Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

"
unrealmans wrote:
Those people who abused harvest got absolutely zero life.

It takes about 1 hour to learn how to use harvest for crafting top items. It's not hard at all.
Very good decision. Throughout Ritual I was thinking how much free money it was to farm harvest for the dozens of people on Discord. Saw how discouraged some people felt about crafting at its current state - as posted, there is no more crafting for sale as everyone is making crafts for themselves. Again, pretty much for free. I totally agree that this game should not be this deterministic. I must strongly disagree with all the people that try to post threats of leaving because D2/D4 - I think all we can get by only adding free crafting like that is D3, where you are pretty much given full sets for end game in a day. Keeping my fingers crossed that the changes work out well.
Typicall for GGG. Ruin the game for casual players. Make it sweet for those who play all the time.
One day you will find yourself with very little players in the game GGG, as it is not gonna be worthwile to start the league for a casual player with life and a family.

Harvest gave me the chance to make some great gear without having to spend my hard-earned currency to buy it from "all-the time players". Now they will be rich again and people like me will be left with no choice but to wait untill the 3rd month of the league, to make their character being able to get some decent gear, only when the prices go down at the end of a league.
Not all players craft theirs gear as it is not so easy and result is not guaranteed. It is a downside to the game, not a great thing you know.
Bravo to you!
And all of that when you keep making boss fights harder and harder.

So the plan is to push casual players out of the game?
The aggressiveness of the mods in this thread is both a testament to how bad these changes are, as well as how the player feedback is likely to be handled.
So let me get this straight. You're nerfing the ability for the average player to make nice items, [Removed by Support] You haven't thought this through GGG, or maybe you have and you feel you make more money from the [Removed by Support] Diablo 4 can't come soon enough.
Last edited by Kane_GGG on Mar 11, 2021, 1:34:19 AM
This. I don't think there was any rhyme or well reasoned rationale in most of the things GGG do w.r.t "design changes" or "philosophy" for some time now. We have been taken for a ride, suffering bad choices and some unhealthy liberties being taken with us and our patience. we have also incorrectly internally rationalised it with "muh, intellectual game and me intellectual, having challenging fun". But the tone and condescension in this one has broken the camel's back for a lot of us.

"
bugslayerjohn wrote:
This manifesto is an absolute joke. The current form of harvest crafting is powerful, to be sure, but the level of effort involved in crafting a very high end piece of gear for yourself is still on the order of many hundreds of exalts in most cases. Many critically important mods like mana can't be targeted at all and are still a cornerstone of particularly unique and valuable "treasures". The inability to craft on influenced bases isn't just a nerf, it makes harvest actually useless. If you want proof, look no further than synthesized and fractured items, which in many cases have absolutely no value as a crafting base even with top tier mods...because they can't be influenced, and influenced mods are absolutely fundamental to assembling a playable build at this point.

You're so terrified that someone with 500-1000exa is going to assemble a perfect item that you're ripping away the ONE THING that allowed someone with 100exa to make something pretty nice. Just to make sure that the top 0.00001% of players don't make a few mirror tier items each league, you're completely screwing one of the most useful mechanics the game has ever had in terms of accessible gear for inexperienced players.

League after league it's so obvious that NOBODY at GGG has any clue what this game looks like for 99% of players, especially new players, but never has the level of tone deaf been more obvious than it is here in this manifesto, where you repeat the words of the actual real frustrations that these players have with the mechanic, and then manage to jump to the most tone-deaf worst possible conclusion.

Well done guys. You've really outdone yourselves this time.
"

Does that mean you can't use add (augment) crafts on influenced items but non-mod/add mod and remove/add still available for influenced items?

no, they mean the mod that says like

"add an Influence modifier to influenced item"
or
"remove an influence modifier and add an influence modifier to influenced item"

The ones you're talking about (ie: Remove/Add Physical) will not work.
Every single update this game feels more and more like a full-time job. You're trying to turn all the player base into no-lifers and it will backfire.

Everywhere I go now I see that people are quitting the game, because they need to put absurd amounts of time to get some ok-ish gear and be able to progress a bit.

Harvest was giving normal players a chance at decent items as well. Now you're taking it away. That wouldn't even be an issue, really, if there were other ways normal players would be able to get some decent gear, without playing until they get sick.

Maybe you should put more of your time into getting rid of the 98% of trash items that drop and boss fights that don't drop anything worthwhile and feel like a waste of time. I've done countless end-game guardian and boss fights and I didn't even get a single notable drop worth more than 50c. I've also got a friend who's done 2250 Sirus kills and got the following notable drops: 7 awakened multistrikes, around 150 awakener orbs, 34 swords and other lower value awakened gems. An absurd amount of kills, 2250, and you can see for yourself how worthwhile they were. I myself have stopped killing Sirus after doing like 15 and not getting anything more than 50c drops.

Maybe you should think more about all those players that quit before or during yellow maps, when they find out that they now need to play 8hrs a day to be able to slowly progress a bit.

I love this game, but am tired of the standard being "you need to play at least 8hrs a day to get somewhere". It's tiring and unhealthy. We're changing work burnout for game burnout, and so gaming loses it's real objective - to be fun and to help you chill.
Last edited by zenith04 on Mar 11, 2021, 1:36:01 AM
The game need targeted crafting.
Have it only in harvest is not very good, but it need to be in the game.

If we could drop "exalted fire orb", "exalted caster orb", "annulment cold orb"... in the Ritual, Heist, Delve, ... it would be very good.
Thank you for not having to attempt heart of the grove in harvest. Its not pleasant.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info