Game Balance in Path of Exile: Echoes of the Atlas

"
"
sempermalum wrote:
"

Yup, also late 30s, also severely limited on what builds I can play because they're too spammy. I tried to start heist with hexblast and ended up giving up on it (and the league).

At this point I require the following out of a build if I'm going to play it:

1. 1-button win. No two+ stage castings like hexblast, fb/ice nova, desecrate/remation, etc. Or zero button like minions, of course.

2. Not flask reliant.

3. Moves by running, rather than spamming a movement ability.

This actually crosses a huge number of builds off the list, and it seems like their design emphasis is going to be further trying to move away from 1 button builds. I understand from a design point of view why you might favor that, but at the pace this game plays, a multi-button attack cycle is murder on the wrists.

Did you ever stop to think, maybe the devs don't want us to play 0 button builds with no flask pianoing?

The devs are so out of touch one of them actually asked with a straight face at exile con "do players really want to activate all their flasks at once?"

So yeah, don't give a shit what they think really. Just pointing out that older players with wrist problems (which is a HUGE segment of their player base) get functionally shut out of a lot of builds. Theoretically keyboard macros could allow these players to play a larger variety of builds, but macros that perform more than one action aren't allowed.

Most of the devs are people who loved Diablo 2, they're on the older side by gamer standards, older than me even. But of course they mostly don't play their own game enough to know what the player experience is like. Sure they might play through the acts, but they're not grinding endgame maps. If they were, many of them would likely run into the same kinds of issues.

fully agree with you, I was playing golemancer, necromancer and rf for past 3 years because my wrist really can't stand it anymore.. it was so pain to keep so many buttons on certain builds, even by just click on moving for 3 hours a day, my finger is getting pain and numb... that's why I stop playing so frequent compare to last 2 years...
New league, new necro nerfs.

A tale as old as time.
It looks like cluster jewel nerfs are going to be retroactive, so I guess fuck everyone who sank their currency into those.
Hello Hello Hello.

When I finally decided to do a skeleton build it was nerfed and I suffered when leveling and i couldn't progress well xD
Now that I finally wanted to try golems (since many leagues without playing minions) and now they got nerfed, well i guess i going to suffer again xD

Yes should be nerfed because people abuse of it. But i hope dont damage progression and scales for league starting.
"
Calions wrote:
WHY WE HAVE TO LOST TIME PLAYING A GAME THAT CRUSH YOU ITEMS IN TO TRASH JUST CUZ DEVELOPERS APPLY BALANCE LIKE BLIZZARD DO ON WORLD OF WARCRAFT ?.

I JUST DONT UNDERSTAND WHAT S THE POINT OF NERF AURA STACKER, HOW MANY % OF AURA STACKERS PLAYERS ARE IN THE GAME TO MAKE THIS DESICION A " GOOD " BALANCE . . .

I JUST UNDERSTAND HOW THEY THINK WE ARE ONLY PPL THAT DEPENDS OF POE AND NOTHING ELSE IN THE LIFE, SPENDING HOURS AND HOURS TO FARM ITEMS, DEALING WITH TRADERS WHEN LEAGUE GET DEAD AFTER 1 MOUTH AND 2 WEEKS, SPENDING TIME TO MAKE GREAT THINGS AND AFTER U GET EVERYTHING THEY JUST SAY , THAT WAS TOO UNBALANCED , LET S CUT YOU ITEMS IN HALF AND ALL GOOD.

GGG MANIFIESTOS NEVER ARE HAPPY. IM STARTING TO THINK THEY PAY SOME PPL TO SAY SOMETHING GOOD ABOUT THEM, CUZ IF YOU LOOK FROM DIFERENT POINT THEY DIDNT BUFF ANYTHING, 5 % MORE DODGE , THAT S A BUFF? WHILE KILLING ALL ENTIRE GAME STYLE (Minions) AND THEN CRUSHING ITEMS TO TRASH, WHAT S THE POINT ? I DONT GET IT...

