Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

Overall, amazingly, breath-takingly, mind-shatteringly.. stupid changes. These changes will just make it harder for the average, casual player to get their end-game gear by the end of the league. As difficulty increases, and more content is slammed into the game, progressing to or through that difficult content should not be made even harder for the casual player. These changes do not address the ONLY real issue with harvest crafting (that being the fact that you can't trade them without a discord), and only serves to hinder players who don't dedicate the hours of a full time job to playing the game.

The biggest problem with harvest is that you force people to use discords like TfT. The solution is simple. It already exists for beast league.

Absolutely nothing proposed in the original post is a "buff" to harvest, or anything even close to making things more accessible or "less overwhelming" to players. Cadiro is a joke to most players, a meme. Hell, half the people use his coins to buy wisdom scrolls, not the junk he typically sells. Increasing harvest spawn rate in maps, but making the crafts absolutely useless for end-tier equipment (influenced items) is going to make it into the exact same thing... bloated content that no one cares about.

The people that spend 8+ hours a day playing the game will still get their godly gear, the people that don't will struggle to deal with content that was balanced around the people playing 10+ hours a day with godly gear.

Not that any of this really matters.. after all, you made a statement, not a request for feedback. Nothing we say matters, unless we vote with our wallets. Even then? Eh.
Last edited by Icariusfallen on Mar 10, 2021, 9:46:46 PM
I really dont understand how GGG team thinks, people are duping items left and right and getting thousands of exalts to RMT with it, that shit was never solved, also, harvest is really rare to encounter in map and getting good crafts thats worth anything are even more rare, how in 7 hells did you think its op?, and before you complain about 3rd party like TFT discord, make your own in-game AH so players dont have to go to 3rd party sites, are you like out of ideas? hire me ill give you some lol.

"
Your item editor comment is just cringe btw.

Do you really not understand it's a fucking item editor are some of you that dense to the point where you can't understand it or something?

ROFL w/e it's not coming back and nothing you do will change it.[/quote]No need to be so rude, your item editor comment is cringe.[/quote]

man, this troll has been leaving same provocating message like "just git gut item editor delete haha" past 80 pages.

Just report troll and ignore.
Last edited by kostyaq on Mar 10, 2021, 9:47:56 PM
The limitation on influence item is yes I aggre need to be nerf,influence item is end game chase,it need to be more time consuming need to be harder to get a perfect influence item.

but deterministic craft in normal item is fine just let the 99% have at least proper T1-T2 life without "getting fkd" on process aka "yolo annul" for most player the facts that you get fuckd gear after fail yolo annul is disheartening.

I used to loved harvest back in the days,but now I hate it,I hate when I must slow down my tempo while mapping when I dont actually want to be bother with harvest,but I can't ignored it make me feel like I got obligation to do it and after that I need to sell it too.

but no matter how I hate it harvest now,I think you nerf it way too hard this time,this is so classic GGG moves to make any past league mechanic to be a "filler"

just like the dude commenting above me sez I aggre if harvest just removed completely.

so 99% we going back to stone age craft again bois!Tala Moana!!
Let's just say the last time I REALLY enjoyed this game, in my 7 years of playing it, was during Harvest league.

I played one week of Heist because the lack of Harvest made the game get boring quickly for me.

Got super excited for Ritual because Harvest was making a comeback. Ended up quitting the league after a couple weeks because I didn't want to rely on TFT or Zana/Atlas Harvest grinding.

This further nerfing of Harvest isn't motivating me to want to play future leagues. Giving me a taste of something super fun and then killing it just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Who cares if many people were able to obtain the best endgame rare gear within a short amount of time. That's why leagues are only a few months duration, and that's what ultimately brought overall endgame prices down within reach of more casual players.

So sadd that this really might be the end of PoE for me after over 4600 hours put into it. =(
IGN: XaultD
this is the worst manifesto ive read. rip harvest. rip fun. rip poe.
Last edited by LuigiRocks on Mar 10, 2021, 9:48:36 PM
So... This makes harvest almost completely worthless. But it's great that we'll get it more often.

Harvest is (soon to be was) an excellent equalizer. With patience and planning, certain high end gear could be acquired by players who didn't have thousands of exalts thanks to item flipping. It made the game fun again, because items were a somewhat creative endeavor, and could be "found" piecemeal if someone knew what bases to look for, and what crafts to collect.

Because the "pick up half a million rares" or "spam half a million chaos orbs" was never fun nor rewarding.

I'm sorry you backed yourselves into a corner by introducing a fun, albeit exceedingly rare, mechanic to the game, but taking away everything that makes it rewarding is a really shitty solution.
Instead of fking harvest completley so its not even worth to do. U could have changed it around so its not as op anymore but u would still farm it now its just another mechanic i wont bother doing because its just a waste of time like so many other mechanics in the game.
"
ebrl wrote:
Congratulations, trade league players abusing the system over discord: these nerfs are on you.

Also, GGG: you are cowards. There wasn't a problem with harvest, there is a problem with trading. You just killed a balanced system that made SSF a lot more enjoyable because you don't have the balls to actually fix the problems with trading being far more powerful than playing in trade leagues (the entire "farm currency to buy gear" cycle instead of engaging with content).

+1
ign: PhaseCharge
KEKW, this must be a joke. Right Chris? Its not 1st april man. Its a joke, right? Please, tell me its a joke. Path of reddit LMAO.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info