[3.15] Elemental Hit Ballista Totem Hiero | Budget Friendly | League Start to Endgame

"
Gomlll wrote:
I am thinking about league starting with this build in group ssf (with ~6 people).My plan is to level with Holy Flame Totem and then farm a tabula.

Then I plan on switching to ele hit and I will keep using the tabula until I get a frostferno. I should be able to find the required uniques since we are playing with 6 people. Is it doable to use ele hit before that time or should I keep the holy flame totem until I find the jewels/bow/helm? Also I think I will go hierophant it seems like the safest option any thoughts on this?

If anyone has experience with this build in ssf let me know ;).

Frostferno is locked behind a prophecy. Im not an SSF player but I would assume anything related to prohephecies wont be avaible to you (maybe even throughout the whole league)
Any serious gamer tried to speed level this build to maps? I have tried Holy Flame Totem, Firewall, Fireball setup. Without smoke mine and going from act 2 onwards, this is still super slow.

I thought about any kind of stormblast mine / armabrand but hadent have the time to look into it yet. Also the tree going towards acrobatics looks really scuffed and i dont know how well the lost travel notes would carry me...

Thoughts?
"
leolo wrote:
"
bartpio wrote:
I switched early maps without jewels. It was a struggle although better than flame totems.

Still expect to have troubles untill you get both combat focus jewels.
They are more important than frostferno.

About frostferno - it is hard to get it in SSF.
But you have a better option.

Find influenced helmet - i think it was shaper one. Use essence to craft 30% more elemental damage and pray for hypothermia and some life mod.

In terms of damage it is better than frostferno.

Hi, one thing I didn't understand about this helmet craft is converting cold to fire. I never played a build with elemental hit so sry if my question is stupid. With this helmet, we lose lvl30 covertfiretocold. Don't we need that to make elemental hit always uses fire? How does it work?

The damage type EH use and the conversion are two different things.
The damage type EH select is forced to always fire by the used threshold jewels.
Part of the lightning and part of the cold damage is still present but EH as the jewel states, it cannot deal any other type of damage other than the selected. Thats why converting that lightning and cold damage is a good idea.
That said, i think since Betrayal(?) league the treshold jewels added a 50% penalty to the damage it blocked from being selected. So converting that 50% damage is good , but not mandatory as before , before that change using Frostferno made using 2 Call of the Brotherhood almost mandatory, at least from a dps point of view.No Frostferno? usually a Pyre was almost mandatory , etc.
At current EH state , is not the best option to convert all the lightning and cold damage to fire because the sacrifices you have to make for that but it still good if you dont sacrifce much to convert as much as you can.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2844110
"
bartpio wrote:

Plus, we still do not know how this chainbreaker will work. Maybe it only means we put our totems, wait 3 seconds and then burst bosses down with berserk.

Nope, say goodbye to lethal pride. It got hammered into oblivion. GGG just telling us: "This has allowed us to keep Chainbreaker functional", which is b*lshit.
Last edited by Kharadas on Apr 14, 2021, 6:42:26 PM
"
Nope, say goodbye to lethal pride. It got hammered into oblivion. GGG just telling us: "This has allowed us to keep Chainbreaker functional", which is b*lshit.

I really don't understand what will be the new chainbreaker. We will spend rage when summoning Totem ?

I don't see why it's build's breaking.
Can someone explain me please ?
"
kikeuy wrote:
"
leolo wrote:
"
bartpio wrote:
I switched early maps without jewels. It was a struggle although better than flame totems.

Still expect to have troubles untill you get both combat focus jewels.
They are more important than frostferno.

About frostferno - it is hard to get it in SSF.
But you have a better option.

Find influenced helmet - i think it was shaper one. Use essence to craft 30% more elemental damage and pray for hypothermia and some life mod.

In terms of damage it is better than frostferno.

Hi, one thing I didn't understand about this helmet craft is converting cold to fire. I never played a build with elemental hit so sry if my question is stupid. With this helmet, we lose lvl30 covertfiretocold. Don't we need that to make elemental hit always uses fire? How does it work?

The damage type EH use and the conversion are two different things.
The damage type EH select is forced to always fire by the used threshold jewels.
Part of the lightning and part of the cold damage is still present but EH as the jewel states, it cannot deal any other type of damage other than the selected. Thats why converting that lightning and cold damage is a good idea.
That said, i think since Betrayal(?) league the treshold jewels added a 50% penalty to the damage it blocked from being selected. So converting that 50% damage is good , but not mandatory as before , before that change using Frostferno made using 2 Call of the Brotherhood almost mandatory, at least from a dps point of view.No Frostferno? usually a Pyre was almost mandatory , etc.
At current EH state , is not the best option to convert all the lightning and cold damage to fire because the sacrifices you have to make for that but it still good if you dont sacrifce much to convert as much as you can.

