Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

You can just delete Harvest from HC, so everyone who wants true HC goes to HC, like it's meant to be.

Let SoftCore play soft, all tryharders can migrate to HardCore.
BUMMER!

I had made my peace in 3.12 that harvest was just not gonna be in the core game. But I've loved Harvest in 3/13, especially with the Atlas passives.

I agree that high-level deterministic crafting is too easy. I felt that power in Harvest league, and it felt too broken that someone with my casual playstyle could access a 20-exalt chest piece for a mere few chaos as I played the game normally.

On the other hand... crafting needs to have some balance between deterministic and total RNG. Essences and fossils seem to meet this balance. And even unlocking bench crafts require some degree of RNG with the Syndicate, or gates in the Mines or with Prophecy chains... but the feeling with bench crafts is that you'll unlock them all if you just play enough.

I'd love to see the value of deterministic crafting mitigated more by definitive investment or a stabilizing, flat cost. Kinda like the Bench crafts for Sockets and Links. I love that [assuming I unlock the recipe] I can just spend 300 Jeweller's Orbs to get 6 sockets and another 1500 Fusings to 6-socket it. It's not cheap -- usually more expensive than RNG/spamming it -- but for the less risk-tolerant, or for those who want to grind toward something that's a sure bet, it's wonderful.

If it's the cost/benefit of the rush of spending an Exalt to get a good mod or a crappy mod, couldn't you just make a deterministic crafting bench option that cost multiple Exalt? At least then, players could have something reliable to work towards... do oyu want to get 10 Exalts to buy something or to add that one craft to your item? Either way, you know you need 10. And it would still require deep knowledge of the game, tags, and mod-blocking to achieve such a desired result.

I think that for solo self-found, solo gamers in general, and more casual players or players who have limited amounts of time to invest in the game, some sort of deterministic crafting -- even if it's only late-game -- is beneficial.

Like, you want a 6-link Crusader Explody Chest? YOU CAN MAKE IT... but it still might be cheaper to just buy it.
Honestly even after sitting back and re-evaluating this decision I still think it's a terrible move. I had time today to play and I couldn't even find the will play. Did maybe 2 or 3 maps and stopped. I would actually like to see the statistics on the amount of mirror tier items and who crafted them. Cause I'd bet that its the same few people that are always at the top. I honestly do not think I would be anywhere close to where I got this league if it wasn't for being able to craft my own gear with harvest (and the motivation/excitement of finding a harvest and attempting to craft something good). I think I probably would have stopped after a week or so and not even gotten a full conq rotation.
Path of Exile 3.14: Mirror Service League

[Removed by Support]
Last edited by Will_GGG on Mar 10, 2021, 9:20:50 PM
"
seedmole wrote:
Great change, league got stale AF as soon as i started printing my own gear at will. This game is about randomness and the chase, not following crafting recipes like you're throwing frog guts into a cauldron. And people will still find the highest probability methods for targeting each important mod in each slot, not much will change except that it'll take longer before we end up with maxed out BIS gear, which is good because that was what made me stop playing. Not running out of characters to make, or challenges to complete... but running out of gear to try to make after like 5 weeks is what led to me finally not logging in for the first day since league start.

where is your so called printed gear i dont see a single character with mirror gear inn league.
Guys .. if you can't take the bar and it doesn't match what you want for the game ... remove. we have already lived dozens of Seasons without Harvest and one of them right after the Season itself ... You don't need to prove to us that you can implement this mechanic in the game. Move on...

At least you posted the destruction of Harvest in advance of the next league launch, going by your established deceitful and spiteful nature i'd have, based on past actions, expected the harvest destruction as part of the nerf notes, giving only a few days notice before launch.

Anyways...
I just got 5 guys from work interested in signing up for next month with the new league. 3 had played before but said the game was shit but i swore to them that it had got better, Now I am going to have to tell them they were right and to not bother with next month. THANKFULLY they had not got their supporter packs and stash tabs.

Its sad that 200, 300? of the top 1% players got to dupe, split and print 6 link white bases and then had fun crafting hundreds or thousands of god tier items, only to have forever ruined the game for the rest of us.

[Removed by Support]
0 drop gang - https://i.imgur.com/UQNCeSd.png

<a href="https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3069670">11-Mar-2021 - The day Poe destroyed Harvest, the day poe officially died</a>
Last edited by Will_GGG on Mar 10, 2021, 9:28:51 PM
GGG nerf's things that gives non hardcore gamers fun in the game. I havent fully learned how to harvest craft but now GGG wants to nerf it because people outside of the 1% elite get to create good items.
Anybody who thinks getting perfect rare items is 'easy' is deluded. With or without TFT it still takes many many crafts and loads of currency/time to make truly special items.[Removed by Support] Unless they are adding some secret new deterministic crafting in 3.14 [Removed by Support]. The number of anti-sense and anti-player things they have done and continue to do be it trade, monster damage, bugs etc. has been increasing steadily for some time now and this is just the final straw.

TL;DR - Fun detected. [Removed by Support]
Last edited by Will_GGG on Mar 10, 2021, 9:26:13 PM
I probably do agree that making perfect, top-tier items shouldn't be something that Harvest can do. This means the loss of the type-specific divine crafting is in the right direction. You want to maintain the controversial status-quo of RNG crafting with exalts and company for the perfect top-tier items. That is fine, do that. Just don't remove any other crafting options from Harvest, limit the results. You don't want influenced mods to be rolled with Harvest, beyond the intended craft? Remove them from the possible pool. You don't want top-tier mods to be deterministically crafted onto the item? Remove them from the possible pool. The goal is controlled improvement of existing items, not for it to the sole path to end-game items. It would also be a tool that other crafting options would use to fix a mistake or finish off an item with acceptable, but not top-tier, mods.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info