⛵☁️[3.25] The Arachnophobia Allstars| Chaos Guardian CI|The dirty Scorpion-tail|Herald of Agony 150M+

"
monik390 wrote:
"
Kenavru wrote:
"
Valsacar wrote:
Things are going ok, but struggling a bit with high tier (14+) red maps. I can complete them, but with multiple deaths. Scourge at that level is almost suicide.

I've got about 4ex to spend right now, welcome any advice on what to buy or changes to make.

strange ;p I use scourge to heal myself ;p never died there.

Bc you do have iron reflexes, and he don't.

@Valsacar. Almost nothing really wrong with your gear, but

1. You have an extremely over-capped attack/spell block with glancing blows.

Get rid of rumi's and both sanctuary and safeguard rings. Get 3 points in arcane guarding. That's how u'd get enough block and plenty of passive points for better use.

Run Glancing Blows until you'll get max block w/o it.

Passive tree fixed: https://pastebin.com/7sheZA39

2. Fix resist by gear, really. Gloves, for example. Check my latter post about virulence uptime with channeling skills. 4-l is more than enough to get max virulence, no need in "socketed gems supported by xxx".

3. I also can see u don't run grace. You're missing a good chunk of defense here. Memory vault is decent for sure, but only with aul's, when you can get all defences up. Consider switching from it for now.

Thanks for the POB, I'll give it a try.

I missed your post about storm burst, I'll check that out as well. That would definitely make it easier for me to upgrade the gloves.

Reason I don't run grace is... I couldn't run all of the auras. Since I didn't have iron reflexes I thought going more armor and es would be a better choice.

I'll look around for a different helm with enchant, can't afford that other unique one but should be able to find a decent rare.

Edit: I gave the suggestions here a few maps, but I was quite a bit more squishy than before. Even swapping out memory vault I still couldn't run grace with the others, and lost a bit of armor and es with all the changes.

Storm burst I had a bit of an issue running, might just be lack of experience with the play style but it felt a lot more clunky and I had a harder time keeping the spiders up.

Last edited by Valsacar on Nov 18, 2021, 5:34:19 PM
storm burst didnt work for me too, delay of this channeling and low aoe is bad for mapping. Maybe for bossing, but i get the same virtu with 5-linked balls , with cover half of a screen. (or 2 storm brands)
Last edited by Kenavru on Nov 18, 2021, 5:51:15 PM
This probably has been answered already, but if you cant afford iron reflex, is ghost dance a better alternative?
Build is going well so far.
Can you recommend any alternative cheaper notables to annoint early?
As the oils for Charisma are very expensive
"
Kenavru wrote:
storm burst didnt work for me too, delay of this channeling and low aoe is bad for mapping. Maybe for bossing, but i get the same virtu with 5-linked balls , with cover half of a screen. (or 2 storm brands)

Storm burst-cwc-bl-chance to poison is 100% bossing thing. I myself can't stand using it on maps.

Cyclone is the way for me.

"
Valsacar wrote:

Thanks for the POB, I'll give it a try.

Since I didn't have iron reflexes I thought going more armor and es would be a better choice.

I'll look around for a different helm with enchant, can't afford that other unique one but should be able to find a decent rare.

Edit: I gave the suggestions here a few maps, but I was quite a bit more squishy than before. Even swapping out memory vault I still couldn't run grace with the others, and lost a bit of armor and es with all the changes.

Storm burst I had a bit of an issue running.

1st part, about iron reflexes. Ugh, I can't say you are wrong here. Logically, scaling ES is a good decision.

But with just armour and ES you are still taking all the hits. With glancing blows, you are still taking damage, and with your current armour you cannot overheal that stupid amount of damage from scourge.

Evasion is a damage prevention mechanic. With just 1 grace and no any other source of evasion, you could evade 48-50% of melee hits and 91% of projectiles bc of your skin. Evasion also triggers divine shield too, which is too good to ignore.

So, getting that large thread of hope for divine shield and sovereignty node is a go-to for sure.

Again, yes you can have some ES buffer, and armour to heal some damage from blocks. But you are missing quite a lot of other defensive layers.

I was able to farm 60% deli t14+ maps with just 4.8-5k ES with 200+ scourge earlier, simply with alphas howl, rare amulet, and 4 auras (defiance banner included).
Edit: Ghost Dance tho.

Right now I got 5 auras and just farm simulacrums 30/30 with no problem at all with 6.2k ES.

2d part about suggestions. Are you sure you gave a shot to exactly suggested PoB and fixed resists with a rare gloves?

