[3.15] Elemental Hit Ballista Totem Hiero | Budget Friendly | League Start to Endgame

"
bartpio wrote:
Not necessary...

Remember we have a valid low life option now :)

Plus, we still do not know how this chainbreaker will work. Maybe it only means we put our totems, wait 3 seconds and then burst bosses down with berserk.

We'll see. For sure i am starting with this build.
You just need quill rain, tabula and 2 jewels to cruise through T15/T16.

With 10 ex budget (which you can easily gather within 2 days from start using chaos recipe) you will be running smoothly end game. Ok, you will not melt sirius in 3 seconds, but it will take you 10.

In my opinion this build is still 100% valid without any problem.

Remember that:

1. Helmet enchants will be easier to get.
2. Temple corruption will be easier to get.
3. You can easily replace frostferno with Helmet with 30% more ele damage and Hypothermia.

Plenty of options.

Totems will rule once again :)
Do you mean Not necessary as chainbreaker not needed or chainbreaker no need to be removed?
At some early point on 3.13 i tested Chains of Emancipation with Rotblood promise(Temporal Chains on it) , TC on left mouse click(activate/deactivate tc by walking).
Beserk sustain was pretty good , on tandem with Chainbreaker was very good.
The problem was that mana reservation "consumed" mana , so on top of the belt and ring slot and taking down an aura making mana space for TC you also have to either use a mana flask(by using i meant mash the hell out of it) or swap amulet to Soltice Vigil.
It was decent but you had to make lots of sacrifices , so why im bringing that now? well, the changes to mana reservation for 3.14 probably will make using this mechanic a lot smoother since auras will not consume mana anymore , sacrifices are still needed so it will have benefits and downsides but the nerfs will affect the builds one way or another. It just another option since Chainbreaker situation doesnt look good at first sight.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2844110
Ritual League i went with Raider it was very good on low budget.
Do you folks think it will be still good?
"
Sazzbot wrote:
Do you mean Not necessary as chainbreaker not needed or chainbreaker no need to be removed?

I played on SSF without chainbreaker and it was fine. Dmg was not as good as on the standard and required more positioning on the bosses but it was fine. And remember that it was SSF so items were meh ...

Talking about PoB:

Current gear (without dmg focused belt, just Headhunter there):

Sirius DPS: 3.7 mio per totem. With good belt above 4.1 mio.

Setting Rage to 0 and removing berserk and chainbreaker notable: 2.2 mio per totem. With good dps belt more.

This translates to 14+ Mio sustainable Sirius DPS. 30 mio+ non sirius dps.
More than enough to run everything.

Actually i believe that after couple of days of the league we will find new interactions that will buff us up more. As i said previously - my build is missing helment enchant which should be easier to get this league. We can shift from Frostferno to rare helmet for DPS increase.

God knows what other interactions we will find with new changes - remember we are the attack build :)

I believe there will be plenty of options.

Plus as i've mentioned - we do not know how Chainbreaker will work. For now we can have only math. We might see that it's unusable, but we could also see that it works fine.

IMO Build is still more than valid. :)
"
Dragonnik1 wrote:

Nothing specific on Raider was changed so if you had a good experience with Raider during Ritual, I believe it will be the same this league. Just be ready for the adjustments required for the bench crafted -Mana nerf unless you plan to use an Enduring Mana Flask.

"
12d8_ wrote:
Yeah, I am interested to league start with this build as well.

I tried removing Berserk on PoB and the damage loss is significant.
I didn't had a replacement for now, as I don't know the build (and the game) well enough. Looking forward to see what you guys will find out to compensate. :)
I hope somthing great will emerge, as the build seems to be lot of fun, and the guide is really well written!

Thanks and congrats Vei for your hard work!

Thank you!

"
kikeuy wrote:
At some early point on 3.13 i tested Chains of Emancipation with Rotblood promise(Temporal Chains on it) , TC on left mouse click(activate/deactivate tc by walking).
The problem was that mana reservation "consumed" mana , so on top of the belt and ring slot and taking down an aura making mana space for TC you also have to either use a mana flask(by using i meant mash the hell out of it) or swap amulet to Soltice Vigil.
It was decent but you had to make lots of sacrifices , so why im bringing that now? well, the changes to mana reservation for 3.14 probably will make using this mechanic a lot smoother since auras will not consume mana anymore , sacrifices are still needed so it will have benefits and downsides but the nerfs will affect the builds one way or another. It just another option since Chainbreaker situation doesnt look good at first sight.

"Unlimited Rage Refill" is pretty insane though the cost are definitely quite substantial:

- 1 less Ring for -Mana and Resist
- Stygian Vise for Abyss Jewel Socket and Resist(We get Chaos Resist from the Belt)
- Abyss Jewel for Taunt and Blind
- 1 less Aura(Grace or Summon Skitterbot)
- More button pressing

I have both items ready to test when 3.14 goes live.

