Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

"
pcfd wrote:
"
Krayken wrote:
"
ClassePraCRL wrote:
HAHAHAA, says someone that started playing this game 8 years ago, have 6k+ comments on the forum, have more than 40 different chars and spent a large $ on this game... you did nothing but troll all time until now my dude... that narrative is old.

Yeah all that experience in the game and i totally agree with the harvest nerf. This league i created like 3-4 very overpowered harvest items and i won't miss them next league.

I've known the game for years before harvest was implemented and it was just fine. Getting good items was doable. Just don't rely on these absolutely op items and you'll be fine. I don't need them to have a successful character. Do you?

How is it so hard to accept that some peoples actually agree with the harvest nerf and thinks it benefits the game in the long term?

"Damn this guy on the internet doesn't agree with me".

I sure as hell enjoy those 100 pages of tears.

sure if you enjoy play cylsone all the time with 5 more meta builds or copy build form other and always use headhunter. but is it fun ? with hh you can ran anything thats item should be nefed.

Havent played cyclone in many leagues and only used HH once, in legacy league.
"
astrartea wrote:
"
girng wrote:
"
desul1 wrote:
Congratz with killing the craft btw.
PoE never had a crafting system to begin with, only a literal gambling pachinko machine. I dont support loot boxes and will not support the gamble simulator which 3.14 will become.

Out of touch with community as is.

Augmentation, regal, and transmute orbs nullify your point.

Try again.

Augmentation, regal and transmute literally prove his point that there's no crafting but gambling. What are you talking about?

You can isolate certain mods with those orbs. That's not gambling at all lol.

Herp derp
"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019

"It looks like we broke something with 3.10.0. We don't know what it is yet." - Bex, March 16th, 2020
Last edited by girng on Mar 10, 2021, 8:57:33 PM
Well, that sucks
As a casual player, this really sucks. :(
"
Just think of the enjoyment you can feel when you exalt your own items and learn to get good without the item editor.

you so proud of yourself, big ego.

It'll be such pleasure to see ur reaction when Chris realises that this is bad change. :)

harvest x10, don't you like? <3
"
kostyaq wrote:
"
Just think of the enjoyment you can feel when you exalt your own items and learn to get good without the item editor.

you so proud of yourself, big ego.

It'll be such pleasure to see ur reaction when Chris realises that this is bad change. :)

harvest x10, don't you like? <3

"When Chris realizes"

You mean when you and the tears of reddit overflow the brains of the devs?

"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019

"It looks like we broke something with 3.10.0. We don't know what it is yet." - Bex, March 16th, 2020
Last edited by girng on Mar 10, 2021, 9:00:35 PM
You might as well just make this game accessible only for those who have nothing else to do but to play this game all day, they are the only ones enjoying the game to it's fullest.

Changes introduced to the game in this league, were the reason I managed to reach far too deep into the Atlas and other mechanics available, more than never before, laugh at me if you want but I finally made it to red maps (beefy ones), almost completed the Heist story part of it, understood at a certain degree how crafting works, managed to make enough currency to achieve a 100+ exalt build (lol) and all because of Harvest, a feature that gave me the chance as a filthy casual, to finally enjoy actual end game stuff.

I don't see myself playing the game anymore, I ain't gonna cry and call you names, it's your game and you can do whatever you want with it. Just keep in mind, that this game is played by a majority of casuals. A lot of games, that PoE hardcore fans deem as "casual af" will be available soon and most of us will be putting our money there.

Alienating potential costumers with this level of poor decisions, are no good for any business.
"When we were designing Path of Exile, a critical aspect of item acquisition is that it is through random (rather than deterministic) means."

When will meta mods be addressed, if this determinism a concern?

The problem is those high end players who show off, they are making their perfect items be use prefix cannot be changed and scouring or suffix cannot be changed and scouring. Hell, those meta mods even make the maven's orb easy to use. I doubt when you created the maven's orb you were expecting it to be deterministic.

