[3.15] Elemental Hit Ballista Totem Hiero | Budget Friendly | League Start to Endgame

"
I don't really want to say it here but I am not having high hopes for Chainbreaker to be still usable in a practical way with the upcoming "changes". The good thing is, if Chainbreaker is not used, Mana will much less tighter(Especially for Hiero) which means this build will be a bit less dependant on the -Mana bench craft on ring.

I just hope the build will stay strong without Chainbreaker.
If it's possible this is a good news since I don't really like to use rage mechanic.
Seems this build didn't get touched that much except for chainbreaker so this is going to be my league starter...seems super fun and i have never played Ballista before so going to be something new :-)
Same here - will start with it. If it does not work there is always an option to switch to Iron Commander ballistas or other totem build :)

So if we don't use the chainbreaker notable anymore, that means we have more mana regeneration. Should this solve the mana problem for Ascendant & Raider or it is not enough? (assuming -mana cost rings)
Last edited by haitike on Apr 14, 2021, 6:13:16 AM
"
haitike wrote:
So if we don't use the chainbreaker notable anymore, that means we have more mana regeneration. Should this solve the mana problem for Ascendant & Raider or it is not enough? (assuming -mana cost rings)

But you lose dps from chainbreaker when not using from what I understood.
I have not played this build yet just following this forum thread and see what everyone thinks.
Last edited by Sazzbot on Apr 14, 2021, 6:56:09 AM
DPS loss is there for sure, but this will mean drop from 32 to 25 Mio sirius dps. So not a big issue.

I am more worried about loss of clear speed and defence.

[Edit]

Just calculated - without berserk we loose 35% sirius dmg. So the dmg loss is there. We will have to see how th emechanic works exactly.
Last edited by bartpio on Apr 14, 2021, 7:35:06 AM
Yeah, I am interested to league start with this build as well.

I tried removing Berserk on PoB and the damage loss is significant.
I didn't had a replacement for now, as I don't know the build (and the game) well enough. Looking forward to see what you guys will find out to compensate. :)
I hope somthing great will emerge, as the build seems to be lot of fun, and the guide is really well written!

Thanks and congrats Vei for your hard work!
"
bartpio wrote:
DPS loss is there for sure, but this will mean drop from 32 to 25 Mio sirius dps. So not a big issue.

I am more worried about loss of clear speed and defence.

[Edit]

Just calculated - without berserk we loose 35% sirius dmg. So the dmg loss is there. We will have to see how th emechanic works exactly.

replica shroud with abyss jewels is an option.
(Budget goes out the window though)
Not necessary...

Remember we have a valid low life option now :)

Plus, we still do not know how this chainbreaker will work. Maybe it only means we put our totems, wait 3 seconds and then burst bosses down with berserk.

We'll see. For sure i am starting with this build.
You just need quill rain, tabula and 2 jewels to cruise through T15/T16.

With 10 ex budget (which you can easily gather within 2 days from start using chaos recipe) you will be running smoothly end game. Ok, you will not melt sirius in 3 seconds, but it will take you 10.

In my opinion this build is still 100% valid without any problem.

Remember that:

1. Helmet enchants will be easier to get.
2. Temple corruption will be easier to get.
3. You can easily replace frostferno with Helmet with 30% more ele damage and Hypothermia.

Plenty of options.

Totems will rule once again :)
Last edited by bartpio on Apr 14, 2021, 9:54:33 AM
"
haitike wrote:

Below are some numbers for suggested amount of -Mana Cost to get for Ascendant and Raider base on various scenarios, with and without Chainbreaker and whether we helped Alira or Eramir.

Some additional info
- Ascendant is based on having 100% Mana Regeneration(60% from Frostferno and 40% from the small passive on top left of Scion starting area buffed by 2 Might of the Meek)
- Raider is based on having 60% Mana Regeneration (From Frostferno)
- These are based on using Frostferno with the default 4 Gems, Ele Hit(Level 21), Ballista Totem, Combustion and EDWA

Suggested Amount of "Non-Channelling Skills have (-X) to Total Mana Cost" to have for various scenarios

Helped Alira and using Chainbreaker
Ascendant and Raider: -18

Helped Alira no Chainbreaker used
Ascendant: -10
Raider: -12

Helped Eramir and using Chainbreaker
Ascendant and Raider: -21

Helped Eramir no Chainbreaker used
Ascendant: -16
Raider: -18

Please take the above as a rough approximate as everyone's playing style is different, some like to spam totems, some not. Plus Totem Placement Speed is also another factor to consider. The number should be good enough for normal use.

Will add the above my [3.14] Initial Thoughts/Comments Section so it can referenced easily in the future when I have a bit more time.
My 3.15 take/update to Lunasicc187's OneShotKill Elemental Hit Hierophant Guide

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3005581

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info