Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

Guess you guys really don't want a community lol........ This is going to be enough to make me finally want to walk away from this game.
As an SSF player who likes crafting in games, and has dabbled with poe many times over the years, I've put like 200 hours in this league, more than any league ever by a factor of 2x at least... I gave up about halfway through heist after failing to chance up a second cold Iron point and feeling like I had hit a wall. My previous most played league, was you guessed it, harvest.. the first league that actually made me feel like POE was worth playing past act 5. Most of the money I've spent on tabs and MTX, was in ritual or harvest.

The irony is that IMO harvest is not NEARLY powerful enough in it's *CURRENT form in ssf. the augs / removes are so rare I've found maybe ~20 so far total across that 200 hours and am nowhere NEAR perfecting any of my items.. (I do have a bleed bow with T1phys+60%elderbleed + crap suffixes because I YOLO'd a few reroll keeping prefixes haha.)

So it's messing with trade and not helping SSF as much as it should, yeah that's worth fixing. But man.. these changes are devastating to the already hard climb that is SSF harvest crafting. when I think about going back to picking up rares and using wisdom scrolls...

I hate it when people threaten to quit over a change. But yesterday I was pulling out my phone in the john, using the work wifi to read about crazy builds I could try to make. Now there's no chance of ever putting enough gear together anyways, no chance I can make any of it work, so what's the point? I'm not going to cry about it, but yeah, it's like I just woke up from a dream, and I'm looking around realizing my interest in playing this game has just completely evaporated and I don't really care what the next league even is.

came back cuz harvest was re added, quitting again because it's getting destroyed because of crybabies that makes the devs change it
Ditt j*vla flöte Danne!!
oh come on...

i am so saddened right now, really. In Harvest leaque i had reasons to really play alot, i also crafted myself nice gear. i played a real lot, compared to past years. I was so happy harvest came to std.
I got a ring, i need remove defence, i farmed, but never found it, on my quest on finding it, i sold crafts like for half a mirror.

Also i threw a hell of a lot fitting crafts on a now legacy delve chest bease.

Now you telling me, i can never finish that while mirror services have tripple maven orbed stuff to offer ?

In my 5k+ hours i never found a mirror, i am not META, so i give up all hopes and can plan on reaching t16 maps at most in a leaque and otherwise i can just buy stuff in std ?

maybe i invest my time otherwise, sorry to say it but i am delusioned
Path of Matth said everything, and I'm glad to see that everyone here thinks the same.

We don't want to waste our 1500 exalts that we don't have.
I am happy to have played ritual league to its fullest. The decision to permanently quit poe has never been easier after reading this post. It is clear that you do not have the same vision as players do, and it's a shame.

It was a good game while it lasted.
So i left poe in 2015 because it was not fun to play with self-found bad gear and there was no way to farm to buy something good unless i quit my job, i came back this league after 6 years, i started to love the game, crafted my first ever items with harvest, i feel like me as casual have the chance to actualy reach end game and never be bored improving each day, as a thank you i bought support packs because i thought they deserve the love for making it fun for us who quit b4, now when i read it i feel like i got punched in the face...

Edit: idk why they do this, are they losing money? Its not a p2w game where you can buy currency with real money so what do they lose? It only brings more players which means more money from support packs, it doesnt break anything just makes the game more fun and rewarding for us
SicknatuREE - Ritual
Last edited by DevilwalkHype on Mar 11, 2021, 2:30:04 AM
So as always the guys who making hundreds and thousands of exalted a week are like nvm i buy my items directly no need for harvest so I don't care if they nerf it to death but guys like me who likes crafting before buying are screwed harvest was the only way for me and many other players to get really good items. And yes I'm really pissed but that's PoE they make a awesome decision to add something to core/buff skills and then nerf and change the shit out of it :(
Speaking anecdotally, I played for FAR longer than I would have this league because Harvest offered ways to continue to incrementally improve my gear far into the late game. These changes seem kind of silly to me, and will likely only result in me playing less.

Many of the items that I made this league would be practically impossible to make normally, as they would cost tens of thousands of exalts. Removing these crafts from the game seems.... shortsighted at best.
This was inevitable, while this has nothing to do with better player experience.
First time in years i crafted something for myself instead of buying.
FIRST TIME.
Crafting should not be a gambling machine again.
I dont want to close my eyes and slam exalt, i want a reliable crafting system.
You guys again doing wrong thing with game, most of your playerbase dont need or want this.
You made a perfect crafting system, which is easy to understand, but yeah lets kill it, because some people are able to do mirror tier items.
Surprise, they will do them without harvest.
This should be adressed, but not in the way you are doing it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info