[3.15] Elemental Hit Ballista Totem Hiero | Budget Friendly | League Start to Endgame

"
Vei wrote:
"
vegeta1991 wrote:
My damage feels really bad, clear is great but bosses in high reds take forever, i feel kind off like a glass cannon too. anyone cares to take a look at my character?

Honestly im fine with not doing much damage, but dying all the time is really frustrating

Defense

1. Evasion Issues

You basically have 0% Evasion.

That could be the reason why you are dying all the time.

I see that you swapped Grace for Haste, and your gear don't have much Evasion based ones e.g. Gloves are ES base, Boots are Armour based.

Which means your only evasion source is practically just Frostferno(Which is very little) and that single blind on hit Abyss jewel which only gives 50% evasion after the enemy is blinded. Before the enemy is blinded, you are basically eating 100% of the enemy shots.

After you get hit, Wind Dancer's Keystone's

"20% more Evasion Rating if you've been Hit Recently"

can only boost that Frostferno's meager 579 Evasion which basically does nothing.

My suggestion would definitely be using back the Grace Aura and to convert to some Evasion Based Gear when you can(I see your gear is pretty good so might be hard to find an evasion based replacement easily), after which, Wind Dancer and Blind on Hit can be a more effective and better layer of Defense.

2. Setting up Enlighten for Auras and getting 2x -Mana Source

The next thing will be going for 2 x -mana craft. I see both your rings happen to be able to craft Prefix on them so you can go for 2x "Non-Channelling Skills have (-7) to Total Mana Cost" bench craft on them. This will ensure you always have mana to cast your Level 1 Immortal Call when it's triggered which is 25% Less Damage, very very important.

After that is done, work on getting Level 3 Enlighten and linking it to Grace + Skitterbot + Precision so they will reserve less mana.

The final step will be leveling your Cast When Damage Taken to level 10 and Immortal Call to Level 12. This will provide another additional 5-6% Less Physical and Elemental Damage.

All this Damage reduction is calculated Multiplicatively so they really help a lot.

DPS

Your gear is pretty good now, the biggest DPS upgrade you are missing is a +2/+4 Frostferno.

Besides that, you can go for a corrupted Quill Rain with 14-18% Increased Critical Strike Implicit, this is a smaller DPS boost compared to Frostferno's but much cheaper also.

Also, I think you might have used the wrong Catalyst on your Rings. I saw Intrinsic(Attribute) Catalyst on your Rings, should have been Turbulent(Elemental) Catalyst.

I hope the above helps.

Regards

"
ry3u2 wrote:
hi, i am sorry cant find info in guide probably u answered this before, but i dont getm sometimes my blood rage buff refresh when my ballistas kill somebody but most of the time no, same with onslaught on kill while affected by haste watcher, i dont get how it works, sorry for bad eng i hope u can understand :D

Hi,

The reason for everything you say is because when the enemy dies from Ignite Damage, it is counted as our kill, so our Blood Rage buff will refresh, etc.

Totem kills doesn't count as our kill so they won't refresh Blood Rage.

Hope that explains.

Regards

Thank you, the way you reply to people is insane, you are a legend. I changed boots and gloves wasnt as expensive as i thought thanks for the tips! Is there any way changing quill rain can be a improvement?

I really struggle with Sirus too, Lost all 6 portals twice now only Awakener level 5, maybe im just playing the build really really poorly, but i love the playstyle. haven't had issues like this before, so thats why i come here i make the build work better so i thank you for the help. have only to find a jade flask now instead of granite and im good on that too.

Im at 100% hit chance without precision so i can just skip that, right? enlighten i can buy but only got 2 ex atm and i think best move is to spare for a +2 frostferno, seems like a big dps boost ( i hope )
So no word on if you like
or not cus i love it. instant kills the entire screen even on juiced T15s

like a better version of tornado shot usually kills a pack before i get my third totem out with insane placement speed

and TBH cus we cant shotgun with totems ( any extra projectiles pass through a boss no need to take it off unless you need extreme damage

also how is my Gear. i need a critique on what i need other then +2/+4 frostferno
Last edited by Dextera on Jul 29, 2021, 6:02:33 PM
"
Dextera wrote:

like a better version of tornado shot usually kills a pack before i get my third totem out with insane placement speed

without this amulet the entire screen too.
"
vegeta1991 wrote:
"
Dextera wrote:

without this amulet the entire screen too.

with one single totem and a single shot? i only usually place one totem at a time when running through packs

when i dont use it it takes a few volleys to clear a pack
Last edited by Dextera on Jul 29, 2021, 6:04:36 PM
"
Vei wrote:

And I have a tip for you to add to your big DPS since you are not using Ancestral Bond. Wave of Conviction for Exposure if you don't mind the additional button

Raider gets -20% elemental exposure already from ascendency so I don't think that will work
"
vegeta1991 wrote:
Thank you, the way you reply to people is insane, you are a legend.