Thank you for a detailed explanation. I don't have much crafting experience but I will try to craft this helm :)
"
finiarel wrote:
"

I really don't understand what will be the new chainbreaker. We will spend rage when summoning Totem ?

I don't see why it's build's breaking.
Can someone explain me please ?

Welp, based on the math and my admittedly limited understanding of the situation, we have the following:

Pool of 50 rage with a regen rate of 7.8 rage per sec.

Two skill games that will use rage - Ele Hit totem using 6 (3 * 1.2 * 1.2 * 1.4) and berserk which drains more and more over time.

This means summoning all 7 totems will now deplete 42 rage, making berserk useless until rage regens.

It will take ~5.4 sec to regen the rage. Assuming no totems die, mobs live long enough, etc etc etc.

It is assumed by most that without a high up time of berserk, chainbreaker is not worth the investment.

OP (and many many others) are working on a replacement. Build is probably not dead, just more expensive.

My dumb idea is Dance With Death and replacing Kaom's with a 6link.
Last edited by Soulos on Apr 15, 2021, 7:35:29 AM
"
kikeuy wrote:
You think it could be possibly abused on some build? with this change they nerfed miners but might open new abuses xd.

For our totems, it definitely comes with some sacrifices , for me it would mostly the ring since i can go low life with new announced gem and still having "overleech" so the belt wont be that much of a loss but will see how does it work on actual new patch , for me the worst of loosing rage is in the clear speed more than being able to use Berserk but no rage/berserk it will still be viable anyway , clearly nerfed , maybe clunkier , but viable.

Well, there so many builds in POE, we never know when one will pop out and take full advantage of this "Unlimited Rage Regen". We will find out in time to come! ;)

Definitely a nerf without Rage/Berserk but build is fine. I think its just that people who are used to having Berserk will have to adjust to playing without it and more upgrades are now needed to tackle the higher end content in game.
My 3.15 take/update to Lunasicc187's OneShotKill Elemental Hit Hierophant Guide

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3005581
"
Vei wrote:
"
kikeuy wrote:
You think it could be possibly abused on some build? with this change they nerfed miners but might open new abuses xd.

For our totems, it definitely comes with some sacrifices , for me it would mostly the ring since i can go low life with new announced gem and still having "overleech" so the belt wont be that much of a loss but will see how does it work on actual new patch , for me the worst of loosing rage is in the clear speed more than being able to use Berserk but no rage/berserk it will still be viable anyway , clearly nerfed , maybe clunkier , but viable.

Well, there so many builds in POE, we never know when one will pop out and take full advantage of this "Unlimited Rage Regen". We will find out in time to come! ;)

Definitely a nerf without Rage/Berserk but build is fine. I think its just that people who are used to having Berserk will have to adjust to playing without it and more upgrades are now needed to tackle the higher end content in game.

Just to clarify because after rereading myself the message sounded kinda bleak , the build will be more than viable.
Most probably will be a lot more grindier to get to the point of taking down everything easy and comfortably. If you have experience with the build you probably can take most of endgame with both Combat Focus and a Tabula to be honest , maybe not easy or comfortably but i think it is viable with enough character and gem levels.
If you are not experienced on the build maybe you will have to dial down just a little what content you are doing until you get to the point the build it mostly finished and you start minmaxing some things or until you get the feel of the build(its very easy to play , so it wont be that long before that happens).
As soon as you get both Combat Focus and a 6l or Frostferno/similar most of the atlas its very easy with or without Rage/Berserk.
The build is clearly nerfed(lots of build were) , the journey will be a lot more grindier and that's it. Once you get some nice items you will be able to take down most if not all content easily.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2844110
"
kikeuy wrote:
Just to clarify because after rereading myself the message sounded kinda bleak , the build will be more than viable.
Most probably will be a lot more grindier to get to the point of taking down everything easy and comfortably. If you have experience with the build you probably can take most of endgame with both Combat Focus and a Tabula to be honest , maybe not easy or comfortably but i think it is viable with enough character and gem levels.
If you are not experienced on the build maybe you will have to dial down just a little what content you are doing until you get to the point the build it mostly finished and you start minmaxing some things or until you get the feel of the build(its very easy to play , so it wont be that long before that happens).
As soon as you get both Combat Focus and a 6l or Frostferno/similar most of the atlas its very easy with or without Rage/Berserk.
The build is clearly nerfed(lots of build were) , the journey will be a lot more grindier and that's it. Once you get some nice items you will be able to take down most if not all content easily.

Having played this build for so many leagues, I totally agree with you :)
My 3.15 take/update to Lunasicc187's OneShotKill Elemental Hit Hierophant Guide

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3005581

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info