Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

Yes to all of this, indeed!

Like the reply here makes it clear, the whole ill-timed "exalted orbs" references in the original manifesto has broken the "crust of false calm" that was wallpapered over the "state of gameplay reality for the 95%" of players, and brought them all logging into their accounts to make their presence felt and known. I'm one of them, and glad to hear other people's voices of support and solidarity.

I'm so very glad, providence allowed those lines to come through the manifesto post, and now reality is out in plain view for all, in the open! Hahahaha!

"
bitskipper wrote:
"Why would I use a regular Exalted/Divine/Annul Orb when I can get one through Harvest that has a deterministic result?"

Why would anyone use a regular exalted orb at all? Pretty much nobody does that or wants to do that, we can't afford to take that kind of risk. You can take harvest away and I will just play less poe, I won't suddenly start no-lifing so I work for weeks to make one halfway decent item.

"We don't want to take away the feeling of closing your eyes and Exalting an item, scared to see whether you ruined it or not."

Take it away from who? Exalts are not even used for slamming new mods, not for anyone I know. Sorry that's living in a dream world. They are just a currency for purchasing expensive DETERMINISTIC meta bench crafts, period. That is your fault, and yes, harvest does make the 'primary' use of exalts look stupid, but it was already stupid, and you can't just make 99% of your playerbase start 'slamming exalts'by taking away the alternatives they can actually afford to use. That is some 'let them eat cake' level nonsense - we can't afford to use them! Period! raise the drop rate by 100x if you want me to start slamming exalts....
"
ErulissePoE wrote:
If 150 pages of "GGG STOP" isn't enough, I don't know what is.

will be enough is stop playing and stop buy support packs. maybe this way open GGG eye's.
Righteous Fire forever.
"
really glad Harvest mechanics getting nerf, would love for Harvest to be removed from game, this is mostly because of the discord channel who monopolize the harvest crafts and do RMT from it.

I can understand your point but removing harvest actually just ensures that the tft guys who have already made 6 white link triple elevated explodie chests and all the other god tier items are now set for years and years making RMT bank from mirror services.
If you can't handle the truth, just delete the forum post - Precious Flower
"
skynexion wrote:
"
These changes are very good for the game, the removal of the item editor will make poe stronger in the future.

stronger how?
back to meta game? when most of ppl play on strongest build by cheapiest price?
yeah. it's more stronger than possible player play with fun in game.
harvest is not item editor. try with harvest get 2 tier 1 tag modifier. example: tier 1 defence % energy shield and tier 1 defence flat energy shield. harvest will not help you with that.

Some people think that spaming alts then regal and slam ex's or spaming fossils is the pinnacle of design.

Pretty pathetic. It's a nerf to everyone but that discord, they will still have access to the crafts regardless but it fucks more casuals and solo players the most.
"Parade your victories, hide your defeats. Mortals are so insecure."

Once you break the cycle of fear no angels or demons can whisper you their sweet nothing words.

Retired since crucible.(Not a free tester anymore for a multi billion dollar company).
"
ErulissePoE wrote:

Gotta keep it coming to 1000+ pages so they get the point that players actually ENJOY this league and current harvest mechanics.

I'd actually wish they remove the harvest passives on atlas and replace it with ritual passives and lower harvest spawn rate a little.

It would make harvest just a generally occurring mechanic across all maps, still worth if you found one.
I rarely comment on this forum but this is the most out of touch decision GGG have ever done.
GGG you dont have a "crafting system" its a "gambling system"

Harvest crafting allowed players like me, who doesn't have 500+ people paying me a wage to play PoE 18 hours a day, a chance to play (even if its only for a short time to play) some of these "mirror tier builds" and I say chance because you still need to get the base with the right influence or force the influence using other mechanics or an awakener orb. Like the double influenced gear that every streamer and every 200 ex item seems to have. I need an awakener orb. but I cant kill Sirus, because my gear isnt good enough and I cant do maps quick enough to get multiple exalted orb drops because my gear isnt good enough to breeze through higher tier maps. Oh and then I had to spend 3 hours messaging 37 people to change my 1 exalt into 100 chaos because no one could be bothered to trade with me, I wish there was a magical system that would let me trade both buying and selling without the need for me to wait around and beg 100 people to take time away from them playing to help me enjoy my playing...

but wait. I forgot the "close my eyes and use the exalted orb to improve my gear" crafting method that was really exciting in 1996 when I was 5 and didnt have a job and the 49 hours it took me to get that 1 exalted orb was inconsequential..... HERES HOPING

I got "3 physical damage reflected to melee attackers" I play a ranged build. maybe next week I can try again. I feel demoralized, sad, and like I'm wasting my time... oh and my wrist hurts because I tried to make my 5-Link chest a 6-Link that isnt a tabula and isnt corrupted because I got lucky and got a drop with decent rolls and I ended up clicking my orb of fusings 1136 times. its not a 6-Link and now its not a 5-Link its a 4-Link

I am SOOOO SOOOO glad this is what you, GGG, thinks is the IDEAL BALANCED system is.
Maybe it isn't. Seeing the behaviour of mods in the replies makes me very, very cynical, if any of these real and honest/unfiltered feedback, will ever reach the ears and eyes of the "bosses" and the infamous "design team"!

"
ErulissePoE wrote:
GGG, if you want ppl to use so random and useless orbs like exalted and annul orbs you definately not need remove harvest influence crafts, but do for influenced items craft like harvest touched modifier(veiled type) and its shows up(or removed) if you use exalted(annul) orb on it. It will make annul orb usable and very powerful, reduces value of craft( you should use annul and exalted for it) and not break harvest into abyss.
I have accumulated 4500 hours
I also have Lv100 character
And yet where's my mirror worthy items?

I still call myself a casual, and unless 50% of the playerbase are at the top streamers level this is a very stupid change. You'd thought GGG would have learned since the past few years but apparently not. You don't even play your own game, so much for "1000 hours of experience". This is the year 2021, [Removed by Support]
Last edited by Kane_GGG on Mar 11, 2021, 1:03:40 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info