Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

"
Mitsux wrote:
You know that the dev's have made consistent bad choices without taking the opinion of the community into account, considering the entire net value of GGG has been overcome twice by a game like Genshin Impact in it's first 6 months of release.

A thousand more pages won't convince them to make their game better, only not playing it will.

Did you really just imply that P2W garbage like Genshin Impact is better than PoE because it makes more money?
Hey. I understand you guys want to make the game hard, but your "philosophy" it's worse than Karl Marx.

To craft a single top endgame item, you spend 20M~120M of chaos.* This cost is absolutely ludicrous. Where's your sense of proportion?

I don't tried endgame items - don't found a good base on ps4 to try it, but I spent ~200 Zanas to craft a single large cluster jewel.

With harvest the game is already too hard to get items (on console), and without it, seems to be just impossible.

Is perfectly fine to players always surprise the devs. Don't guys already have heard of speedrunners?

PoE is not a game of skill like dark souls. Is a game of math. And you guys are just cheating.

Why don't be just creative? Like add some bounty hunters on the game based on how many double influenced items the player have, or something.

The only thing you're doing is make the game boring for casuals... Or it's just a strategy to nerf hard the game in every aspect and then buff immeasurably when the next diablo will be released?

*Based on craft of exile
Your post in the 'X' thread has been removed for breaching the following clauses of the Code of Conduct:

● Needlessly negative
● Antagonistic
This ridiculous notion that you have to GAMBLE for mods on an item instead of having a way to ACTUALLY work towards the item you want is bad.

I am far from a casual player but I am not a top tier player by any stretch. I play multiple hours per day 5+ days per week. I want to feel progress and the ability to upgrade my equipment as I play the game. I don't want to play for hours to then play a slot machine to HOPE I get lucky. Thousands and Thousands of hours playing since open beta and still have never seen a mirror drop, Nor do I get tons of these crafts, but the entire goal of the game is to chase power and items, If you turn it into nothing but a slot machine it will not increase my enjoyment of the game but will turn me off of it.

This will not stop insane crafts from the top tier people all it will do is further the divide from the top tier people and those who play for fun and want to try and progress.

very dissapointed in the direction you are taking things.

You have a phenomenal game, but constantly break it or cripple it by forcing the use of 3rd party systems, trade sites, discord, trading tools, overlays, and generally making it unfun to actually play the game normally.

As usual, Fun was detected and had to be removed.

I have a suggestion: How about you fix the atrocious performance of the engine, instead of shadow nerfing drops and crafts mid-league and now this...

It's honestly ridiculous where your priorities are
I've read more than 100 pages of comments, and there is like 5% of people saying its good change.

And, there is like 2-3 trolls trying to trigger honest people, that have wrote long deep comments about their opinion, vision of the game and reaction to the manifesto.

Congratulations, trade league players abusing the system over discord: these nerfs are on you.

Also, GGG: you are cowards. There wasn't a problem with harvest, there is a problem with trading. You just killed a balanced system that made SSF a lot more enjoyable because you don't have the balls to actually fix the problems with trading being far more powerful than playing in trade leagues (the entire "farm currency to buy gear" cycle instead of engaging with content).
How terribly out of touch this entire Manifesto was.
Shocking, the ability to modify any item for free is overpowered. Harvest was broken, is broken, and will stay broken unless it has a resource cost of anything for the kind of power it has.
Unfortunately I have to agree, these nerfs to Harvest are dumb. Harvest was the most fun I have ever had in Path of Exile, and I have played for around 400 hours now. I think the developers think that Harvest made the game too easy, but I have to blatantly disagree. This game is very complicated and difficult, and punishing for new players because crafting a good item is not clear in the slightest. With Harvest, it opened many doors for people to try to make their build decent. Decent, not op. These crafts in Harvest are still multiple exalts each, and to many casual players that is already too much. And now, these players that make up 99% of the player base have no option other than RNG. Sure gambling can be very entertaining, and potentially rewarding, but some people prefer to have a safe option. I like to be able to experience what Path has to offer, and that is essentially unobtainable. I do not have enough time each league to spend hundreds of hours to get nice items, and it seems like the developers want to make everything more grindy and difficult. I want to be able to aim for killing the Elder or killing the Awakener, but it's out of my reach since it takes time to get a build capable of doing that.
Ay, just another reason to quit the game. If the devs don't value player's time, then I certainly don't want to waste it on a game designed to pad playtime while providing little to play for. Really is fun to spend 40ex and still have bad items. Thanks for nothing GGG, good to know your core philosophy is to waste as much of a player's time as humanly possible for them to make 0 progress.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info