Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

I haven't posted in many years. Haven't played in about two years, either, but that changed because of the Harvest addition. I'm writing to express my extreme dissatisfaction with this change.

I'm having a ton of fun crafting and spending far too much time on this game because of it. With this upcoming change, it simply won't feel valuable enough to keep trying.

I simply suggest making Harvest crafts cost the displayed value, and optionally adding a 3-day no-trade timer that gets incremented with each craft. The former keeps all but the richest doing Harvest endlessly without intermingling other content, and the latter keeps distributable mirror-tier gear from being created too quickly and kills the TFT trade system.

With the changes listed in this manifesto, TFT will undoubtedly continue and likely grow in popularity, as there will be a huge growth in need for other, less-deterministic crafts that still frankly beat exalt slamming. As for me in April, I'm definitely out again if this change goes through. Hauling gravel, sand, dirt and cement in 30C+ heat to build a patio, which I know I can build with enough time and effort, sounds a lot more fun and rewarding than this new system.
IGN: Fiona_Falconstrike, Geldar_the_Barbarian, Natalie_Fellshadow
"
Xystre wrote:
"
skynexion wrote:
"
These changes are very good for the game, the removal of the item editor will make poe stronger in the future.

stronger how?
back to meta game? when most of ppl play on strongest build by cheapiest price?
yeah. it's more stronger than possible player play with fun in game.
harvest is not item editor. try with harvest get 2 tier 1 tag modifier. example: tier 1 defence % energy shield and tier 1 defence flat energy shield. harvest will not help you with that.

Some people think that spaming alts then regal and slam ex's or spaming fossils is the pinnacle of design.

Pretty pathetic. It's a nerf to everyone but that discord, they will still have access to the crafts regardless but it fucks more casuals and solo players the most.

Yes I agree with you, the thing most closely resembling alt/ex spam would be a slot machine in Vegas.
This change will only help the ego-strokers who pride their mental fortitude in spending countless hours going through thousands of alts and exes.
Actually pretty happy about this.

Idk if the balancing will be right, idk if harvest should be completely destroyed, but I def think that the current state of crafting sucks, and it's just way to easy to force everything you want.

I liked the old school charm, awakener's orb/bestiary/fossiles was already a big thing, combined with metacrafting and whatnot.

Let's get some of that old school feeling back.
K
"
OWazabi wrote:

You mean, like....when items that dropped on the ground were actually good?
NICE! it's about time harvest got tweaked it's way too OP and ruining the game. TY GGG! <3
"
OWazabi wrote:

Idk if the balancing will be right, idk if harvest should be completely destroyed, but I def think that the current state of crafting sucks, and it's just way to easy to force everything you want.

I liked the old school charm, awakener's orb/bestiary/fossiles was already a big thing, combined with metacrafting and whatnot.

if they nerfed bestry, this wouldnt be a problem, disable imprinting.
MAKE LEFT CLICK GREAT AGAIN.
"
Nin10DoH wrote:
I rarely comment on this forum but this is the most out of touch decision GGG have ever done.

I am the same way and I agree completely.
I could use a longer break from the game, sure.
"
OWazabi wrote:

But wasn't the 'old school' method even more closer to gambling rather than crafting? It actually feels like crafting now because there's a very high chance or guaranteed pathways to actually craft what you want as the end result.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info