Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

So GGG decided, that they will massacre harvest crafting by telling us then just nerfing it? I understand that harvest crafting is powerfull, but still you should've look for better ways to balance it than this type of bs.
"
This sentiment was summed up by a member of our design team who recently said "We don't want to take away the feeling of closing your eyes and Exalting an item, scared to see whether you ruined it or not."

Second comment just to remark on this.

Whoever said this should not have any influence on any design choices ever again. They're some combination of lunatic and moron. Including this line in the manifesto is astonishing. I seriously doubt this individual plays the game at all.

The amount of players who consider slamming items with exalts is insignificant and the players who do it often probably number in the hundreds. Why on earth would you cater to them?
"
BFGjstVnQr wrote:
"
Yeah, I'm probably never going to play in league again now.

Well there are a few choices. Play in league for a week, get 12/12 or 24/24 and then go play in standard where you actually have gear, can play to enjoy and have fun doing endgame content. You could also continue to play league i guess........ knowing you'll never actually have good enough gear to play any of the new content in any fun way.

Or, if you have a job, resign and move back home and play poe 12 hours a day, start streaming. Then you'll be able to close your eyes and exalt gear and be able to play new league end game content like the other 1%.

I feel a bit better to know there are legions of us who feel this way.

I've played POE for 5 years and have never had a raw drop worth uber money until this league where i dropped a double hatred watchers eye, that i sold for 140ex.

That's 5 whole years of grinding and just nickel and diming my way to completing a semi-decent build that still pales in comparison to the no-lifers playing the same exact build.
These changes are very good for the game, the removal of the item editor will make poe stronger in the future.
So all you really end up having is playing the economy, and plowing maps. And if you want to get anywhere on your character, you are better off mowing monsters down like weeds and just collecting pennies of the ground as fast as possible than any meaningful item hunting.
worst change, possibly ever
Harvest is the only reason I kept playing. Shouldn't have bout Harvest supporter pack and should have waited on D2 Resurrected.
>:(
"
These changes are very good for the game, the removal of the item editor will make poe stronger in the future.

stronger how?
back to meta game? when most of ppl play on strongest build by cheapiest price?
yeah. it's more stronger than possible player play with fun in game.
harvest is not item editor. try with harvest get 2 tier 1 tag modifier. example: tier 1 defence % energy shield and tier 1 defence flat energy shield. harvest will not help you with that.
Righteous Fire forever.
"
ErulissePoE wrote:
If 150 pages of "GGG STOP" isn't enough, I don't know what is.
I don't do crafting and I don't buy any godlike rare or have any attempt to. But most people here like to craft I guess. Making build to be more effective to grind more. Scale down the boss fight from 2min to 1sec if possible. It is their fun you know, I got nothing against it. I personally enjoy about 40 min of Sirus fight and gamble the last portal.

The way I see it is:
1. Cris don't want you guys to get 'ridiculous items' easily and somehow use discord to be more effective.
2. He is doing this before it's too late. It is for the long-term situation. Better to fix it now before POE2.
3. People are having fun with the current harvest and GGG decided to take away the fun. So, people are sad. Understandable.

Just my suggestion:
Do not entirely remove the modes stated. You can't just delete problems. Find a way to nerf those modes. If people still don't like it, perhaps they more prefer rushing their way towards their own end. You know, crafting the BEST possible item within FEW months. Idk, I don't do crafting.

Forgive me cause I'm bad at English.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info