Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

rip harvest.

nerf to a lot of players enjoyment. solid direction to go. just remove it from core.
"
LethalLoki wrote:
I love how there's one guy in here wallowing in everyone's misfortune and insulting them at the same time. Your emphasizing the point most of us are trying to make

Nobody wants to waste their time (except you apparently) wallowing in negative feelings. I agree with the point that it's too powerful, but there's so many other ways you can nerf around it without wrecking the game for the casual player.

Nerf abuse mechanics, zanas additional map watch stones, self poison builds, combined with trading/selling harvest crafts, probably stuff I don't know about. That's the base of the problem, but because they made it too strong this league; they're going past the base and culling the roots. It's getting boiled down to a league start mechanic from the only option for end game crafting. If that doesn't scream out of touch with general player base... Not these try hard players that have so much free time they come to the forums to enjoy people complaining. You can boil me down too.

he's so tryharding to trigger everyone, hope devs see what mental of people they listen.
Just flexing his own "skills of the game" not caring about game design and future of studio at all.
Lol so many entitled morons crying bc harvest is being nerfed. Jesus christ do you realize how cringe you are dangling the fact you "bought a supporter pack"? Reflect a bit.
"
astrartea wrote:
"
girng wrote:

"When Chris realizes"

You mean when you and the tears of reddit overflow the brains of the devs?

You mean "valid feedback from a large percentage of their customers"?

Haha, there it is! The reddit "valid feedback" mantra. Must be true because everyone on reddit says it is!

Reddit is irrelevant and represents a minority of the player base.

Next
"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019

"It looks like we broke something with 3.10.0. We don't know what it is yet." - Bex, March 16th, 2020
Last edited by girng on Mar 10, 2021, 9:07:00 PM
I returned because of harvest... so bye bye again path of exile :D
I've been waiting for the follow up post, but got another MTX trailer.

The Community_Team needs to read the room. SMH
Why is it that gaming companies always lean into heavy handed nerfs that completely gut whatever the problem area is instead of slight adjustments to leave it still viable. If your going this far just remove it from the game because what your describing here isn't worth even stepping into the grove. Having a crafting option to relied a little less on RNG is good for the game in my opinion. It needed toned down some, and it needed a way to safely trade the crafts in game so an outside discord wasn't the epicenter of all end game crafting. This is a heavy handed reaction to a part of the game most people enjoy. Just remove it completely if your going to make it useless.
I think this is fine and in tone with the game.

Although it would be cool to have an option to make regular currency a bit better. Like spending 10 Chaos for a "higher-order randomize" or something, where you're guaranteed to get at least 3 affixes above tier 4, or whatever.
Great change, league got stale AF as soon as i started printing my own gear at will. This game is about randomness and the chase, not following crafting recipes like you're throwing frog guts into a cauldron. And people will still find the highest probability methods for targeting each important mod in each slot, not much will change except that it'll take longer before we end up with maxed out BIS gear, which is good because that was what made me stop playing. Not running out of characters to make, or challenges to complete... but running out of gear to try to make after like 5 weeks is what led to me finally not logging in for the first day since league start.
So now let the 100% delirous fracture map abuse ingame and you have done everything to get rid of the casual and single players. Thumbs up to your great Decisions. LOL
Toxic member since ExileConScam 2019. #ZeroDropGang

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info