Diablo II: Resurrected

rly wonder if Median XL and other mods will work with new D2 or not...
Settlers master craft service Settlers My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Settlers veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Settlers SC master craft service Settlers SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Settlers craft PM: TreeOfDead
"
TreeOfDead wrote:

they don't and probably won't ever.
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
In addition it looks like they are interested in some post launch content. Very curious to see what this looks like, but really doesnt appear to be a one-shot deal, which is super exciting.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/gamerant.com/diablo-2-resurrected-post-launch-content/amp/

It is very unlikely to ever happen, because addons to D2R means to make it a competitor to their own new product, D4. I am pretty much sure that was a marketing statement to fuel interest to d2r.

"

Nope, they already said they won't port Median XL to D2R engine, since there is no support to TCP/IP in D2R.
PoE nowadays looks more and more like a fork server with tons of custom weird experimental stuff rather than original game with carefully thought out balance brough live to players.
Last edited by judikator on Sep 26, 2021, 12:05:47 PM
"
judikator wrote:
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
In addition it looks like they are interested in some post launch content. Very curious to see what this looks like, but really doesnt appear to be a one-shot deal, which is super exciting.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/gamerant.com/diablo-2-resurrected-post-launch-content/amp/

It is very unlikely to ever happen, because addons to D2R means to make it a competitor to their own new product, D4. I am pretty much sure that was a marketing statement to fuel interest to d2r.

"

Nope, they already said they won't port Median XL to D2R engine, since there is no support to TCP/IP in D2R.

D4 is still a couple years away. Its does indeed look like ther will be post launch service. It wont be area expansions or characters, but could be runewords, items, charms, etc...
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Its been a while since I played D2, so I thought why the hell not and bought d2r

Playing, I vividly remembered why I did not like LoD compared to vanilla.

the game quickly becomes about farming runes and your items are mostly socket bases and runewords, uniques and some +skills exceptions

It's kinda like poe pre-crafting vs post-crafting. D2 vanilla almost every rare drop is or can be exciting. LoD takes that away.

Otherwise, it's been fun revisiting. I'm actually thinking of trying out PoD even though I havent ever played it before.
Atleast they have TFT right?! right!?
-Official Forum Dweller-
-I started the hoho movement-
-Exploit Early - Exploit Often-
-Moderators are absurd and OP-
-Heist Enjoyer-
"
grepman wrote:
Its been a while since I played D2, so I thought why the hell not and bought d2r

Playing, I vividly remembered why I did not like LoD compared to vanilla.

the game quickly becomes about farming runes and your items are mostly socket bases and runewords, uniques and some +skills exceptions

It's kinda like poe pre-crafting vs post-crafting. D2 vanilla almost every rare drop is or can be exciting. LoD takes that away.

Otherwise, it's been fun revisiting. I'm actually thinking of trying out PoD even though I havent ever played it before.

Eh. Perfect gear and the PvP system was perfect.
There were PvP mechanics.
Another one joining the nostalgia run. Taking my time and stream it for myself to see what mistakes i made.

My first one was a wind druid a charater i remember back (2012) that was easy (if starting SSF) during end normal till beginning hell. A walking sim build with good defense (cyclone armor) and a super minion tank (bear).

Damage was okayish i guess and immunity proof since two different damage types (phys and cold) but still not enough damage for the clunky nature of tornado and now rerolling bowazon.

Also i forgot how annoying the resistance penalty is when you have no twink gear. way harsher than POE. In D2 case with LoD addon.
NM: -40 Hell:-100.

Another detail is the bad pathfinding and some skills not hitting enemies even if skills are right under their butts (smirks at Maggot Lair).

Oh, and dont underestimate the little stygian doll fuckers.

Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
Last edited by gandhar0 on Sep 28, 2021, 2:34:18 AM
"
gandhar0 wrote:
Another one joining the nostalgia run. Taking my time and stream it for myself to see what mistakes i made.

My first one was a wind druid a charater i remember back (2012) that was easy (if starting SSF) during end normal till beginning hell. A walking sim build with good defense (cyclone armor) and a super minion tank (bear).

Damage was okayish i guess and immunity proof since two different damage types (phys and cold) but still not enough damage for the clunky nature of tornado and now rerolling bowazon.

Also i forgot how annoying the resistance penalty is when you have no twink gear. way harsher than POE. In D2 case with LoD addon.
NM: -40 Hell:-100.

Another detail is the bad pathfinding and some skills not hitting enemies even if skills are right under their butts (smirks at Maggot Lair).

Oh, and dont underestimate the little stygian doll fuckers.

Maggot lair is awful for a lot of skills
[/quote]Maggot lair is awful for a lot of skills[/quote]

I actually did that yesterday with a necro summoner. What a nightmare, had to go back to town and start gearing up as melee so that I could complete this, not looking forward to nightmare or hell.
I never lose.
Either I win
Or I learn
- Nelson Mandela

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info