Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

These changes are terrible.
After reading manifesto I feel like there is an assumption that 50% of player base is running mirror tier items all over the place on 6 characters each.
I'd like to get some real data on real mirror tier items in the game right now
as not every 6x T1 affix item is mirror worth already imo)

I agree with point that sitting in discord for more than actually playing the game is wrong but maybe there are easier ways to limit Harvest's crafting potential. Let's say make harvest outcomes non-tradeable at all + items modified by it also 'soulbound' to account?

That would give chance anyone to create items, but for own purposes, not sitting 24/7 in trade groups/forums searching for crafts to buy. Still to get all crafts you really need would require a lot of grind but at least we could still call it crafting ... and not gambling like in case of chaos/exalts/alteration/augmentation slams. Also that would give possibilities to enjoy time and keep fun by trying different builds over the span of a league.

I'm just casual player who never traded any Harvests outcomes and had much fun&satisfaction creating my own stuff (not mirror tiers :D) and idea above is just first one out of a few which came to mind already how to modify Harvest.
Proposed changes may push casual players to trade even more as they will have to buy such items without real possibility to craft themselves as they're not spending as much time as top 1% who will create mirror tier items anyway and offer mirror service for outragous prices :)
I compleatly agree on this nerfs. While crafting most powerfull items was fun, i really dont want to go to discord trying to buy or sell these crafts. It's so annoing but at the same time its nessecity. And whats more i dont want exalts to feel useless. We trade for them and stuff but have anyone used them this league? Multicraft is garbage with harvest craft as well as using them on items. They are just piling in your stash with no reason.
My suggestion that I just came up with really fast, probably very flawed in many aspects, but can get some polishing.

Keep harvest exactly as it is, but make the mods weaker. A mod augmented, or changed by harvest is "defective", rolling, for example, to a max of t3. Influenced mods, like explode, can only roll to 1% instead of 3. Of course, no one wants to stay with a weak item.

How to fix Them? 2 Birds with one stone. Oshabi has a new Orb that fixes the broken harvest mod. That way, it adds value to the now useless grove encounter, keeps the deterministic aspect of crafting, and when you grind/collect enough currency, you can fix your items with oshabi orb.

This might be extremely flawed in some way, open to suggestions of course, but I think that with some polishing it could be great!
Changes need to be made, but it needs to be around the ability to store crafts. The Majority of the players don't want this, listen to your players instead of balancing for the .01%
Typical :( Harvest will be nearly useless.

from: Why would I use a regular Exalted/Divine/Annul Orb if I have Harvest?
to: Why would I seek for Harvest if I have Exalted/Divine/Annul Orb?

At least consider to increase size of Horticrafting stations to 100 to keep more of these remaining "useful" mods...In any case, it would not be too different from crafting using fossils.

Big oof.
Personally I'd much rather see a solution that instead adresses the discord problem, to make crafts tradeable like beasts but with a much higher cost than 1 chaos, alongside further nerfs in rarity for the strong crafts as needed.
Best changes possible.

Zero impact on the casual player. Huge nerf to people like me that "get" Harvest.

Closing the gap between players is a huge improvement and this will do it.
Le Toucan Will Return
You’re no better then blizzard
"
"
Daehak wrote:
"
No it's your entitlement......
You're entitled to your wrong opinion [Removed by Support]

[Removed by Support]

Do you really not understand it's a fucking item editor or are you as dense as me , I can't understand it or something?

it's not coming back and nothing you do will change it.
No need to be so rude about your incorrect opinion [Removed by Support].
Last edited by _Legacies on Mar 10, 2021, 11:39:28 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info