Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

so tl;dr don't play next league ? Thanks for the heads up chris ! <3
This is so non-sense. Why you would waste an exalted or even some chaos on slamming items if you can simple use that currency to buy the item you need from other players? The level of RNG-based is simply absurd.
What's the point of ilevel on items? isn't stupid that a level 86+ item can roll a tier 10 mod? So you think wasting an exalted to get a +12 life on a end game item is fun? I simply cannot understand.
Finally, if trading harvest craft is a problem (I didn't know people did that until today) just make that people can't join in maps from other players with harvest tree...is so simply GGG....

PD: Some quotes from the manifesto are a punch in the face for the community.
no like me
Last edited by SaucyAuPath on Mar 11, 2021, 2:14:19 AM
harvest in it's current state is the best quality of life addition to the game we've ever had!!!

and now you're going to destroy it?!

it made crafting actually feel like crafting instead of gambling and gave casual and new players an actual fighting chance!
Last edited by Graas Hoppa on Mar 11, 2021, 2:13:06 AM
Harvest was too strong, so i like this changes.
I had thought about never giving Blizzard money again, but thanks to you I look forward to Diablo 4. Thanks GGG first and last league I will never forget.
Dislike
The problem with these upcoming massive nerfs is the fact that people aren't swimming in dozens or 100's of exalts able to slam their way to a good item(s).

You want people to be "excited for closing our eyes using an exalted orb and knowing it won't be a bad outcome"? Do you play your game even? Out of all the times I've yolo ex slammed I've ended up with a *worse* version of the item.
This is mainly due to the fact that in PoE there are so many different mod groups and combinations for both attacks and spells.

You could be trying to yolo ex slam to make an attack or caster ring and end up with all the opposite kinds of stats and/or defenses. I could be an ES build looking to get cast speed on a ring but yolo slamming could land me with life rolls and attack speed rolls instead.

At least in D2 when you used your valuable rare runes (HR/high runes) you *at least* knew the mods you were getting when making X or Y runeword. Most of the time you'd end up with lower values but you knew what you were getting for your build.
I'd love to see something like this in PoE.

As so many countless other people have already mentioned, the burnout is real. 99% of people do not have time to no life the game to gamble on yolo slams with no kind of deterministics.
I blew through a month's worth of currency in Heist trying to make a ring in about 20-30min then just said f*** it and quit. Did not want to go through all that farming again.
Last edited by 009Status on Mar 11, 2021, 2:20:31 AM
"
OminousZeal wrote:
So many people crying about these changes. Stop, please stop. These are good changes, Harvest is a chore. Go farm main stat on diablo if you want this type of progression.

+1, in the long run these changes will do more good than harm. I will admit that this isn't the best way to tweak harvest, but still better than leaving it as is. Awakener orb then sit on discord to finish a broken item with minimal risk has trivialized end game, not necessarily this league, but eventually in the future these items would become the norm and ggG would inevitably balance new content around you having 20 different broken influence mods on your items and your main skill either being level 30 thanks to various +# to all x gems mods on gear or being socketed in a crazy pseudo 7l.

Influence mods on their own were strong enough, then they added awakener's orb and conqueror mods and drastically upped the power creep, I'm honestly surprised they even back in harvest league allowed you to craft influenced items given how blatantly broken that was.

At the moment, with double influenced items and harvest being able to finish them up with minial risk, it's basically like having PoB's item editor in the game. It's one thing to make these types of items in PoB for jokes and laughs, but completely different when you can actually make them in game now with minial risk involved.

This will also bring back some power to generic non-influence rare items which have been overshadowed for quite some time now ever since conqeror & awakener orbs came out. Looking back now, pre-nerf fossils were a golden era and imo a proper way to craft gg items.

I'm honestly surprised that ggg has for once acknowledged power creep, even more surprised that they're actually doing something about it.

Good riddance ggg.
Synthesised Synthesis of Synthetic Synthesising
-----------------------------------------------
Revert 3.7 melee changes | Tfw Synthesis still not core | REVERT SUNDER
-----------------------------------------------
IGN: JustineㆍFlorbelle [Removed by Support] imagine being a forum janitor lmao
This Nerf-to-the-ground-manifesto is so wrong... All you did was to shift the "get perfect item" further away from normal players and towards the top 0.1%. Where before the top 1% could afford or make such an item.

On the other hand you introduce more and more powerful content with more and more hp, avoidance and oneshot mechanics. Making it more and more neccessary to "get perfect item".

So just stuff your marketing-correct wording and say it as it is: we don't want normal players to see content. We dont't want non-streamers to get a mid-tier item and we only want high-end items in the hands of full-time-players.

Now to my subjective part: You won't see further money from me till there is something worth paying for. Greetz from someone who only plays 15-20 hours a week. Let that sink in: only 15-20 hours per week. Halftime-job. wtf...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info