Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

There once was a game called Anthem... It is dead now. They had a bug that increased loot drop and players was happy at last a bit of fun to a grindy and boring game.

But fun was no allowed so this bug was fixed super fast instead of focusing on way more important stuff.

I kind of get that vibe from this decision. You want it to be about RNG but the problem is that 90% of the loot is shit and the pool is soooooo bloated. With "craft" you can work towards a goal and progress in the game. Crafts should never be total RNG.

Why do you hate fun GGG? Diablo 3 can work without crafts... (even though it have craft with specific outcome) Because the loot drop feels statisfying and the loot pool is not bloated because you mainly get items for your class of choice.

Stop looking at the 1% of playing and build your game around them. Instead look at the 99%. Loot is no fun because there is soooooo much trash tier loot (alc recipe)

[Removed by Support]I know you are called "Grinding" Gear. But This is insane.
Last edited by Kane_GGG on Mar 11, 2021, 1:26:40 AM
"
The second issue was that players felt overwhelmed to get so many crafting options. It was possible for up to 100 or so crafts to be given to the player per grove, and this caused people to feel obliged to consume them otherwise they would be wasted.

"overwhelmed" lol. what kind of excuse is this? its like saying that more good thing is bad. I bet you really make this up because it just dont make any sense. if they are overwhelmed with harvest, they will be even more overwhelmed (and broke) with normal craft.

"
Players also expressed frustration that the most effective way to get the best items in Path of Exile was to join a discord channel and try to trade for these incredibly crucial crafts.

yeah maybe make it more effective in game so you dont have to do it outside? trading for item is also mostly done outside of the game. there is no effective thing for trading ingame. by that logic you need to close all trade site because they are not part of the game.
Last edited by lifebreak on Mar 11, 2021, 1:26:15 AM
"
Crafts that add mods of specific types (like Physical Modifiers, for example) to items can now only be applied to non-influenced items, except for the existing mod that applies an influenced mod to an influenced item.

Does that mean you can't use add (augment) crafts on influenced items but non-mod/add mod and remove/add still available for influenced items?
This manifesto is an absolute joke. The current form of harvest crafting is powerful, to be sure, but the level of effort involved in crafting a very high end piece of gear for yourself is still on the order of many hundreds of exalts in most cases. Many critically important mods like mana can't be targeted at all and are still a cornerstone of particularly unique and valuable "treasures". The inability to craft on influenced bases isn't just a nerf, it makes harvest actually useless. If you want proof, look no further than synthesized and fractured items, which in many cases have absolutely no value as a crafting base even with top tier mods...because they can't be influenced, and influenced mods are absolutely fundamental to assembling a playable build at this point.

You're so terrified that someone with 500-1000exa is going to assemble a perfect item that you're ripping away the ONE THING that allowed someone with 100exa to make something pretty nice. Just to make sure that the top 0.00001% of players don't make a few mirror tier items each league, you're completely screwing one of the most useful mechanics the game has ever had in terms of accessible gear for inexperienced players.

League after league it's so obvious that NOBODY at GGG has any clue what this game looks like for 99% of players, especially new players, but never has the level of tone deaf been more obvious than it is here in this manifesto, where you repeat the words of the actual real frustrations that these players have with the mechanic, and then manage to jump to the most tone-deaf worst possible conclusion.

Well done guys. You've really outdone yourselves this time.
Harvest crafting has made the game enjoyable, pls don't nerf
Those people who abused harvest got absolutely zero life. Actually, They complained not because harvest made the game easy but out of their boredom coz they streaming 1 game 24/7 and leeching money from the regular players, and some of them even received "gifts" in-game(it screams RMT for me if I see that) P.S. address those so-called gifts to the streamers.
Not actual crafting (harvest). Maybe a buff Gambling system would do(regular crafting methods) to make them more appealing!!!! coz as of right now I had to chaos spam 800c/alt spam on belt 300 alt wtf is that it's not crafting - it's Gambling!!!
I've been an SSF player long before SSF leagues were introduced, since trading in POE is the worts. Harvest and ritual were my absolute favorite leagues because i had something to aspire to: making awsome items. Stopped playing heist soon after reaching maps cause it felt so empty without harvest.
Like all other SSF players, I don't care about discords or what the trading elites were doing, I was just having a blast looking for my sacred groves.
Sadly all good things come to an end. I'm sure you are well aware it feels much worse to have something you liked be taken away then to have not received it at all in the first place. This is probably the most disappointing manifesto I've ever read
The irony is verily lost upon all of them at this point!

"
Rene_2706 wrote:
Do you guys don't exalt slam?

is this the new version of "you guys not have phones?"

"
Rene_2706 wrote:
Do you guys don't exalt slam?

is this the new version of "you guys not have phones?"

Lmfaoo
"
Lvzb3l wrote:
"
FazzDaud wrote:
I don't do crafting and I don't buy any godlike rare or have any attempt to. But most people here like to craft I guess. Making build to be more effective to grind more. Scale down the boss fight from 2min to 1sec if possible. It is their fun you know, I got nothing against it. I personally enjoy about 40 min of Sirus fight and gamble the last portal.

The way I see it is:
1. Cris don't want you guys to get 'ridiculous items' easily and somehow use discord to be more effective.
2. He is doing this before it's too late. It is for the long-term situation. Better to fix it now before POE2.
3. People are having fun with the current harvest and GGG decided to take away the fun. So, people are sad. Understandable.

Just my suggestion:
Do not entirely remove the modes stated. You can't just delete problems. Find a way to nerf those modes. If people still don't like it, perhaps they more prefer rushing their way towards their own end. You know, crafting the BEST possible item within FEW months. Idk, I don't do crafting.

Forgive me cause I'm bad at English.

Sincerely, how do you even know about all this topic if you just play in standard, are you for real?

I'm once a kid that play POE since 2013. The guy that farm Act 3 cause he can't do map lol. I'm not good at POE that is why I stick to standard. I do play Beastiary league on HC only.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info