Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

having to go to Discord groups for crafts is the worst.

Removing the crafts and destroying the ability for casual players to make diverse builds viable is not the solution though
"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does." - William James
"People are just about as happy as they make up their minds to be." - Abraham Lincoln
Chris, this might look absurd, but...

Why don't you just make a vote?

Not asking opinion of some streamers, but just make a vote to see how many people dont want nerf, and how many wants?

And one more vote, asking "Will you take a break/quit poe cause of this nerf?"

You might want to know the results of the vote.
Last edited by kostyaq on Mar 10, 2021, 8:45:31 PM
"
We know that many players would love us to keep deterministic crafting in the game because it enables them to complete their items far more quickly than they otherwise would. But then there would quickly be nothing left to achieve.

And yet I've played this league far more than any other before. Why? Because I could actually improve my items where in past leagues I felt stuck and any improvement would cost more that I could make in a sane amount of time. You can't balance the game around people who plays 6+ hours every day...

P.S.: since we are here, at least add some kind of safe craft trading
Last edited by Xisthos on Mar 10, 2021, 8:46:24 PM
"
astrartea wrote:
"
This sentiment was summed up by a member of our design team who recently said "We don't want to take away the feeling of closing your eyes and Exalting an item, scared to see whether you ruined it or not."

I'm not sure that the person who said this actually plays PoE if they think anyone is using exalts this way.

Agreed.

This is not a statement from anyone that actually plays the game.

Well, I certainly wont be playing much of a league or buying any more packs unless this changes.
I totally agree with this! No more easy BS harvest crafting!
this is utterly bs.

GGG just wants us to take longer to gear up so that we play the whole league,
wonder if it's exactly the opposite..

for people that don't like harvest. don't use it.
but for the rest leave us alone and let us play how we want.

I don't dictate how some 1 has to play in SSF or HC or whatever.

I loved this league, where i was able to craft with all possible means.

used beascrafting, fossils, essences, and harvest crafts.
had lots of fun with this.

in the search for the perfect necro helmet, or perfect ring for my alter selfcurse BV.

I didn't play last league, reason? no harvest.
i started this league 1 week later reason? a friend told me they put harvest core, wouldn't have played else.

i had 80% of my fun through harvest crafting. I'll have to wait and see how this changes go life. but yeah. fun is gone.

remember GGG, people play games to have fun, and even though this is your game.
we the players are who play the game, what your "ideas" are, might not be what players want.

you probably don't care and ppl might flame me for this, but the first thing i did when i saw your post, is to check when i bought the supporter pack. lucky for you this is longer than 14 days. else i would have asked for a refund.

I strongly hope you retract from this changes, to be honest for the sake of my fun, as i do enjoy playing your game.

So we've verified that GGG's design philosophy comes from the Cult of Randumb. Not a surprise, but having it confirmed like this is about as undeniable as it gets.

I love the game, don't get me wrong. But there is almost as much I hate about this game, as there is that I love about it.

It's a good thing I buy supporter packs for more diamond-y reasons than heart-y reasons, or I wouldn't be supporting this game nearly as much.
"People ask me why I do this at my age. People are rude."
Are you guys serious?

I have always been the type who would defend GGG in their vision of the game with the"get good" sort of mentality. I find myself doing that less and less these days. This is plain stupid. Literally no one exalt slams and you are making the game more inaccessible for a lot of people. With harvest it allows people to aim for something more than a HH.

The learning curve for most beginner players is crazy. I had an irl friend try to play a few times now (~80 hours) and he didn't know that there was a trade website. What about those guys? They have to learn game mechanics and now they don't even get to learn how to craft properly. And they end up giving up our of frustration because they keep dying while having magic gear . Harvestt is incredibly good in teaching new players and players who have never crafted what to look for and how they might go about it.

I personally have spent more currency this league crafting than previous leagues where I'd just hoard 50+ exalts by the end of the league. I've also spent way more time on this league and harvest was a big part of this. This league was fun but for the first time since I started playing, I might even skip next league altogether.

Please reconsider GGG. Find a different solution.
"
"
theD4nk0wl wrote:
Diablo 2 remaster is letting you import old save files. If you guys need an item editor that badly dig out the floppy with zonfire d2 saves scibbled on the front in pencil.

"bad dead bodies"

Harvest needed these adjustments.

You do realise this buffs the 1% because they will be back to making mirror tier items a monopoly only they can run? Instead of paying 50 ex for a multiple T1 helmet, you will now pay a mirror and a multiple of the 50 ex former price as a mirror fee.

I like when I can sell a chest piece that has oooh idk power charge on crit + frenzy charge on hit + enemies explode for more than 15ex. Lol.. You better re-evaluate this concept of one-percenters good lord what a regurgitation.

You can only beat the game so many times and in so many ways, most of my end game hours were spent in PvP over the years, I've made 90% of my own items, or known what and how to sell if I needed to buy something specific. I'm very uninterested in hearing about your 1%.
rofl

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info