Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

Here's everything about Harvest:

1- In Harvest league you introduced it. Result: Fail.
2- In Heist league you removed it.
3- In Ritual League you reintroduced it. Crafting market happened. Fail.
4- In 3.14 you're nerfing it. Epic Fail.

I feel like a not-paid beta tester...
𝐋𝐚𝐜𝐞𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐧 𝐁𝐮𝐢𝐥𝐝 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐝: /view-thread/2875553
𝐈𝐫𝐨𝐧 𝐇𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐨𝐮𝐭❜𝐬 𝐅𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐥: https://ironhideout.net 🪽
𝐌𝐲 𝐇𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐬 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝: /view-thread/3483665
𝐌𝐲 𝐏𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝 (𝐔𝐩𝐝𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐝❢): /view-thread/3263906 | 𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐨𝐫𝐝: pegasusrider
𝐇𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐈𝐫𝐨𝐧 𝐇𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝟓-𝟔-𝟕-𝟗-𝟏𝟐 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝟏𝟑: /view-thread/3519150
Last edited by PegasusRideR on Mar 11, 2021, 2:57:19 AM
This has made me much more excited for 3.14. Thank you for having the courage to do this

I played Diablo 1 with item editor cheats as a teen, and they took all of the fun out of the game.

Harvest in the hands of an experienced player feels just like that, and it's sapped my interest this league to know that whatever I'm doing in game, I would get much more powerful crafting rewards by grinding scoured tier 9 Haewark maps, then sitting in a trade discord.

When the most powerful strategy is as anti-fun as that, it kills interest in the game.

Harvest will remain the dominant way to craft jewels with these changes, and a lot of the second tier crafts will become good with the broken ones gone.

Also let this be a lesson - you can't balance with rarity. All 'balance through rarity' achieves is concentrating wealth.
Le Toucan Will Return
I really enjoyed this harvest reworked added to core this league, it was the best addition made to the game ever for me. I never was really into crafting but with this I started to get the feel and get more and more into it, I guess GGG decided to kill it. Well I guess I will enjoy the rest of the league then uninstall and move on to better games. What a shame.
Hiya.

I just want to say, I quit playing back in the middle of Delerium league, partially because of game performance, and partially because I was tired of farming currency so I could buy an upgrade from someone else.

I came back this league to the absolute best PoE experience I've ever had. Harvest plays a large part in why it's been so great, because of the items I've been able to slowly work towards having that are impossible to even conceive of normally.

This will most certainly be the last league I ever play this game; since your manifesto makes it clear that every change I felt was in the 'right direction' is wholeheartedly a mistake, and not something you actually intended to do.

I know you wouldn't be making this type of change if you feel the people who leave are of any substantial number or weight, but I wanted to express my displeasure anyway.
A scion may be born of the rich, and as such hold more opportunity...
but a scion will never be able to appreciate the finer beauty of those less fortunate.
Hmm...

You can "fix" harvest trading with one simple solution: when you first time craft item with harvest- make item "account-bound" or make item with "harvest" tag - can`t be dropped or to be sold to other players...
Only storable in your own stash... and so on...

Problem solved!

I newer bought or sold any of my few valuable craft in discord- just tried on my own items with any success. Upgraded my items to solve resistance problems... This was fun and worth doing. But now... oh welll

p.s. sorry about my English- not my first or even second language :)

aa
Last edited by Saquu on Jul 29, 2023, 11:14:12 PM
:)
A good news for everyone not exploiting the system and who wants to find items and a bad one for everyone who got used to play, earn oder faceroll content with it.

A Diablo-type (ARPG) game should be about finding items to use or trade ... not finding baseitems and to craft them into a nearly perfect items.

Compare what you can find with some things ppl crafted like 1000 DPS 1-hand , 1500DPS 2hand or +6 +7 +8 Staffs. Why pick stuff from the ground ? Right .. you don´t any longer.

This game completely derailed into a currency-per-hour grind to craft/buy the near perfect items for the top 5 % of players and for a buy a bossfight-complete from those same 5% for the bottom 60% that would not even see the top of the new content in most leagues at all.
cya Deathtiny
level fast, die young and leave a nice looking corpse!
Tinyshideouts: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3260135
Remove it altogether or just leave it as is. We don't need another useless core mechanic.
Given people some shit is easy,take away it from them is hard .
"
sirgog wrote:
This has made me much more excited for 3.14. Thank you for having the courage to do this

I played Diablo 1 with item editor cheats as a teen, and they took all of the fun out of the game.

Harvest in the hands of an experienced player feels just like that, and it's sapped my interest this league to know that whatever I'm doing in game, I would get much more powerful crafting rewards by grinding scoured tier 9 Haewark maps, then sitting in a trade discord.

When the most powerful strategy is as anti-fun as that, it kills interest in the game.

Harvest will remain the dominant way to craft jewels with these changes, and a lot of the second tier crafts will become good with the broken ones gone.

Also let this be a lesson - you can't balance with rarity. All 'balance through rarity' achieves is concentrating wealth.

Did you have to pay other players to affect one mod using that item editor of yours?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info