Thanks for sharing your idea, mind blowing ones as always :)

P.S. I have a feeling someone will take your idea elsewhere and put it to Good Use and that might not be too good for it, if you get what I mean ;)

My 3.15 take/update to Lunasicc187's OneShotKill Elemental Hit Hierophant Guide

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3005581
"
bartpio wrote:
"
Sazzbot wrote:

I played on SSF without chainbreaker and it was fine. Dmg was not as good as on the standard and required more positioning on the bosses but it was fine. And remember that it was SSF so items were meh ...

Talking about PoB:

Current gear (without dmg focused belt, just Headhunter there):

Sirius DPS: 3.7 mio per totem. With good belt above 4.1 mio.

Setting Rage to 0 and removing berserk and chainbreaker notable: 2.2 mio per totem. With good dps belt more.

This translates to 14+ Mio sustainable Sirius DPS. 30 mio+ non sirius dps.
More than enough to run everything.

Actually i believe that after couple of days of the league we will find new interactions that will buff us up more. As i said previously - my build is missing helment enchant which should be easier to get this league. We can shift from Frostferno to rare helmet for DPS increase.

God knows what other interactions we will find with new changes - remember we are the attack build :)

I believe there will be plenty of options.

Plus as i've mentioned - we do not know how Chainbreaker will work. For now we can have only math. We might see that it's unusable, but we could also see that it works fine.

IMO Build is still more than valid. :)

Thanks for explaining and the info.
"
Vei wrote:
"
Dragonnik1 wrote:

Nothing specific on Raider was changed so if you had a good experience with Raider during Ritual, I believe it will be the same this league. Just be ready for the adjustments required for the bench crafted -Mana nerf unless you plan to use an Enduring Mana Flask.

"
12d8_ wrote:
Yeah, I am interested to league start with this build as well.

I tried removing Berserk on PoB and the damage loss is significant.
I didn't had a replacement for now, as I don't know the build (and the game) well enough. Looking forward to see what you guys will find out to compensate. :)
I hope somthing great will emerge, as the build seems to be lot of fun, and the guide is really well written!

Thanks and congrats Vei for your hard work!

Thank you!

"
kikeuy wrote:

"Unlimited Rage Refill" is pretty insane though the cost are definitely quite substantial:

- 1 less Ring for -Mana and Resist
- Stygian Vise for Abyss Jewel Socket and Resist(We get Chaos Resist from the Belt)
- Abyss Jewel for Taunt and Blind
- 1 less Aura(Grace or Summon Skitterbot)
- More button pressing

I have both items ready to test when 3.14 goes live.

Thanks for sharing your idea, mind blowing ones as always :)

P.S. I have a feeling someone will take your idea elsewhere and put it to Good Use and that might not be too good for it, if you get what I mean ;)

You think it could be possibly abused on some build? with this change they nerfed miners but might open new abuses xd.

For our totems, it definitely comes with some sacrifices , for me it would mostly the ring since i can go low life with new announced gem and still having "overleech" so the belt wont be that much of a loss but will see how does it work on actual new patch , for me the worst of loosing rage is in the clear speed more than being able to use Berserk but no rage/berserk it will still be viable anyway , clearly nerfed , maybe clunkier , but viable.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2844110
I am thinking about league starting with this build in group ssf (with ~6 people).My plan is to level with Holy Flame Totem and then farm a tabula.

Then I plan on switching to ele hit and I will keep using the tabula until I get a frostferno. I should be able to find the required uniques since we are playing with 6 people. Is it doable to use ele hit before that time or should I keep the holy flame totem until I find the jewels/bow/helm? Also I think I will go hierophant it seems like the safest option any thoughts on this?

If anyone has experience with this build in ssf let me know ;).
I switched early maps without jewels. It was a struggle although better than flame totems.

Still expect to have troubles untill you get both combat focus jewels.
They are more important than frostferno.

About frostferno - it is hard to get it in SSF.
But you have a better option.

Find influenced helmet - i think it was shaper one. Use essence to craft 30% more elemental damage and pray for hypothermia and some life mod.

In terms of damage it is better than frostferno.

"
bartpio wrote:
I switched early maps without jewels. It was a struggle although better than flame totems.

Still expect to have troubles untill you get both combat focus jewels.
They are more important than frostferno.

About frostferno - it is hard to get it in SSF.
But you have a better option.

Find influenced helmet - i think it was shaper one. Use essence to craft 30% more elemental damage and pray for hypothermia and some life mod.

In terms of damage it is better than frostferno.

Hi, one thing I didn't understand about this helmet craft is converting cold to fire. I never played a build with elemental hit so sry if my question is stupid. With this helmet, we lose lvl30 covertfiretocold. Don't we need that to make elemental hit always uses fire? How does it work?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info