[3.15] Elemental Hit Ballista Totem Hiero | Budget Friendly | League Start to Endgame

"
Vei wrote:
Basically the current POB doesn't recognize these lines on the 2 Combat Focuses

- With 40 total Strength and Intelligence in Radius, Prismatic Skills deal 50% less Cold Damage
- With 40 total Dexterity and Strength in Radius, Prismatic Skills deal 50% less Lightning Damage

Oh wow that's insane. That makes a lot of sense for why my PoB damage looked so high but my in-game damage felt way worse
Last edited by Beverice on Jul 28, 2021, 7:59:32 PM
"
Vei wrote:
"
Hey0cean wrote:
Decided to try the suggested method with rare opal ring . Got it from cards for 9 c . Bought 2 Deafening Essence of Anger and on the second essence got this thing

Exported it to pob to compare with call of the brotherhood and call of the brotherhood catalysted is still 13.5 % better vs this ring dps wise according to PoB.

The stats of the ring for pob import
Spoiler

Storm Spiral
Opal Ring
Elder Item
CatalystQuality: 20
Item Level: 100
LevelReq: 80
Implicits: 1
30% increased Elemental Damage
40% increased Fire Damage
+41% to Fire Resistance
+24% to Lightning Resistance
42% increased Elemental Damage with Attack Skills
{crafted}+55 to maximum Life

Am i missing something?

Ok Ladies and Gentleman,

I am very happy announce the result of:

Round 2 of Vei VS POB

*For those who didn't know, Round 1 was that Combustion doing more DPS than Awaken Elemental Damage With Attacks... What???!!!

***Drum Roll***

Spoiler
Vei Wins!

Vei 2 : POB 0

Ok Enough of this(Nonsense)!(Imagine voice of Piety)

Short Answer: I am correct

Long Answer: Basically the current POB doesn't recognize these lines on the 2 Combat Focuses

- With 40 total Strength and Intelligence in Radius, Prismatic Skills deal 50% less Cold Damage
- With 40 total Dexterity and Strength in Radius, Prismatic Skills deal 50% less Lightning Damage

This can be seen if you mouse over the Combat Focus in POB where the text is in Red, which means POB is not factoring in this line of text in its calculation.

And that means:

1. Original Lightning Damage wasn't reduced by 50% due to Combat Focus(Lightning) penalty

2. When Call of the Brotherhood converted the Lightning Damage to Cold, the resulting Cold damage also wasn't reduce by 50% due to Combat Focus(Cold) penalty

Without all these Penalty, obviously Call of the Brotherhood is going to give a much much higher DPS compared to the Rare Opal Elder Ring since the FULL amount lightning damage is converted to Fire.

When the penalty is factored in, Rare Opal Elder Ring gives more DPS than Call of the Brotherhood.

That's the Story!

Alright guys, I'll be off the forums until tomorrow, hopefully no Round 3 of Vei VS POB waiting for me when I am back lol... ;)

just hit 1.1m dps on PoE ninja last night https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/Dassort/RATUAY?i=0&search=class%3DHierophant%26skill%3DElemental-Hit%26sort%3Ddps
but when i saw this i think i'll change call of brotherhood to rare opal ring cuz i have good number but in game that is not 1.1m per totems thanks Vei for your work again
"
Beverice wrote:
Hey Vei, just popping in to tell you another (easy-ish) upgrade we can get for more DPS. (You know me, big dps haha)

One HUGE caveat is that you can't have Ancestral bond.. Which makes this only viable for the raider variant i guess. (Using xoph's blood for AoF)

You can link combustion to frenzy to get the combustion debuff for that juicy damage. But yea I guess this is a pretty specific interaction with raider+xoph's blood.

Hey Beverice,

Thanks for the tip! I guess Ascendant or a Champion version could consider this setup too if they don't mind 1 less Totem from not taking Ancestral Bond.

And I have a tip for you to add to your big DPS since you are not using Ancestral Bond. Wave of Conviction for Exposure if you don't mind the additional button(I am sure you have a Gem Socket for it ;))

"
Beverice wrote:
"
Vei wrote:
Basically the current POB doesn't recognize these lines on the 2 Combat Focuses

Oh wow that's insane. That makes a lot of sense for why my PoB damage looked so high but my in-game damage felt way worse

Yeah the current POB Damage(Not the ones in this guide) are inflated numbers sadly. :(

"
Dassort wrote:
thanks Vei for your work again

No problem!

To anyone who wants to check their current real POB DPS, you can craft and add the old Combat Focus and use them in your POB to see the real POB DPS:

Here's the old Combat Focus Code:

Combat Focus Viridian(Lightning)
Combat Focus
Viridian Jewel
Item Level: 85
LevelReq: 32
Radius: Medium
Limited to: 2
Implicits: 0
15% increased Elemental Damage with Attack Skills
With 40 total Dexterity and Strength in Radius, Elemental Hit and Wild Strike deal 50% less Lightning Damage
With 40 total Dexterity and Strength in Radius, Elemental Hit and Wild Strike cannot choose Lightning
Combat Focus Crimson(Cold)
Combat Focus
Crimson Jewel
Item Level: 85
LevelReq: 32
Radius: Medium
Limited to: 2
Implicits: 0
15% increased Elemental Damage with Attack Skills
With 40 total Strength and Intelligence in Radius, Elemental Hit and Wild Strike deal 50% less Cold Damage
With 40 total Strength and Intelligence in Radius, Elemental Hit and Wild Strike cannot choose Cold

My 3.15 take/update to Lunasicc187's OneShotKill Elemental Hit Hierophant Guide

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3005581
Last edited by Vei on Jul 29, 2021, 5:23:18 AM
OK Fury Valve is so fucking OP for clear

just instant deletes whole screens of packs with a single totem i never take this thing off i love it unless i need to use barrage i change the amy
Hello, first time I go with this build and I'm loving the gameplay! On blight encounters it becomes the true tower defense gameplay lol.

