Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

If you are going to do this might as well remove it.
Obviously we plebs shouldn't be sharing the space with the rarified crowd, you know.

"
Lynthis wrote:
Are you serious?
The same as with the initial harvest & synthesis league?
Those discord "teams" already HAVE crafted the most valuable items, offering them for mirror service, partly for real money trade. With this change the rest of the Players loosd their chance to craft something equal for the same invest and are forced to pay the prices of These mirror Service Teams if they want to keep up. this change is just strengthening of their market position.
Saving their position by removing the chance for potential competitors.
RIP
as a coming back player (ON CONSOLE) that only has about 2 hours a day of play time and didn't know about harvest until 2 weeks ago when i started playing again after not having played in 1-2 years or so because of the crafting difficulty and actually being able to get what you/i need/want and how overwhelming the crafting system is.

harvest finally gave me the chance to make my build the way i want and actually craft it myself with the feeling of actually being able to make myself a decent item + sense of progression and completion when actually succeeding, instead of paying someone 100-200 exalts for the crafted item i need/want and feel bad about spending so much when it can take me 1 week to drop 1 exalt!

i only have 20ex, which took more than a few weeks to get!
so i can't buy anything decent on console and thus not progress!

harvest got me into crafting right away and i bet a lot of other casual and new beginning players as well!

harvest took away the overwhelming part of crafting in POE for the new and casual and made it more clear on which way to go in crafting and what to do in every step of the way.

it can still take you 20-30 anull/ex crafts to actually get the line you need/want.. and that's just 1 line.. please think about how much grinding that is for a casual player and how much time it takes!

even if the trading crafts with other players is somewhat shady and prone to scams the way it is right now, the trading on console has never been more alive because of harvest crafts and the way the work now!

just implement a harvest craft trading system.. like bestiary orbs.. improve on the subject, don't destroy it!

i've also never seen so many people online, constantly playing your game, because of harvest and how it takes away a big part of the randomness and overwhelming part in crafting..

harvest also

because of harvest, i got my gaming buddy back into POE as well and both bought supporter packs because we were actually liking the game again, A LOT!

doesn't more people playing, liking your game and advertising your game to others mean you get more money out of it?

i can assure you, if you implement this nerf, you will lose a lot of your casual players and thus a lot of money!

i've already seen ppl talking about getting refunds on all their MTX's.. if this is actually possible.. you're going to take a really, really hard hit on this one!

Please, really listen to your community this time and DON'T DO THIS NERF!

you will hurt the 99% like the lockdowns are killing off all the businesses in every country all over the world!
Last edited by Graas Hoppa on Mar 10, 2021, 11:44:45 PM
"
The first part of this that concerned us was that Harvest was critical in making the best items (and hence made many other game systems obsolete)

do you even fucking play your game dear ggg ????

those old systems are usless for 3 or mor years.. multimod craft in mind..

even so with harvest we spam chaos orb or essences to get our mods. then we contiune with harvest. and then with discord
bcs we dont find that much of valuable crafts to craft out items.

now you pull and push your playerbase to its fkn limit by anger you cant even imagine. there will be much more hate on this than you ever wanted.

you can do those kinds of preparations nerfs bs on your poe 2 until its not released yet. but for fuck sake leave this as it is.

god i hate this game, every time player finds some good build and gets on crafting and then you just cut the feeder off. or ruin fun completly.

time goes by, there can be better games out by now. cant wait the nerf and take step out from poe for good.
fk archnemesis.

Ridiculous, unreasonable and deserves to be laughed at.
Harvest is the best part of the game, we want to make top gear and buy mtx to put on it.

We do not need less Harvest - We Need MORE !!!!
And it is not easy at all - those crafts are not easy to get.
I play 4 hours a day, crafted watch stones for harvest only, and still I have to be very very lucky to get the aug - add/remove - annul crafts that I need.
Not to mention the remove influence / add influence that I have not seen at all.

It was bullshit only to let us store 10 crafts.
It was bullshit not to let us trade seeds.
And now you f............. - make it impossible to make great gear ?

How about you give us more HAREST - And then introduce new content that make Harvest less attractive ?
Where in the world is it creative to give people lesser opportunities ?
What company can sustain giving their customers less ?

sure - the "succesful" players want a nerf, they alredy have their gear and want to make me bleed 300-500 exalts in a fee for mirroring their items.

This is a terrible decision, to go along with the previous strings of terrible decisions you've made. Please take your gold plated lambo you got with your chinese money and retire - you really don't know what the player base wants.
Great. Now I can go back to grinding out 100s of chaos orbs two at a time so I can buy one piece of gear off of someone making 1000s from their sale bot. Way to cater to only the top 1%. You disgust me. Just remove harvest entirely and don't bother making any more leagues that might stop us peasants from having to buy everything from those elites.
Yes.

"
BloodMoo wrote:
If you are going to do this might as well remove it.
My 2 cents on this is while I don't like the idea of them nerfing it this way maybe because next league (possibly) is supposed to be a crafting league they needed to bring down harvest to balance out the next leagues mechanics.

I do think they should of stopped player trading of harvest crafts IE add a timer to traded items for like an hour for harvest crafting.

I mainly farmed a few crafts myself to craft my own endgame gear however you make more money selling the crafts you get then buying other crafts from people;

TDLR: remove the trading aspect = work hard for good items. It'll bring up player retention exponentially because they will keep playing the league to get to their endgame goals.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info