

Legendary items are there for your deterministic needs. Rare are there to ensure you will always have something better to look forward to.

You do not need to gamble to enjoy the game, just gather your currency and trade for your item needs.

What you fail to comprehend is: the more time you put into the game the more you should get out, you want the reward curve to satisfy your limited time, at the cost of making the reward curve unsatisfying closer to higher end.

This is bad for streamers, this will cause worse player retention per league.
Sadly what is good for the game, will not always feel good, like bitter medicine.
OMEGALUL

GGG is this an out of season April fools joke?

Starve your ego, GGG. We hate gambling masked as crafting, it's awful. This is not what PoE needs.

Don't take away something people love.
Last edited by SunL4D2 on Mar 11, 2021, 3:20:12 AM
"
Seehundi wrote:
- after a harvest craft the item is account bound
- let us store 100 crafts

Problem solved. Thank me later.

THIS GUY HARVESTS

I like the idea and i can't think of anything bad about but maybe someone else can.
Worst decision in a long time. stop making bad changes to your game and use your ressources to actually make it better/more QOL! There are "features" in this game that didnt get any love at all.
targeted annulment was my FAV part of harvest why you gotta ruin it?
In Memoriam-Harvest, it shall be remembered. Please reconsider it tho, see the amount of players which are disappointed and the other ones that agree with this, just these 2 categories, not the ones that say "dont bitch about it or smth else, it wont be that bad". Just the 2 opposites and see which are the procentages, pro and cons, you know the drill. I myself love not to spam thousands of alterations just to get a mod that i want and after that to get some random garbage mods which i dont want on an item in which i invested money.
Players: we are having fun
GGG: you are not allowed to have fun TIME TO NERF AGAIN
I am very dissapointed. This is a terrible news. Harvest crafting was the only option for me, as a casual player (but a casual player who puts a lot of money, and time into this game, because i simply love it) to actually draw any fun experience from crafting. This is a terrible news, because PoE i s going to become - again, a game where stress, immense effort, and random straws of luck become deciding factors on whether you have strong items or not. I think i'm going to pass on the next league
Put these foolish ambitions to rest.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info