Thank you! Very happy to hear that! :)

Sorry I already went to sleep before I saw your message thus I can't reply you earlier.

"
vegeta1991 wrote:
Is there any way changing quill rain can be a improvement?

You can do a weapon swap and use Chin Sol(Note the Dex requirement) for Boss if you don't mind playing at Close Range to take advantage of the additional damage at Close Range. Otherwise it will be going for rare bow, which if we want to craft one, and that is very costly, I think we might as well just switch to a 6 Link Elemental Hit Setup on a Rare Bow.

With regards to 6 Link Elemental Hit Setup, I never explored it myself so I don't have really anything to recommend for that other than referring to some past league Poe.Ninja top Ele Hit DPS characters. Some are using 6 Link Elemental Hit Setup.

"
vegeta1991 wrote:
I really struggle with Sirus too, Lost all 6 portals twice now only Awakener level 5, maybe im just playing the build really really poorly, but i love the playstyle. haven't had issues like this before, so thats why i come here i make the build work better so i thank you for the help. have only to find a jade flask now instead of granite and im good on that too.

No problem! Unfortunately I can only help on looking for any issues on your build setup and point out any key problems.

Many builds including this got hit hard with the DPS nerfs(We didn't got away lightly also) and fights definitely last longer now, I think maybe that could be a factor too.

"
vegeta1991 wrote:
Im at 100% hit chance without precision so i can just skip that, right? enlighten i can buy but only got 2 ex atm and i think best move is to spare for a +2 frostferno, seems like a big dps boost ( i hope )

Yes, Precision is there mainly to enable us to use a Watcher's Eye Precision mods, so you can skip that if you are not using a Watcher's Eye with Precision Mods.

"
Dextera wrote:

and TBH cus we cant shotgun with totems ( any extra projectiles pass through a boss no need to take it off unless you need extreme damage

I actually posted my thoughts on Fury Valve 5 pages back. Here's a link to the post.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3005581/page/110#p24218930

Sounds like it's perfect for you! :)

"
Dextera wrote:
also how is my Gear. i need a critique on what i need other then +2/+4 frostferno

Base on the equipment you are using, Your upgrade path is pretty straightforward, you can follow "26. Upgrade Reference List" in the guide. I'll list some of them here with some additional comments:

1. Level 21 Elemental Hit, 0% Quality - Straight forward DPS increase

2. Having 95%+ Chance to Hit - You are at 93% atm, Need to get more Flat Accuracy either on your Glove, Ring or Quiver. When we miss a shot, we potentially lose more than 1x DPS, because a miss shot doesn't pierce which means it could have potentially hit 1-3 more additional enemies. which means 1-3x more DPS!

3. Shaman's Dominion(Expensive)/Master Fletcher(Budget) Anoint on Amulet - Additional DPS just waiting to be added :)

Above points are taken from the "Top Value" Section, you can just continue with the list from the "Medium Value" Section.

"
Beverice wrote:
Raider gets -20% elemental exposure already from ascendency so I don't think that will work

Ah, I forgot Avatar of the Veil provides Exposure. Bummer!
My 3.15 take/update to Lunasicc187's OneShotKill Elemental Hit Hierophant Guide

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3005581
Elesshar posted a new veiled crafting video and the helmet is actually easier to make than it was last league.

Once you isolate 30% more elemental damage + Hypothermia, all you need to do is
1. Craft 3 modifiers
2. Craft suffixes cannot be changed
3. Aisling bench (removes suffixes cannot be changed)
4. Unveil and pray
5. Craft the other two +1 stats

The reason you couldn't do this last league as you could not use Aisling bench while there was a crafted modifier on the item. This league you are able to do that.
Last edited by Beverice on Jul 30, 2021, 2:51:31 AM
"
Beverice wrote:
Elesshar posted a new veiled crafting video and the helmet is actually easier to make than it was last league.

Once you isolate 30% more elemental damage + Hypothermia, all you need to do is
1. Craft 3 modifiers
2. Craft suffixes cannot be changed
3. Aisling bench (removes suffixes cannot be changed)
4. Unveil and pray
5. Craft the other two +1 stats

The reason you couldn't do this last league as you could not use Aisling bench while there was a crafted modifier on the item. This league you are able to do that.

That's great news!

Updated the Pinned Announcement and also link to your post.

And I actually didn't know Elesshar before, subscribed to his channel now :)

Thanks so much for sharing!

Why is Blink arrow chosen? Won't the delayed move get us killed?
"
scorburel wrote:
Why is Blink arrow chosen? Won't the delayed move get us killed?

Where did you saw Blink Arrow?

Spoiler
You are in the wrong place if you saw that ;)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info