Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

wow, it is useless now, thanks for destroying the few chances normal people had to enjoy the game with non hp/resist items
Harvest beeing in the game in the current state is what kept me playing 1 more month than I usually do.

I wanted to do some non-meta builds and I only achieved my goals because I farmed my own harvest crafts. So I had a goal and and a clear line to follow to achieve my goal, this is what kept me playing. The feeling that if I kept playing i would find that last harvest craft that lets me have 1 more decent item. None of the items I created during that grind were mirror tier (not even close!) but they were good.

So if you think that it is too easy to craft amazing / uber op items it shows me that you have a diferent kind of players in mind, cause 2 months of playtime got me a bunch of good items but nothing that I would call game-breaking .

Making it more common and changing the boss are good changes in my opinion and I understand the need to change something, but nerfing it is not the way to go. This will only affect the common player, if I had 500ex just laying around it would not matter to me if i can craft something or not, if i cant i'll just buy it.
"
I'm just glad that most of the people replying in this thread will have to learn how to play the game instead of using the item editor now.

Lmao why are you pretending like PoE is a hard game? It never was, even before harvest was a thing. Nobody's going to have to "learn how to play", they'll just have less fun playing.
Oh man I'm loving all the tears on reddit.

Sadly, those tears will get to GGG and Chris, and thus, this will be yet another perfect example how this game is shaped by reddit's tears.

Don't succumb to it GGG. Please
"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019

"It looks like we broke something with 3.10.0. We don't know what it is yet." - Bex, March 16th, 2020
Last edited by girng on Mar 10, 2021, 8:53:17 PM
As a casual player, harvest kept me playing 3.13 far longer than any past league.

From a gameplay perspective, I find it far more enjoyable to deterministically craft/improve my gear rather than simply farm currency to buy something.
Furthermore, YOLO annul/exalt slamming is absolutely NOT fun and I don't know anyone who enjoys bricking an item because of bad RNG.

I did not use TFT, and I don't craft "mirror tier" items, but I feel this tone-deaf set of nerfs harms casuals like myself far more than the 1%ers you claim to be targeting.

I think you need to go back to the drawing board and figure out a way to accomplish your goal of reducing the god-tier items without gutting a system that made this league so successful.

My interest in 3.13 is waning, but I was excited about returning for 3.14.....until today.
[Removed by Support]

Guess I'll go back to Grim Dawn or Warframe. At least I can actually get god-tier items without breaking the bank in those games XD.
Last edited by Natasha on Mar 10, 2021, 9:00:17 PM
Congratz with killing the craft btw.
PoE never had a crafting system to begin with, only a literal gambling pachinko machine. I dont support loot boxes and will not support the gamble simulator which 3.14 will become.

Out of touch with community as is.
rip online
Thank god. Reading this post was like reading one of my own reddit posts over the last few weeks haha
"
I'm just glad that most of the people replying in this thread will have to learn how to play the game instead of using the item editor now.

Mate, what are you talking about, you don't have one decently geared character in your entire account?

"Learn to play the game"?

It's about giving enjoyment to the people below the 0.1% percentile, to make the vast majority of the community to be able to create the really big pieces to take their game to another level, to have fun, to try new things, to not be dependant to the 5 unique everyone is playing in a league, cause the crafting is back to pure RNG, no control or exploitation of the absolute few people at the top that farm the living heck out of the league and then control the market.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info