Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

Yaaay more builds dead. Good job ggg. More reason to skip next leagues till this nonsense is sorted out...
Atlas is amazing!
Rip Harvest, 0 Improvements really needed (like improve the trading system) only nerfs that downgrade the quality of life of the game and that quality of life is what maintains a part of the community for more than a month within the league in which I include myself.
First of all, with phrases like '' This sentiment was summed up by a member of our design team who recently said (We don't want to take away the feeling of closing your eyes and Exalting an item, scared to see whether you ruined it or not.) '', that answers me a question that they have a design team that does not play their game or that they do not know it well, if memory serves me I have used 2 exalted orb in all my playing time and play since the perandus league.
If these changes are implemented I am not gonna buy more supported packs and I invite the community that supports this game that is dissatisfied to take a similar attitude, I really think that Chris and the DEVS are losing their way if they have not lost it already and the best way to make us notice is hiting their pocket.
Dam I really missed the feelings of spamming alts and fossils on items then multi-moding. The feeling I get when the item I awakener orbed is a 2 mod item because all the other mods rolled shit.
And why would anyone ex slam items when the mod pool is just diluted with 100 mods you dont want and 1 that you do, the odds are so stacked against you. At least with harvest, the mods you want hit are possible for player who wants to craft who doesnt have thousands of ex to throw away.
I really do not understand the logic here, are there people abusing harvest to get whatever they want? Yes. Anything can be abused when you can just throw enough currency at it to make it work.

Most people (myself included) are not using harvest to make quintuple influence modded items or have the currency to even begin to consider such an endeavor, we use Harvest to make actually endgame viable shit.
By that I mean removing re-rolling a shit resistance tier on an otherwise decent item or removing a modifier that does nothing for our build or that might actually brick it.

The problem is people being able to throw endless currency at things until they are perfect and not Harvest itself. The influence thing is a perfectly fine nerf IMO, it is probably too powerful even if I don't personally make much use of it but targeted divines and annuls are kinda what makes the system useful for fixing drops.

I don't love harvest for letting me make insane multi-influenced gear because i don't use it for that. I love harvest because it guarantees that I can realistically set a goal and go for it. Crambling is a crap system and just as souring as disabling your loot filter for a second and seeing that 99.9% of items are actual dogturds that you're better off ignoring.
Ok so cya PoE i guess !
My main concern they nerf Harvest and didn't touch on the 100HH buff that ruin and trivialize all the game.

So it seams that Farmville is fighting back on GGG mind.

Shame boys!
Don't make league mechanics like this.
"
philosoaper wrote:

by all means "remove" harvest.. but increase the drop rate of exalts by 1000.. let us have 100+ every map.. so that we can actually have fun crafting.. which is what Harvest enabled..

fun..

it's why it took me nearly 8 years to make a character that was good enough and fun enough to level to 100..that happened in Harvest.. and never before

this...

GGG, i cant tell wether this decision IS right or IS NOT... nly how it makes me feel as a player and it feels really bad.

I came back in 3.13 after a almost 2 years break from poe and im having a blast. Im playing SSF HC for the first time and my Inq is lvl99 and is on the way to 100 for the first time! I releveled like 5 times because i knew i can craft my stuff again with harvest and have so much FUN actualy DOING it. For the first time im playing a build for this long without thinking that ill never gonna be able to upgrade my gear.

This is streight up nerf to SSF in my opinion... AND a nerf to the part of the game that is actualy keeping ppl playing...

Please! Reconsider the changes...
Fireslap-> Joined: Jul 28, 2012
You associate risk with excitement. I associate risk with low interest.
Steady is better than gone.

Many people like being OP...many people want the best for their character and it's obvious then that you only pick the best options.

People don't like the randomness of the Annul orb, you can ruin an expensive item with a single orb, for that Harvest was great.

I didn't like the idea of risking an expensive item by trading with another, so i didn't buy any craft.

I would rather have itemised tradeable crafts than trade with randoms.

Options were NOT overwhelming, but LESS-THAN-OPTIMAL options were PLENTY.

People wanted MORE crafting options, we get LESS.

People expressing frustration about a discord is actually a complaint about the trade channels. You definitely want the game to offer you easy ways to trade and spamming the trade channels is outdated.

The trade site is basically an AH without instant-delivery, but it's filled with price fixers which make me waste my time. That's not my idea of fun trading.

I have been playing the game off and on since release. Pretty much the whole time I hit a major wall and give up before continuing. Its fun for maybe 2-3 weeks.

I never even knew what a red map was till last league when I leeched exp and items from other peoples insane speed runs. I never knew what influence or shaper items meant, didn't even know who the master mind was for the Syndicate. Never owned a 6 link item.

This is the first time I discovered a way to advance myself into the end game, I actually spent time researching what the end game is and items were about. I still have no idea how half the crafting stuff works and I'm not really interested. Why are exalts so popular? What the hell does a blessed orb actually do? Why doesn't upping my find rare items seem to affect anything?

I do know thou that if I can find and defeat a harvest \ ritual I have a chance at some better gear and thus progress thru endgame.

I would implore you to expand on these systems instead of nerf them. I have no interest in trading or what ever the speed freaks in multiplayer are doing.

You spend the time to create this new content, yet it seems like a majority of players just give up before experiencing it. Hopefully some day I'll be able to see the shaper or find some of the other end game content from previous leagues I didn't even know existed.
Great!!! Now I can only have a great season if I build a boss killer and repeatedly kill bosses. oh wait! nvmd, we still have delve completely op yet nobody says anything.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info