Some thoughts:
-Leveling was a breeze, though at later acts the tabula route helps a lot.
-Had to pool all the jewel+fusing+chaos I got while leveling, league mechanics and a few chaos recipes to buy the rain of splinters + frostferno.
-Before getting the stygian belt + double effect jewel, I was using Gluttony (due to the frenzy+GMP+curse setup, it gives free culling strike, 100+ life, lots of mana and life on hit, and downsides are negligible for the build).

Regarding ailments, I wasnt too conviced by Grace (normal aura) so after leveling with Wanderlust I went with Artic Armour, which now also grants freeze immunity. It also frees mana for comfort, and not having to get an Enlighten gem.
I also got this drop, I'll replace it eventually but it's quite interesting:

On the gloves I got a veiled gloves drop with 77% increased damage with non-vaal skills during soul prevention, useful when popping Vaal Grace on tough situations.

Also since flasks were nerfed and Bottled Faith is hyper expensive, I'm going with this for automated extra comfort:

I also already blew up an extra Frostferno in the vaal temple corruptor, RIP.
Hello,
During leveling, at what point should I switch from Holy flame totem to Elemental hit?

Thanks.
Last edited by scorburel on Jul 29, 2021, 10:11:22 AM
"
scorburel wrote:
Hello,
During leveling, at what point should I switch from Holy flame totem to Elemental hit?

Thanks.

From my experience as soon as you get both Combat Focuses you can add Quill Rain and Drillneck or Skirmish and you are good to go. It would be even better if you can get Tabula since you can add Pierce Support and Lesser Projectiles Support.
My damage feels really bad, clear is great but bosses in high reds take forever, i feel kind off like a glass cannon too. anyone cares to take a look at my character?

Honestly im fine with not doing much damage, but dying all the time is really frustrating
Last edited by vegeta1991 on Jul 29, 2021, 2:13:45 PM
hi, i am sorry cant find info in guide probably u answered this before, but i dont getm sometimes my blood rage buff refresh when my ballistas kill somebody but most of the time no, same with onslaught on kill while affected by haste watcher, i dont get how it works, sorry for bad eng i hope u can understand :D
Last edited by ry3u2 on Jul 29, 2021, 2:34:24 PM
"
vegeta1991 wrote:
My damage feels really bad, clear is great but bosses in high reds take forever, i feel kind off like a glass cannon too. anyone cares to take a look at my character?

Honestly im fine with not doing much damage, but dying all the time is really frustrating

Defense

1. Evasion Issues

You basically have 0% Evasion.

That could be the reason why you are dying all the time.

I see that you swapped Grace for Haste, and your gear don't have much Evasion based ones e.g. Gloves are ES base, Boots are Armour based.

Which means your only evasion source is practically just Frostferno(Which is very little) and that single blind on hit Abyss jewel which only gives 50% evasion after the enemy is blinded. Before the enemy is blinded, you are basically eating 100% of the enemy shots.

After you get hit, Wind Dancer's Keystone's

"20% more Evasion Rating if you've been Hit Recently"

can only boost that Frostferno's meager 579 Evasion which basically does nothing.

My suggestion would definitely be using back the Grace Aura and to convert to some Evasion Based Gear when you can(I see your gear is pretty good so might be hard to find an evasion based replacement easily), after which, Wind Dancer and Blind on Hit can be a more effective and better layer of Defense.

2. Setting up Enlighten for Auras and getting 2x -Mana Source

The next thing will be going for 2 x -mana craft. I see both your rings happen to be able to craft Prefix on them so you can go for 2x "Non-Channelling Skills have (-7) to Total Mana Cost" bench craft on them. This will ensure you always have mana to cast your Level 1 Immortal Call when it's triggered which is 25% Less Damage, very very important.

After that is done, work on getting Level 3 Enlighten and linking it to Grace + Skitterbot + Precision so they will reserve less mana.

The final step will be leveling your Cast When Damage Taken to level 10 and Immortal Call to Level 12. This will provide another additional 5-6% Less Physical and Elemental Damage.

All this Damage reduction is calculated Multiplicatively so they really help a lot.

DPS

Your gear is pretty good now, the biggest DPS upgrade you are missing is a +2/+4 Frostferno.

Besides that, you can go for a corrupted Quill Rain with 14-18% Increased Critical Strike Implicit, this is a smaller DPS boost compared to Frostferno's but much cheaper also.

Also, I think you might have used the wrong Catalyst on your Rings. I saw Intrinsic(Attribute) Catalyst on your Rings, should have been Turbulent(Elemental) Catalyst.

I hope the above helps.

Regards

"
ry3u2 wrote:
hi, i am sorry cant find info in guide probably u answered this before, but i dont getm sometimes my blood rage buff refresh when my ballistas kill somebody but most of the time no, same with onslaught on kill while affected by haste watcher, i dont get how it works, sorry for bad eng i hope u can understand :D

Hi,

The reason for everything you say is because when the enemy dies from Ignite Damage, it is counted as our kill, so our Blood Rage buff will refresh, etc.

Totem kills doesn't count as our kill so they won't refresh Blood Rage.

Hope that explains.

Regards

My 3.15 take/update to Lunasicc187's OneShotKill Elemental Hit Hierophant Guide

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3005581

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info