Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

Whole manifesto gives vibe "Oh no, players are having fun! Unacceptable!". Just like certain trade manifesto.
LOL, so just another way to say that you made something stupid good and now you are going to nerf it. That seems to be the GGG motto.

P.S, create a button in my stash so I can delete all items in the current tab! [Removed by Support]
Last edited by Kane_GGG on Mar 11, 2021, 1:12:58 AM
"
Majesthion wrote:
F-ing discord group ruined Harvest for everyone. I neven joined that group and searched for specific crafts to upgrade my gear. It wasnt easy. I was looking for 8 hours everyday. It was nowhere near easy. Im still playing the league because of the Harvest. Harvest increased the playtime of the league for me. Now it will be reduced to 2 weeks again. Ty again discord abusers for ruining game for non-abusers.

I actually joined the server last week to see what people are talking about. and its not a bad thing honestly. you can't blame the discord server when the devs themselves refuse to add auction house and such. and you cant really call it abuse if the service per craft is not actually cheap (average 5ex per harvest from what I see).

this change is actually bad for noobs because the top players with hundreds of ex will still get good item, and the casuals will not. idk why the devs are trying to shift the blame to the discord server. some of their explanations from them here are also contradictory to each other.
CRINGE
So, GGG created a problem, refused to fix it and ultimately used it to nerf shit to the ground.
GGG on their own volition gave players 10s and 10s of crafts per grove while it was rather rare to find. It should not be surprising that people felt forced to make the most out of it. GGG implemented only 10 storage slots so players felt the need to use them only on most rare and valuable crafts. GGG refused to implement any reasonable trading system or in contrary prevent trading of crafts. GGG's unwillingness to address these issue resulted in another round of heavy handed nerfs. Most insulting of all is this manifesto trying to justifying them by using these very issues.

Anyway, Harvest was all good while it lasted. I have hit my first, and very likely the only, level 100 character in Ritual League. I crafted my first Explode chest, and definitely the last one. I finally dropped and used my first Awakener's orb in this league and did not feel bad about it.

I will take a break from PoE once 3.13 finishes. I have already made a decision not to support GGG any further in $ terms because of technical issues and never-ending stream of bugs that they are not willing or capable of squashing in their releases. This is just a confirmation of my decision.

I'm sure Ill be back at some point in the future to play more so here it is to hope GGG will have great new ideas and better luck in implementing them in this awesome game.

Last edited by Baron01 on Mar 11, 2021, 1:40:21 AM
GGG: Let's make mechanic that makes casual players to craft more instead trading! Also GGG: Lets kill craft
I have skipped harvest, but the current expansion and the harvest returning together made me return to the game.
Harvest alone made me able to actually stay away from trading more than i usually do and ignore the fact that i havent had a single big ticket item drop, and yet i was progressing, slowly upgrading my gear piece by piece and actually enjoying the game rather than wasting hours upon hours in my hideout.

Nerfing it will make players go back to the trade system that doesnt work along with a loot system everyone filters out 90% of.

Fossils nerfs made them allmost useless now, nobody really cares about delve anymore, except for a few deep delvers. And i feel like same thing will happen to harvest once these changes will take place.

These are just my toughts.
I'm amazed that you still don't understand the main problem with RNG: 99.99% of dropped gear is trash. The solution is very easy and it actually was implemented in Heist: let endgame drops (from bosses etc., maybe even from red maps) to have higher chance for better mods and tiers.
I have never replied to a development manifesto but I feel compelled to.

The game as it is in the current league feels so damn complete. For folks like myself who have to budget time for gaming, this league gave me the perfect recipe to target my time and make it not feel so...random.

Your point on RNG being part of the core philosophy of the game is understandable but it also feels misguided.

Let's dispense with the pretense and just acknowledge that not only has RNG not been a guiding factor in the games design it has also been purposely reduced. In the most recent expansion changes, being able to target specific mechanics in specific regions of the map is making mapping more deterministic. Allowing specific chase items and item affixes to dominate the end game is deterministic. Running X number of maps to engage with endgame content is deterministic (nerfed from being more RNG in the first iterations).

A lot of these deterministic systems were added because player feedback told you that RNG feels bad when you can't reliably access game content on a consistent basis.

So in spirit, you acknowledge that deterministic outcomes drive engagement and player retention.

So for a league which, by the numbers, show you how engaged and happy the general player base is, the right path is perhaps not to resort to what you consider to be the "right" direction based on what you consider the philosophies of your ideal game. Rather, maybe focus on the KYC aspect of what is keeping your player base engaged and playing your game and focus on enhancing the elements that keep your players playing, which at the moment appears to be leaning in favor of deterministic outcomes.

1st they nerfed Delve, now Harvest. And if to remember all the fun that was nerfed to the ground by GGG instead of adjusting it then I remember Satan's words about God's behavior in The Devil's Advocate

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info