Game Balance in Path of Exile: Echoes of the Atlas

"
"
Vaildez wrote:
I hear ya man... I am in my late 30s and I always get severe carpal tunnel every league. I mostly play Spectre builds and even then I am still spamming the crap out of spells and flasks.

Yup, also late 30s, also severely limited on what builds I can play because they're too spammy. I tried to start heist with hexblast and ended up giving up on it (and the league).

At this point I require the following out of a build if I'm going to play it:

1. 1-button win. No two+ stage castings like hexblast, fb/ice nova, desecrate/remation, etc. Or zero button like minions, of course.

2. Not flask reliant.

3. Moves by running, rather than spamming a movement ability.

This actually crosses a huge number of builds off the list, and it seems like their design emphasis is going to be further trying to move away from 1 button builds. I understand from a design point of view why you might favor that, but at the pace this game plays, a multi-button attack cycle is murder on the wrists.

Did you ever stop to think, maybe the devs don't want us to play 0 button builds with no flask pianoing?
SO all stuff nerfed but lagacies versions allowed to eist, right?
whoever has OP cluster jewels will keep OP cluster jewels?
"
ibims111 wrote:
"
IepureBarbar wrote:
"
morfeablack wrote:

Soo youre complaining about the fact that you cant afk in red blighted maps and have enough dps to 1 shot sirus?

Thats very cute, they should nerf minions much more than they did now, they are still op af so stop crying.

The game is made to be finished with 2 mil dps, losing 20m out of 60m is no big deal

wanst there a build from gaz whith like +300 mil dps on spectres...20 nerf is a joke

I was at about 140mil with a similar build to his one, after the nerfs to the last pach to redemption and clusters, i was down to around 90 mil, I expect to be down to about 70 mil now with these upcoming nerfes

From what I read so far I expect carrion golems to lose about 20% of their dps, my last league starter would go down to about 7 mil from 9 mil and those end game 60 mil carrion golem builds were possible only thanks to harvest, so the Elementalist armor version should be still viable with around 50ish mil dps, but the aura effect stacking version with the necromancer is hopefully death with the nerfs to aura effects, even tho aura stackers are still doable, they are just not worth it anymore...
Thank you GGG, generally good changes.
Howewer, aurastackers gonna run around with each and every aura up, just with somewhat lowered numbers. Not much for diversity. Isn't mana reservation real culprit here, not aura effect?
Hi GGG staff - I was just wondering whether there have been any buffs to Death's Oath and the Death Aura skill as a result of the nerfs to aura effect? This has been the most effective way to scale DO since cluster jewels were released, and it would be a shame if the skill got heavily nerfed just because it relies on the same mechanic that aura stackers use (albeit to a lesser extent since the only aura DO scales off is Malevolence).

Will we see any numerical buffs to DO in the near future?
"
sempermalum wrote:
"
"
Vaildez wrote:
I hear ya man... I am in my late 30s and I always get severe carpal tunnel every league. I mostly play Spectre builds and even then I am still spamming the crap out of spells and flasks.

Yup, also late 30s, also severely limited on what builds I can play because they're too spammy. I tried to start heist with hexblast and ended up giving up on it (and the league).

At this point I require the following out of a build if I'm going to play it:

1. 1-button win. No two+ stage castings like hexblast, fb/ice nova, desecrate/remation, etc. Or zero button like minions, of course.

2. Not flask reliant.

3. Moves by running, rather than spamming a movement ability.

This actually crosses a huge number of builds off the list, and it seems like their design emphasis is going to be further trying to move away from 1 button builds. I understand from a design point of view why you might favor that, but at the pace this game plays, a multi-button attack cycle is murder on the wrists.

Did you ever stop to think, maybe the devs don't want us to play 0 button builds with no flask pianoing?

The devs are so out of touch one of them actually asked with a straight face at exile con "do players really want to activate all their flasks at once?"

So yeah, don't give a shit what they think really. Just pointing out that older players with wrist problems (which is a HUGE segment of their player base) get functionally shut out of a lot of builds. Theoretically keyboard macros could allow these players to play a larger variety of builds, but macros that perform more than one action aren't allowed.

Most of the devs are people who loved Diablo 2, they're on the older side by gamer standards, older than me even. But of course they mostly don't play their own game enough to know what the player experience is like. Sure they might play through the acts, but they're not grinding endgame maps. If they were, many of them would likely run into the same kinds of issues.
"
rachina1337 wrote:
Funny to see how all minion/golem players crybabying cuz GGG just nerfed the most popular type of build.
I'd say that aurastack and carrion golem builds should be nerfed again, cuz they are just stupid.

