Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

"
This sentiment was summed up by a member of our design team who recently said "We don't want to take away the feeling of closing your eyes and Exalting an item, scared to see whether you ruined it or not."

So 1 member of the design team who design and not play the game is more important than 90-99% of your playerbase? And just because he think that using 100s of hours to get materials and then gamble to see if you brick your item or get 1 useful gear out of 100 shit gear is fun don't mean anyone else does. I know you don't like fun but holy shit this is insane.
Finally
3.13 Was the most fun league for me, and I've been here since Domination...
Harves5 crafting was a big part of that. It let's us casual players get to the end game...
It was the first time I ever did Shaper/Elder... First time I had more than a few exalts... I had TONS of fun crafting my own items.

Without harvest, crafting for yourself is almost impossible.
Sarcasm doesn't transfer that well on the internet. But I'm about 95% certain that this one is spot on with sarcasm. Maybe we should "slam an exalt orb with closed eyes" and find out for sure? /s

"
br0nek wrote:
Very good decision. Throughout Ritual I was thinking how much free money it was to farm harvest for the dozens of people on Discord. Saw how discouraged some people felt about crafting at its current state - as posted, there is no more crafting for sale as everyone is making crafts for themselves. Again, pretty much for free. I totally agree that this game should not be this deterministic. I must strongly disagree with all the people that try to post threats of leaving because D2/D4 - I think all we can get by only adding free crafting like that is D3, where you are pretty much given full sets for end game in a day. Keeping my fingers crossed that the changes work out well.
It's really simple, GGG protects their rich streamers who RMT and get free shit every league. Why allow the average player to craft nice gear? [Removed by Support] you've lost my support. I won't play this shit game ever again once D2 remastered comes out, then D4.
Last edited by Anointedone on Mar 11, 2021, 1:40:47 AM
"
Anointedone wrote:
It's really simple, GGG protects their rich streamers who RMT and get free shit every league. Why allow the average player to craft nice gear? [Removed by Support] you've lost my support.

+1
Last edited by Kane_GGG on Mar 11, 2021, 1:39:23 AM
What? Is it April yet at Your location? Are You kidding me?
Then You can simply remove the whole garden from the game with 3.14.

Harvest 1.0 was already abused mainly by traders, harvest 2.0 was purely only abused by the rich traders, and was a huge slap in the face for any true solo player, and now this, really?!

In harvest 1.0, a true solo player like me needed 400 hours to properly harvest craft 1 character's gear. In harvest 2.0, I could not even finish my only one character yet in almost 700 hours, not even half way with the 2 replace life, 6 replace fire, 1 augment influence, etc I got alltogether yet.

But okay, back to pure map rolling with harvest reforges then, and absolutely nothing else.
Or, You know, time to switch again the games to sink my time in and say bye here.

Very well played GGG, very very well.
All-time non-streamer luckless dropless rewardless tons-of-time-playing non-TFT-er 100% solo player.
So, it just turns out, we were lied to for years with the promises of a two-storied one PoE 4.0.
All these worse and worse beta leagues, all these braindead changes, all lead to this.
Last edited by Mike_84 on Mar 11, 2021, 1:41:15 AM
"
Natilo wrote:
I actually like the improvements a lot. Making Heart of the Grove fragment based is a plus and more encounters with the grove is a plus as well.

*those improvements are great yes.

The issue with the add/remove is that they have low risk - you just buy more or farm more harvests until you get the roll you want. I get it.

On the other hand, without any way to target remove, a low tier life roll basically bricks an item. *maybe you could get lucky salvage it with annul if you got super lucky, but I drop less annuls than ex. Can't afford to try. Also I might have spent 15ex just getting to the point where I was ready to aug life...

I could imagine being ok with a craft 'bricking' my item with a bad roll if the original item had been quicker and cheaper to craft up in the first place. If the (currency in trade / crafts in ssf) rolled in fast enough, and I could take a few more shots in a reasonable time frame... fine. But they don't. Spending all that time and saving all that currency just for one shot to hit a 1/500 mod and more than likely flush my time down the toilet, nope not interested.

The reality is the 'deterministic' add/remove is just a bandaid for the peasant class, over the stupid currency drop rates and the insulting mod roll tables. I could accept a bit more gambling in my crafts if the chances weren't so astronomically set against me...

What they really need to do is rebalance mod rolling around ilvl. an ilvl 86 item should have a way higher chance of rolling tier 1 and 2 mods, and should NEVER roll anything less than tier 4. This would be for drops, orbs, harvest, everything. Make monsters drop less stuff, but better stuff. It would reduce the dependence on crafting and item filters, and it improve the chances of getting something decent out of an orb (even though I'd still never use one).

I did skip harvest totally this league, just killed Oshabi once.
And was still able to crush end game bosses so I guess it makes no real differences.
Unless you like the economy part it creates.
Maybe for pure SSF players it is sad.
But keep the good work and communication GGG ! THX
Why are you balancing an important element of the game on one person's whims?

Should you not look at the general consensus instead of one person's impractical idealism. Ever thought, maybe the majority of your player-base dont care for that asinine reason to slam an ex for garbage 90% of the time?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info