THE FUN PART IS I WAS THINKING WAS A HARD YEAR FOR GGG TOO, THEN I DECIDED TO SPEND 100 USD FOR CONTRIBUTION , HEIST WAS A SHIT LEAGUE , 4 MOUTH LEAGUE AND ALL PPL QUITED HALF TIME. . . NICE DOOR MECHANICS , AND NOW I HAVE THE BIG SURPRISE , ALL THE ITEMS U FARMED IN THE YEAR GONNA BE NERFED , TALKING ABOUT MY CLUSTERS JEWELLS . . JUST CUZ TOO STRONG DEFENSIVE BLAH BLAH BLAH . . . AND WE DONT CARE ABOUT THE TIME YOU SPENDED TO FARM THIS ITEMS , CUZ WE THINK 100 % BASE PLAYERS USING THOSE JUICY CLUSTERS AND ARE CHEAPER AND EASY TO GET... I REALLY REALLY THINK THEY JUST DONT PLAY THE GAME , THEY JUST HAVE A IDEA EACH 3 - 4 OR 5 MOUTHS , THEN THEY MAKE A LEAGUE AND THATS ALL, EVERY LEAGUE I HAVE THE SAME FEELING , AGAIN AGAIN AND AGAIN , DONT PLAY THIS , PLAY THIS , THIS IS META , OTHER THING THAT ISNT META NOT GONNA MAKE U ABLE TO ENJOY GAME. ONCE U ENJOY GAME 2 LEAGUES AFTER , THE META FROM 2 LEAGUES AGO WAS TOO UNBALANCED, WE DECIDE TO DESTROY THE GEMS ITEMS TO MAKE IT MORE BALANCED AND BUFF THE NEW SHIT THAT COMING RIGHT NOW !!! YEA WE ARE MONKEYS !!!.

ALSO NOBODY TALKS ABOUT HOW FUCKING DEAD IS PERM HC , I REALLY FORCED TO PLAY LEAGUES EACH TIME CUZ NOBODY PLAY IN STANDAR HC. WHY TO HAVE THAT LEAGUE THEN ? WHY DONT MAKE ALL MY CHARS WITH BLUE FLAG ALSO, AFTER THAT ALL MY TIME SPENDED DOESNT MATTER . . .

HOPE SOME DEV READ THIS . . .

Cry more please.
"
lampadina wrote:
It looks like cluster jewel nerfs are going to be retroactive, so I guess fuck everyone who sank their currency into those.

Has this been confirmed? I invested every bit of spare currency I had in heist league into these, so that I could take them to standard and finally be able to play a build I've wanted to try since before cluster jewels were a thing. Relatively affordable aura clusters were the only reason I took a break from standard to play Heist.

If everything I earned in Heist is going to be functionally deleted by heavy-handed retroactive nerfs, I will most likely lose all enthusiasm for this game.
I think this is another shitshow; really GGG. The one month extra wait was really worth it.

Between the rippy 1 shot BS you throw at us and carpal tunnel, you once again made the right decision to alienate the people who would rather not put up with either. You keep on nerfing very expensive builds that are actually satisfying to play and rewarding in progression in order to promote the so called illusion of choice and build diversity. Some of the most intense grinds we've done was for aurastacking or very high end minion builds gearing and you're taking the piss on all our effort.
Last edited by Mondaysoon on Jan 11, 2021, 6:30:52 PM
This is my very first post on the forum.... I came to say how disappointed I am in the aurastacker nerfs. I only just started playing the game for the first time about 2 months ago. I will never get a chance to play an aura stacker now...

My entire goal was to play an expensive and fun character this new league. Is there such a thing as an expensive character now? In the very short amount of time I did play, and being a complete noob, I managed to basically max out the cyclone slayer build I was doing.

I really hope we discover another build similar to aura stacking....
This is bullshit. GGG dont know to nerf things just at the high end. They just nerf to kill so unless you have mirror gear, you best use any other build. How are you going to use aurastacker now, and i mean with normal gear, not with i84 perfect clus.jewels, crit +rmr jewels, and voices 1/3s etc etc. Just 2xVoices7 (because thats all you can use with 7p version) and full uniques. We cant even reach 300%, meaning your defenses are shit with max ES that would be pathetic if it was life. I mean why the fuck are you nerfing everybody instead of just nerfing the high end. Limit voices jewel to 1 jewel per char, and you remove any sort of cluster jewel stacking in the future. Noone can excessively stack any other jewels too much. AND aurastackers cant get 500% anymore. That alone is 50% dps nerf alonside about 50% durability nerf. Reduce 6% aura per passive to 5%, and even with 35% increased effect you cant get more than 6% per passive. Meaning 34%x7 = 238+57 from tree = 295 means with some gear %aura investment you can barely make it to 400% effectiveness for everyone low gear or high. And thats where build starts to work. But of course you instead choose to kill it for everyone. I remember how shit the build was at 300% aura. Took away all the excitement ive had for new league after coming back few weeks ago after 3 year hiatus.
ok. only one playable build (golems) on console is also nerfed. and they still can't reduce graphic settings on playstation to remove fkn lags. so more deaths, more lost XP. GOODBYE GGG. at least till you REMOVE 10% XP penalties from each death.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info