The philosophy of finding a upgrade or using currency on gear to make an upgrade ceased to exist when The Forsaken Masters came out and the crafting bench was introduced. Before then, a t3 res with a t2 life was pretty damn good. Uniques were valuable for the guaranteed life and res, etc. This was back in Kripp's hayday.

Now, any item without life but 3 good res and an open prefix can get 70 life slapped on and now it's a great item. Why would I consider exalting that?

PoE either needs to fully embrace that crafting is it's SELLING point or needs to go back to the Kripp days and remove the crafting bench. The bench leads to exalts being extremely expensive so no one would dare use them if they are an average joe AND leads to top end players abusing the meta mods for amazing gear by just throwing currency at an item unless they get that RNG hit. That's not fun.

I prefer a 1 shot with an exalt and you got it or not. No fixing or a full on I can annul it with a harvest craft or some kind of target annulment.

P.S. This post still doesn't address the trading harvest issue (itemize like beastcrafts please) or how beastcrafting is being abused in a plethora or ways.
I love the game.. i started late and the thing that helped me to learn the most about the mods/crafting/itemisaiton was the Harvest league. Yes .. as a total noob after 2 months of playin in harvest i was able to craft couple mirror worthy items all by my self.. and i was proud of it. SO... i was ok with nerfing the oportunities and the number of crafts we get to make those items .. and for me currently harvest is fine. Ive spend 2-3 days with only handfull of sacret groves found and not a single good craft found. But then when we actually get a good one.. its fun and exiting.
The whole echoes of the atlas was amazing and the new watchstones, atlas passives and everything was a blast. Ritual it self is booring. Its cool as a reward mechanic.. but for me is very annoying to having to stop and do the ritual sites. Most importantly the return of Harvest made this league amazing. Im still hooked to the game after 2 months and playin only 1 character.
I realy want GGG to reconsider those nerfs. The game has changed for the better. More and more people playing with each new league. The harvest craft is a great oportunity for people to learn and also build their character to high enough level so they can experience the game the way they see it in random youtube guides and videos.
For me Delve crafting is cool.. but doing Delve is the worst thing in poe. I never entered the mine in the last 2-3 leagues. I cant stand it. And delve crafting without harvest is very underwhelming and if you rely on it to craft endgame gear.. you need to be hardcore player that invest tons of resources in to it.
I will .. for sure play again next league. but i doubt i will be invested as much as i am now. Creating new item projects.. farming and .. even trading crafts.. its fun and its one of the main reasons im still hooked to this league. Without it.. mmm nah i dont see my self farming my eyes out of currency just to buy one item.. and rely purely on luck to craft at least 80% perfect item for my build...and knowing that it 99% will never happen in 3 months. I dont think i can do that. I dont have the 12 hours a day to play and minmax every minute of my poe gameplay. Nothing against the guys that do. Just the game should have options for people like me to reach the "FUN" part of the game. Sure everyone can kill Sirus A8 with 100k dps in 30mins .. with only 50% of your gear's max potential.. but where is the fun in that.
Overall .. please think of your player base.. and how its changed with the last few leagues. And why exactly you think making endgame gear accessable a bad thing. Who does harvest crafting hurt?!? Why is it a problem?!? Just why? You know there is a problem that needs fixing thats why you created the harvest in the first place...
Your current phylosphy.. its outdated. We only have limited time each league. Making it so players are near impossible to complete a build is ... not a good thing. Quite the oposite.. keep the harvest as it is. Trade league can have its fun, growing economy, options for creating of multple builds, players will spend more time playing the game... and trying multple builds in one league. All thanks to Harvest. And wont mention how cool it is for SSF players.
This is .. how i feel ofc.. and im pretty sure the 1% top players wont care if i stop playing ... but im pretty sure im not the only one that feels like this.
Just show them with your wallets and by ignoring Supp packs and MTX what you think about their RNG CLOWNFIESTA socalled crafting they want bring back.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info