Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

"
P_Johann wrote:
"
"We don't want to take away the feeling of closing your eyes and Exalting an item, scared to see whether you ruined it or not."

Why are they trying to sell this quote as something good? Like what the hell, i can counter times when i yolo exalted something by one finger. Middle finger to be precise because of course it was trash mod.

This +1
im done, sorry that your vision for your game is way different from what most people want i just hope some other dev team takes whats great from poe and creates something with all the great aspects and none of your visions because i endured your way of trading i endured the weight of items so i have to pick every single one i endured all of the mechanics put there to make it more tedious to earn items but im just done after 3.13 im just making as this game just died and keep on with other ones because this is just insulting.
"
OminousZeal wrote:
So many people crying about these changes. Stop, please stop. These are good changes, Harvest is a chore. Go farm main stat on diablo if you want this type of progression.

Go farm Valdos for shards then, and ignore it. Changes are straight dumpster bad.
GGG is trying to force an impossible loop here..

you keep pushing the requirement for killing endgame content to unrealistic levels without having unrealistic gear

in order to get that gear without harvest craft.. you have to have an unrealistically good build with good gear so you can farm absurd amounts of currency

this also requires a lot of luck

and time

I keep hearing how Chris only likes SSF HC.. that is fine.. now try to get to endgame content by A: actually playing the game which you seem to not have done for years

and B: limiting your playtime to 1-2 hours a day.. at most..

every league you add more content.. that in itself is cool.. and we like that, but you keep locking stuff behind that content.. which means that every league you have to spend even more time unlocking access to stuff like crafting
if you have a limited amount of time.. that means the endgame just.. is like space.. it expands and the path to get there gets longer and longer with every league.. that is fine if you have unlimited time.. MOST PEOPLE DO NOT.. get that?

while I get that you want people to craft using "chance"

when items costs dozens of exalts to buy (at the moment they're in the hundreds).. and you can go days or weeks without seeing one drop.. people are hardly going to waste them on a tiny fraction of a turds chance that you might.. maybe.. potentially.. sometime in 3000 years.. get the mod you want at the tier you want.. while at the same time bricking the item you tried to craft if you don't get it..
you can't "farm" for exalts.. you can only trade your way up to that.. and you've made and FORCED one of the most cancerous trade systems I've seen.. and don't even get me started on the variant you have on consoles

by all means "remove" harvest.. but increase the drop rate of exalts by 1000.. let us have 100+ every map.. so that we can actually have fun crafting.. which is what Harvest enabled..

fun..

it's why it took me nearly 8 years to make a character that was good enough and fun enough to level to 100..that happened in Harvest.. and never before
generally dangerous
harvest is fine as is it buying and selling crafts that the problem
Are you removing Harvest because you are uncomfortable with accessing high-level items so easy? I wonder how you can have such a ridiculous thought. You say that the Harvest system crushes the craft system inside, but are you sure there is any craft system in the game? Are you sure that the system made before the harvest is craft? Because when you look at it from here, it looks like RNG based gambling. Totally a Gambling!

Ty GGG Ty and Good bye.
Good. I actually needed a reason to skip the next league. I never used expensive currency to craft because it is actually better to buy with them. So I guess is back to messaging 50 players to buy some item that will give you a 5% bust to the build. Also what this guy said

"
Meruemu_y wrote:
Are you removing Harvest because you are uncomfortable with accessing high-level items so easy? I wonder how you can have such a ridiculous thought. You say that the Harvest system crushes the craft system inside, but are you sure there is any craft system in the game? Are you sure that the system made before the harvest is craft? Because when you look at it from here, it looks like RNG based gambling. Totally a Gambling!

Ty GGG Ty and Good bye.

Ty for the advanced warning ;)
Last edited by smokedust on Mar 11, 2021, 1:49:23 AM
I am not surprised that you nerv harvest.
What realy surprises me is, how couldnt you see this coming?
Seriously. It was so obvious to happen like the sun raises every morning.
You didnt see ppl are massivly selling crafts on discord again?
You didnt see ppl are crafting perfect gear again?

So, while i think nerving harvest is maybe the right decission, something that ppl tell you here is 100% true:

The game needs too much time and knowlege to master.
None of my friends want to start with poe cause they feel overwhelmed by the sheer amount of information they have to read and stuff they have to learn.

When Diablo 4 is going life, you will have no more 250.000 ppl play a league because the big group of ppl that dont play 24/7 will move on.
I see this as clear as i saw harvest crafts would be massivly sold on discord again. Can you see it coming too ggg?

Noogi
I have been playing poe off and on since beta. Most of the time I play long enough to get a few exalts, blow them all on one nice item and then lose interest until another league. I didn't play harvest a bunch because of IRL stuff. Came back for this league and loved it. Fairly simple league mechanics combined with an obvious method of progression (harvest) had me hooked. I finally figured out the new conqueror system and beat sirus a few times. I leveled three characters to try out different builds.

Contrary to the perception at GGG, Harvest let me do things to items I had never dared do before. I used exalts on crafting instead of hoarding them. I actually YOLO'd some annuls onto items. I farmed delve so I could fossil craft items to get a good crafting base. I used essences to start an item off with an otherwise unobtainable mod. I spent all my alterations multiple times hunting that perfect t1 combination. I did all this because I knew at the end of the day my item would NOT BE BRICKED.

At the end of all this, I don't have one piece of mirror worthy gear yet and I haven't even finished my atlas. I have played this league more than ever and haven't lost interest. Please rethink the changes. Are the people who blow through the whole game in 10 hours so they can get to "end-game crafting" actually playing the game?
Bullshit... Why don't you ever think about players who have kids and families and don't have as much time to play? For them Harvest is sometimes the only option to get decent gear...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info