POB wise, there is no way it could be less tanky unless you ran it with your current gloves and all resists uncapped. I clearly remember that I got more damage, ES and armour traded just for resists and overcapped block.

With just a 10c resist gloves you still could get 6.2k es and all res capped with 56k armour flasked: https://pastebin.com/aH0VgNen

I know, that storm burst is not a mapping decision, that's why you have issues with it. Everyone has. But you can just swap gems, mate. Keep BL or go with cyclone for maps, and switch to storm burst on bosses.

Edit2: If you are absolutely unwilling to get grace, you have to go for max block w/o glancing blows. The major point here is to prevent as much damage as you can.

"
dpham99 wrote:
This probably has been answered already, but if you cant afford iron reflex, is ghost dance a better alternative?

Yes.
Last edited by monik390 on Nov 18, 2021, 11:47:05 PM
"
monik390 wrote:

2d part about suggestions. Are you sure you gave a shot to exactly suggested PoB and fixed resists with a rare gloves?

POB wise, there is no way it could be less tanky unless you ran it with your current gloves and all resists uncapped. I clearly remember that I got more damage, ES and armour traded just for resists and overcapped block.

Between switching helm and gloves I had capped resists again and switched the PoB as you suggested.

"
monik390 wrote:

I know, that storm burst is not a mapping decision, that's why you have issues with it. Everyone has. But you can just swap gems, mate. Keep BL or go with cyclone for maps, and switch to storm burst on bosses.

Maybe I'll give burst another go, but I really dislike swapping gems like that. Right now I only swap for specific boss fights where I need the DPS boost.

"
monik390 wrote:

Edit2: If you are absolutely unwilling to get grace, you have to go for max block w/o glancing blows. The major point here is to prevent as much damage as you can.

It's not that I'm unwilling, but what do I give up to turn it on? I can't run all of them at once.

I can either run herald, tempest, determination, discipline or herald, determination, grace (losing a lot of shield and no longer capped spell block), or herald, tempest, discipline and grace (losing a ton of armor).
=)
I just did a random map with self-casting BL and swapping it for the boss:

https://youtu.be/68HWswMSyTo

Went with faster proj for speed. Overall, mapping felt clunky af, can't really play like that. Didn't even bother with spiders after failing to summon them on the second floor xD

Anyway, gravebind should be good if played like this.

@Valsacar, well, I'm just suggesting things from my PoV. I found that your passive tree wasn't optimized at all, so I made it for u and suggested what to do to keep the build working the easiest way. Twice.

As for running more auras in the easiest and cheapest ways:

PoB: https://pastebin.com/cYf08s9f

1. Alpha's Howl.
2. Thread of hope.
3. Rare amu with aura increased mana efficiency (30c in PoB)
4. Discipline mastery.
5. Sublime form instead of split personality.
6. Divine on of your rings to get better hoag reservation, but it's optional.

Ended up with both grace and defiance banner up, 5,2k ES with a better belt (60c), solid 50k/37k armour/eva. But arrow dancer here plays a bit negative role, lowering attack evasion.

This setup was exactly like I was running before my current state, and is ideal for ghost dance. Later, after I got aul's, I completely got rid of nostalgia rings for stat/es rings, pushing to 6k ES.

Well, I did my best here, everything else is up to you. Good luck.

P.s. I still think that going for max block w/o GB is an easier way for you.
Last edited by monik390 on Nov 19, 2021, 4:51:00 AM
biggest change for me was swaping out of GB, 35% dmg reduction vs 100% dmg reduction is huge difference, rarly see my es drop from 100% since then.
"
GotmeGushers wrote:
Is there a PoB for gear before end game? I can't afford some of the BiS stuff. Particularly the Skin of Lords and Split personality gems. There is an immense amount of info in this guide and i'm pretty lost to be honest.

Same overhere, but what my lazy a** could find is that the first POB link ( https://pastebin.com/PckSa20v ) is that you can select different stages of build progression both on tree and items. Like for me, an lvl83 I'm tempted to start with:

@Tree - "Leveling CI over 60% block"
@Items - "Leveling items" set

If anyone can help with an opinion, would be great. The idea is to find a tree and an item set for lvl75+ char with budget ~2-3 ex.
"
Kenavru wrote:
biggest change for me was swaping out of GB, 35% dmg reduction vs 100% dmg reduction is huge difference, rarly see my es drop from 100% since then.

Yeah, sure. Iron reflexes was your biggest change xD

Jokes aside, I was thinking about dropping glancing blows and get like 50/75, and I'd definitely be fine with that. But simulacrum told me purity of elements with GB is better than tempest shield.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info