Game Balance in Path of Exile: Echoes of the Atlas

*sweat* oh god... the aura effect nerfs are absolutely going to hammer death's oath out of existence.
"
Wes07 wrote:
"
iteration2 wrote:

Why? Given all the ridiculous legacy items left in standard over the years, why break precedent to specifically screw over everyone who invested in these?

I've been trying to build an aura-stacker on standard for a few months, and eventually gave up as these clusters were too difficult to acquire (I've never been one of those players who throws exalts away by the hundreds, or even by the handfuls, each one of those things is PRECIOUS). I made a new character in heist, where they were more affordable, and put every spare bit of currency into buying them so I could play in standard.

Well apparently that was all for nothing.

I think we all understand that nerfs happen, but the typical "standard" experience has usually been that gear you invest in won't radically change after the fact, so your investments are somewhat protected. The value may go down as metas change, but at least you can still play with what you've bought. Every time there's an exception to this, it erodes trust in what we're doing here. If anything we acquire can be capriciously taken away, what ARE we even doing here?!

I was really enjoying PoE again after a year or two hiatus, but now I honestly don't have any enthusiasm for the game. I feel like I just wasted the last couple months of play time, with nothing to show for it.

Agree! Why not keep those legacy clusters. I was playing in SSF league, and finally got 4 of aura effect clusters. That's just really not easy for SSF players.. Why you guys even nerf those existing clusters???

I just noticed that the quote I was responding to was about alberon's warpath, not the cluster jewels. I'm not sure if there's confirmation that the cluster jewels are being retroactively destroyed, so I took my post down, just in case they're not.
The Minion Changes alone is a huge Nerf.

But on Top an Ascendancy Nerf for Necromancer? That is going way to far and is, in my opinion, absolutely not balanced anymore.

Lower the damage for top tier spectres and lower the damage for Golems.
That would all you need to do. But you, GGG, "playing" only min/max with Builds. Keep them good or kill them. So sad.
Still waiting for SST buff,, would think it qualified as underused skill :/
No matter if the nerfs to summoners were justified, you couldnt find a worse time for them.

We are still inside a Pandemic, it would have been wiser to wait with those nerfs, as the game surely was an escape for many out there and might now no longer be.
Last edited by Ygidua on Jan 11, 2021, 6:33:17 PM
I'm not impress by what I saw. A lot of nerf. The new skill and support seem really niche. So I hope that the "buff" to skill are way better otherwise there's not much new for a player like me who can't make it pass yellow map.
"
Vaildez wrote:
I hear ya man... I am in my late 30s and I always get severe carpal tunnel every league. I mostly play Spectre builds and even then I am still spamming the crap out of spells and flasks.

Yup, also late 30s, also severely limited on what builds I can play because they're too spammy. I tried to start heist with hexblast and ended up giving up on it (and the league).

At this point I require the following out of a build if I'm going to play it:

1. 1-button win. No two+ stage castings like hexblast, fb/ice nova, desecrate/remation, etc. Or zero button like minions, of course.

2. Not flask reliant.

3. Moves by running, rather than spamming a movement ability.

This actually crosses a huge number of builds off the list, and it seems like their design emphasis is going to be further trying to move away from 1 button builds. I understand from a design point of view why you might favor that, but at the pace this game plays, a multi-button attack cycle is murder on the wrists.
As I expected, you guys really nerfed golemancer. Good job GGG! taking away all the fun.
I Believe I Can Fly ~~~~
"
Aroxim wrote:
"
Funny to see how all minion/golem players crybabying cuz GGG just nerfed the most popular type of build.
I'd say that aurastack and carrion golem builds should be nerfed again, cuz they are just stupid.

And while every summoner crying about being nerfed for 10-20%, melee still being dead and not a single summoner even noticing that every melee skill is just 100x times inferior to summons. And currency investment should be astronomical for melee build so they can be on par with some carrion golem 30ex worth build.

If 30% of the whole league playing on minions than THEY SHOULD BE NERFED.

Well to be honest I do agree with you.
We ARE too strong. I mean... I'm playing so called by everyone apparently "weak skelletons" build right now on standard and clearing red maps without a trouble on like 1ex budget is really OP I guess. Im still not very experienced in this game tho. But I've immediately fallen in love with minion archetype here.

No one's saying skeletons are so weak they can't clear red maps.

The critique comes from the fact that compared to most other builds, skeletons fall extremely short in league encounters, especially in red maps. You struggle with Legion, Delirium, Delve, Breach (juiced maps), and Incursion (especially on juiced maps).
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
I'm soo happy about all those nerfs(hope to see more), they're logically correct, keep the great job u doing, the more harder the game become, the more fun u'll get. Thanks to all GGG team for everything, keep it up! Don't listen to whiners/casuals, if they don't like nerfs, they should play some shitty game like D3.
IGN: Rngrofl

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info