Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

Trash change.

[Removed by Support]
Last edited by Nichelle_GGG on Mar 11, 2021, 10:17:13 AM
"
Waffelito wrote:
You're moving the endgame content, the enjoyment of being able to craft the insane fun stuff to the 0.1% percentile.

Of course, 99.9% of people will disagree, and the vast majority of them will spend less time on the game.
Is it in the company interest, idk.. But there will be a direct reflection in players online, league time, and microtransactions for sure.

Harvest was a league where you as a top 10 percentile could do the things the 0.1% did, the 50% percentile did the 10% things, etc.

I think its a mistake, cause there's less enjoyment not being able to reach the items to make that minmax.

I agree man. I am able to self craft items that only the tops could be making. There goes people branching out and going off meta because they can make it work. Hello every one using the same skill and build as cyclone, BV and such are all OP. Hello bad skill balancing so people are afraid to try their own build and waste weeks of work.
"
theD4nk0wl wrote:
Diablo 2 remaster is letting you import old save files. If you guys need an item editor that badly dig out the floppy with zonfire d2 saves scibbled on the front in pencil.

"bad dead bodies"

Harvest needed these adjustments.

You do realise this buffs the 1% because they will be back to making mirror tier items a monopoly only they can run? Instead of paying 50 ex for a multiple T1 helmet, you will now pay a mirror and a multiple of the 50 ex former price as a mirror fee.
Last edited by drahtziehergc on Mar 10, 2021, 8:43:28 PM
***I am done playing POE if this is implemented into the game.***

This feels disheartening at best. I don't play games that have developers/leadership who willingly ruin the best aspects of their game, against the majority of their player base's wishes.

Harvest crafting is the only thing that has kept me playing this long in a league. Not to make items and sell them, but to use the items to make poorly scaled builds playable. Harvest quite literally enhances the portions of the game your team neglects.

It is rare for an aspect of your game to keep peoples attention for 2 to 3 months, and this is one of them. All of my friends whom I play with are not happy about this... not a single one. I bought extra stash tabs with the thought to support you guys, and I am now regretting it.

I would like to see...

1) Harvest crafts tradable similarly to beasts

2) Harvest crafts requiring the same currency that they show in their tooltip
IE: Rem/add = annul + ex

In no way do I expect you to bend to my wishes, but don't expect myself or others to accept your choices.
This is not fixing the problem of the add mod crafts being sold offsite, just making them less useful. Why not just make the seeds tradeable now that they have had their power reduced?
"
Peachheart wrote:
Maybe I should check out the loot that drops from mobs instead. All of it can't be vendor trash, can it?

Not at all.

I've made many exalts from rare gear ID'd and thrown in dump tabs.

I also saved multiple hours by not having to trade for every piece of gear.
"
"
theD4nk0wl wrote:
Diablo 2 remaster is letting you import old save files. If you guys need an item editor that badly dig out the floppy with zonfire d2 saves scibbled on the front in pencil.

"bad dead bodies"

Harvest needed these adjustments.

You do realis ethis buffs the 1% because they will be back to making mirror tier items a monopoly only they can run? Instead of paying 50 ex for a multiple T1 helmet, you will now pay a mirror and a multiple of the 50 ex former price as a mirror fee.

they don't care because they're mostly the people that exactly do that or just flip items all day OR have people who do either for them (or just get items blown up their ass because they have nothing better to do than live in this forum), see the people who respond are actually the ones you'd expect. not calling out names, you know who you are.
Last edited by talichan on Mar 10, 2021, 8:44:23 PM
its about time.

this is exactly what i was hoping from harvest RIGHT FROM THE START. but i understand ggg's methods and philosophies. it is a good thing that they tested everything, on the lab rats that we are. i am also very glad that they learned, and went forward with a considerably good choice in target nerfs.

good job ggg team.
Oh wow can I tell you how happy I am that GGG is doubling down on "crafting as gambling". Not.

"
At its core, Path of Exile is a game about the acquisition of powerful items.

So, let's take away player agency and return to RNG. Great non-design philosophy.

👎🏼
- here's my sig
"
This sentiment was summed up by a member of our design team who recently said "We don't want to take away the feeling of closing your eyes and Exalting an item, scared to see whether you ruined it or not."

I'm not sure that the person who said this actually plays PoE if they think anyone is using exalts this way.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info