Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

Stupid decision. Good bye, GGG. You will lose a lot of donates with ur [Removed by Support] move (not only from me). I'll looking for balanced games, [Removed by Support]
Last edited by Kane_GGG on Mar 11, 2021, 1:17:42 AM
With this harvest crafting system, I was curious if we could turn the seeds into something similar to the meta morph parts, and possibly unlock common unique seeds from story line Quests for leveling progression purposes.

Late/End game, just Random Tiers of seeds, unique seeds would be as rare as exalts ect. ( maybe Bound to account or even everyone in party gets it )

Was thinking this would be a great combination to be applied to Talismans
as you know from the previous leagues, Talismans always seemed kind of useless to a point when it comes to leveling, similar to essences.
( because of the fact there is too much reading involved when you first go to play the game, Quests,Items,Skill-Gems,Crafting ect)

But if you made a good quest story line, players would find these seeds/modifications/crafts more eye appealing and read more early game.

Which would result in the seeds from story line quests being used.
Would be even better if they could be used on talismans with Reduced bonuses.

Example Craft can be 10-20 fire resist...
Normally would have lets say 15 fire resist, but on talisman, it would give 7 or 8 fire resist.
so 50% reduced effect of added craft to talismans or something.

I honestly think this would be a great addition for new players just starting out, to make the game play more smooth.

So there not stuck trying to watch youtube videos and learning how to craft, and end up quitting because they can't figure things out.

If they had simple options as rewards from quests, it would certainly make things a little easier/quicker/better-experiance, and fun !

( If anyone has any thoughts or questions ) Message me :)
May not responde right away, but I will eventually !
Last edited by conetopia on Mar 11, 2021, 1:20:10 AM
''Overall, this is undoubtedly a heavy nerf to high-end Harvest Crafting, but we strongly believe that it is in Path of Exile's best interests going forward, and that there are still a lot of compelling Harvest crafts that make the grove worth running at any point in map progression.''

Yea, i've been playing this game for years as a casual. What this will do is simple. It will still allow high end traders and crafters to get mirror tier while nerfing everything into the ground for everyone else but especially the casuals. GGG being the [Removed by Support], increasing the gap between rich and poor so people keep trying to become rich while suffering in the meantime.

Harvest crafting was a mistake. But bringing a nerfed version back and then nerfing that version again was an even bigger mistake. [Removed by Support]
Last edited by Kane_GGG on Mar 11, 2021, 1:19:09 AM
Guess GGG hates closing the gap between the poor and the rich :pepelaugh:
My question is what is the point of this?

You have created a wonderful system that is Semi Deterministic in its ability to select from a list of prefixes or suffixes and alter items based on what you need. However this is still very pricey. in market today to buy a harvest craft, you are looking at 3 to 7 ex, per augment, or .5 to 1.5 per annul. this means that to make one item that is usable, you are looking at spending upwards of 50, 60, 70 exalts for an "end game" item. as of right now end game items are easier to buy. the fact that GGG is removing Harvest crafting from the game is eliminating a high tier of items that will appear in the game. this will affect everyone, as every item in the game will spike in price. Any half decent item will now be priced 20+ ex.

A better solution IMO would be to reduce the drop rate for these mods through harvest. it enables the high end of items to stay high end, but for mid tier items (20 to 40 ex sell) it now put a higher barrier for entry (which I dont even know why you would want to bar the average player from making use of a good system)

TL;DR : harvest crafting should stay in the game as it is now, with reduced drop rates, I think GGG is making a huge mistake by destroying their own mechanics
Doesn't go far enough. Still the best way to make too many items, still a system that values white bases over well rolled found items, still incentivized to go to a 3rd party app, still (likely) the most profitable thing to farm in SC Temp Trade leagues.

Off to SSF with me then. Do try not to muck that up, then I'd have to find a different game.
Not a fan of Harvest Nerfs whatsoever.

I'm generally for keeping the game challenging, I'm strongly against an Auction House-type trade system for example and believe trading is fine in PoE.

However Harvest added an extremely enjoyable crafting end game that really didn't exist for the vast majority (99%+) of players prior to Harvest. The traditional crafting methods are very clunky, and often boil down to either sniping good rares off the trade site and landing a lucky annul and/or exalt, or alt spamming for T1 mods and then using some combination of Beast Crafting to split/eternal orb your item and then hope to hit a lucky Regal/Exalt. This traditional method is fine for players who can play the video game for 10+ hours per day and amass hundreds upon hundreds of exalts per League, but for "average" players, this traditional method means you most likely won't achieve any GG items and will have to play the video game with subpar, mid-tier gear with little hope of upgrading.

Even with Harvest in it's current form, most players are not churning out GG 6x T1 items. I've played a ton of Ritual League, I've done a decent amount of Discord Harvest trading, and even still I only made a couple "top tier" items, and they're the easier ones (explode/crit chest). Many of the truly insane Harvest crafts come from gambling Remove/Add Influence Mod and hoping to get lucky, and these are extremely rare, and to purchase them they're relatively expensive (4-5+ exalt per attempt).

Harvest made me fall in love with crafting in PoE — prior to Harvest I often found the crafting process to be a nuisance, playing for hours so I could get a random rare and then hope to get a 1/120 chance on a lucky Exalt is not my idea of a good time.

Hopefully this change is reconsidered, as I believe the current form of Harvest is fairly well balanced and adds tremendous fun to the crafting system end game.
LOL GGG thought buying craft in discord is for free.
"
chelnov wrote:
Some people here who play the game have jobs, family and they want to play a game to have fun. The game already feels like having a second job to a lot of people with the endless grinding and hoping to find a decent item to progress through the game. Harvest added something that enables players to make their items better. People who don't have loads of exalts to "close their eyes and hope for a good outcome". So Harvest proved to be fun. So why take the fun away? We want to play the game to have fun. It's that simple. I guess it's time to return to reality where price fixers determine the market and play the game like our lives depend upon it.
Videogames are supposed to be fun. Remember?

+++
GGG are u blind??? Harvest is not the problem. The problem is in ur Australopithecus trading system, eternal lagging in maps when pack size become proper values, servers are bunch of shitwholes...
But who cares about it. We better read more moron comments from reddit and fix only mechanic that works properly. Just try to get red maps on HC with all those lags and crap gear obtained by alt spamming...
“All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy.”
so basically GGG wants only the super rich to be able to craft.. because they're the only ones who can do dozens of attempts.. [Removed by Support] They're FAR out of range of 99.99% of the playerbase

"Path of Exile's Item Philosophy
At its core, Path of Exile is a game about the acquisition of powerful items."

by any means necessary apparently.. and you know what that means.. and hi there support.. couldn't handle that eh?
generally dangerous
Last edited by philosoaper on Mar 11, 2021, 1:26:42 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info