Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

"
Players also expressed frustration that the most effective way to get the best items in Path of Exile was to join a discord channel and try to trade for these incredibly crucial crafts.

This is only going to increase the popularity of craft selling, not diminish it.
"
girng wrote:
"
astrartea wrote:

Augmentation, regal and transmute literally prove his point that there's no crafting but gambling. What are you talking about?

You can isolate certain mods with those orbs. That's not gambling at all lol.

Herp derp

After gambling several hundred alterations to hit the mod you want to isolate lol.

"
Just think of the enjoyment you can feel when you exalt your own items and learn to get good without the item editor.

What game are you playing that you think people exalt their items? That's a terrible way of crafting lmao.
Chris and GGG,

You see my supporter packs. I bought at least that many on Xbox, btw.

This league I spent more than I've ever spent and bought the Atlas pack. You know why? I wanted to reward you for brining back something like harvest that makes crafting a 1/6, 1/2 or even 100% crafting expense. I wanted to reward your company for that, and also the new atlas deterministic options for mapping.

If you had *not* reimplemented harvest, I would have quit easily within a few weeks. I would *not* have purchased *anything* for mtx, and have simply abandoned your game.

Chris, you are single handedly ruining what makes your game so god damn fun to play, and why I've played an excessive, dirty, filthy amount of time this league.

I felt that maximum power was attainable to me. I was able to see a path to farm my way to that power, and so I payed you all for the great ideas, and began the farm.

Next time, if you do this, I'm going to
1) not pay you any money for at LEAST 2 or 3 leagues to see how you develop the game
2) Play an exceedingly less amount of time. I imagine I'll play 25% of what I played this league without harvest, or with an insultingly nerfed harvest.

Also do you REALLY think we want the BAD FEELINGS of exalt slamming our items and ruining them? You are totally out of your minds from the true feelings of your game.

I NEVER crafted in your game before harvest unless I was basically using unveiled crafting. Why? Because random gambling is only fun at end of league when I'm LEAVING AND DON'T CARE ANYMORE about playing your game.

Don't you see the bottom line? You've made more money, and had more players play and more player retention than ANY OTHER LEAGUE EVER, and you want to hatchet it because of your personal feelings? Please be more business oriented and cater to your audience and stop turning truly fun gambles into endless painful grinds that no one really wants but YOU.
People saying that other players will now have to learn how to actually play... What? You are as stupid as the devs and the absolute fucking moron who made this post. The other crafting available to the game outside of harvest is just rng rolling the dice, there's very little to actually learn about it and it all comes down to mostly luck. Hey GGG, if you checked your fucking numbers you would know that this league has one of the lowest dropping percents in the past couple of years. Maybe, the reason behind that is because people could finally get things more deterministically without having to go through the hassle of having a complex garden setup which was the least fun part of that league. In fact this league hit record peak players on steamcharts.

There are a bunch of people who've already stated that the deterministic crafting only makes them want to play more, I've made 6 builds this league, you know how many builds I usually make in a league? 2, I don't have time to no life this game, deterministic crafting is a godsend for players. I've spent more time playing this league than in any of the other leagues. I actually enjoy the state of the game. There's no RNG burnout that makes me want to say fuck it and quit the league early because I haven't gotten an upgrade in a while. Seriously how can you make the claim that this is better for the game when this is your best performing league in years? You're so fucking stupid, sure a lot of it may be due to new atlas changes, but people are farming haewark hamlet for a reason, the crafting has never been this good and the game is better for it.

Maybe put this decision to a fucking poll and see how many people actually agree with you? How many idiot gambling addicts in this game actually prefer to gamble and waste time over being able to get the crafts they want/need easier. Let's see how well next league performs once you've gutted the best crafting this game has had since its inception. Seriously, when is the last time this game has had this many players still playing the game 2 months into a league?
Last edited by ShaggydogGaming on Mar 10, 2021, 9:11:29 PM
Okay, GGG just took away my only reason for playing this game. Bye now.
Good luck with your gambling pachinko game
Last edited by Dinol6874 on Mar 10, 2021, 9:03:36 PM
"
astrartea wrote:
"
girng wrote:
"
astrartea wrote:

Augmentation, regal and transmute literally prove his point that there's no crafting but gambling. What are you talking about?

You can isolate certain mods with those orbs. That's not gambling at all lol.

Herp derp

After gambling several hundred alterations to hit the mod you want to isolate lol.

"
Just think of the enjoyment you can feel when you exalt your own items and learn to get good without the item editor.

What game are you playing that you think people exalt their items? That's a terrible way of crafting lmao.

It's almost like.. crafting isn't an item editor and takes time! Omg the horror!
"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019

"It looks like we broke something with 3.10.0. We don't know what it is yet." - Bex, March 16th, 2020
yo dear GGG team you should import a item to make the crafts trade able and dont nerf the whole system... i made a lot of currency 200ex this league more then some leagues together and it feels great cuz i have a progress i would say this is the best league but with the upcoming harvest changes the whole crafting system will fall back for me to ohh i dont have enought currency to buy,craft better items, i just run some maps for some c and switch back to league of legends again cuz i dont see any progress until iam tiered of this build and try again another to fail way before it is finish.

"
girng wrote:

"When Chris realizes"

You mean when you and the tears of reddit overflow the brains of the devs?

You mean "valid feedback from a large percentage of their customers"?
"
girng wrote:
"
kostyaq wrote:
"

you so proud of yourself, big ego.

It'll be such pleasure to see ur reaction when Chris realises that this is bad change. :)

harvest x10, don't you like? <3

"When Chris realizes"

You mean when you and the tears of reddit overflow the brains of the devs?

I mean when he realises, that if he boosts harvest, he will not lose you, people that live in the game. You personally will play it no matter what. You will whine/QQ, but eat any change.

Others will just leave playing, and its obviously bad for the game, and studio.

You think about urself, not the game, thats why this manifesto will be changed before releasing.

I love how there's one guy in here wallowing in everyone's misfortune and insulting them at the same time. Your emphasizing the point most of us are trying to make

Nobody wants to waste their time (except you apparently) wallowing in negative feelings. I agree with the point that it's too powerful, but there's so many other ways you can nerf around it without nerfing the game for the casual player.

Nerf abuse mechanics, zanas additional map watch stones, self poison builds, combined with trading/selling harvest crafts, probably stuff I don't know about. That's the base of the problem, but because they made it too strong this league; they're going past the base and culling the roots. It's getting boiled down to a league start mechanic from the only option for end game crafting. If that doesn't scream out of touch with general player base... Not these try hard players that have so much free time they come to the forums to enjoy people complaining. You can boil me down too.
Last edited by LethalLoki on Mar 10, 2021, 9:05:41 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info