And while every summoner crying about being nerfed for 10-20%, melee still being dead and not a single summoner even noticing that every melee skill is just 100x times inferior to summons. And currency investment should be astronomical for melee build so they can be on par with some carrion golem 30ex worth build.

If 30% of the whole league playing on minions than THEY SHOULD BE NERFED.

Stop thinking poe ninja is the player base lol
Wow, that nerf to spectres and golems is rough...
WTH where you thinking GGG???
I was so hyped for this season, not anymore.
Dude this comment section is full of cringe...
Very welcomed changes! Good nerfs on golems and aura stackers.
Nerfing the spectre gem might turn out a mistake though, as many spectres already struggle with survivability and you cant really get them easily revived mid fight.
WHY WE HAVE TO LOST TIME PLAYING A GAME THAT CRUSH YOU ITEMS IN TO TRASH JUST CUZ DEVELOPERS APPLY BALANCE LIKE BLIZZARD DO ON WORLD OF WARCRAFT ?.

I JUST DONT UNDERSTAND WHAT S THE POINT OF NERF AURA STACKER, HOW MANY % OF AURA STACKERS PLAYERS ARE IN THE GAME TO MAKE THIS DESICION A " GOOD " BALANCE . . .

I JUST UNDERSTAND HOW THEY THINK WE ARE ONLY PPL THAT DEPENDS OF POE AND NOTHING ELSE IN THE LIFE, SPENDING HOURS AND HOURS TO FARM ITEMS, DEALING WITH TRADERS WHEN LEAGUE GET DEAD AFTER 1 MOUTH AND 2 WEEKS, SPENDING TIME TO MAKE GREAT THINGS AND AFTER U GET EVERYTHING THEY JUST SAY , THAT WAS TOO UNBALANCED , LET S CUT YOU ITEMS IN HALF AND ALL GOOD.

GGG MANIFIESTOS NEVER ARE HAPPY. IM STARTING TO THINK THEY PAY SOME PPL TO SAY SOMETHING GOOD ABOUT THEM, CUZ IF YOU LOOK FROM DIFERENT POINT THEY DIDNT BUFF ANYTHING, 5 % MORE DODGE , THAT S A BUFF? WHILE KILLING ALL ENTIRE GAME STYLE (Minions) AND THEN CRUSHING ITEMS TO TRASH, WHAT S THE POINT ? I DONT GET IT...

THE FUN PART IS I WAS THINKING WAS A HARD YEAR FOR GGG TOO, THEN I DECIDED TO SPEND 100 USD FOR CONTRIBUTION , HEIST WAS A SHIT LEAGUE , 4 MOUTH LEAGUE AND ALL PPL QUITED HALF TIME. . . NICE DOOR MECHANICS , AND NOW I HAVE THE BIG SURPRISE , ALL THE ITEMS U FARMED IN THE YEAR GONNA BE NERFED , TALKING ABOUT MY CLUSTERS JEWELLS . . JUST CUZ TOO STRONG DEFENSIVE BLAH BLAH BLAH . . . AND WE DONT CARE ABOUT THE TIME YOU SPENDED TO FARM THIS ITEMS , CUZ WE THINK 100 % BASE PLAYERS USING THOSE JUICY CLUSTERS AND ARE CHEAPER AND EASY TO GET... I REALLY REALLY THINK THEY JUST DONT PLAY THE GAME , THEY JUST HAVE A IDEA EACH 3 - 4 OR 5 MOUTHS , THEN THEY MAKE A LEAGUE AND THATS ALL, EVERY LEAGUE I HAVE THE SAME FEELING , AGAIN AGAIN AND AGAIN , DONT PLAY THIS , PLAY THIS , THIS IS META , OTHER THING THAT ISNT META NOT GONNA MAKE U ABLE TO ENJOY GAME. ONCE U ENJOY GAME 2 LEAGUES AFTER , THE META FROM 2 LEAGUES AGO WAS TOO UNBALANCED, WE DECIDE TO DESTROY THE GEMS ITEMS TO MAKE IT MORE BALANCED AND BUFF THE NEW SHIT THAT COMING RIGHT NOW !!! YEA WE ARE MONKEYS !!!.

ALSO NOBODY TALKS ABOUT HOW FUCKING DEAD IS PERM HC , I REALLY FORCED TO PLAY LEAGUES EACH TIME CUZ NOBODY PLAY IN STANDAR HC. WHY TO HAVE THAT LEAGUE THEN ? WHY DONT MAKE ALL MY CHARS WITH BLUE FLAG ALSO, AFTER THAT ALL MY TIME SPENDED DOESNT MATTER . . .

HOPE SOME DEV READ THIS . . .

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info