[3.15] Elemental Hit Ballista Totem Hiero | Budget Friendly | League Start to Endgame

"
scorflex wrote:
So, i start another character ! I have a question for levellin process, when can we start use ballista totem + EH (i have a tabula, an can buy all gems since it's my 2nd character) ?
Or do we still use holy flame totem until we can equip frostferno and / or Skirmish ?

You can switch over once you can socket all 3 Jewels(2 x Combat Focus and 1 x Rain of Splinters) which is around Level 30+ if you take the Jewel Socket(Respec these 3 Passive Point off later) above Resolute Technique Keystone in addition to the 2 usual Jewel Socket we take on the left side of the Tree.

Although this is not a must, do get and use Quill Rain when you switch to EH. For it's cost of 2c, you will not regret buying it :)
My 3.15 take/update to Lunasicc187's OneShotKill Elemental Hit Hierophant Guide

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3005581
"
StalinsGhost wrote:
"
scorflex wrote:
So, i start another character ! I have a question for levellin process, when can we start use ballista totem + EH (i have a tabula, an can buy all gems since it's my 2nd character) ?
Or do we still use holy flame totem until we can equip frostferno and / or Skirmish ?

I switched at level ~60 AFTER I got a quillrain, Skirmish (this isnt even a must but its really cheap so why not), the 2 combat focus gems, and a 5L chest piece. Total cost was probably ~10C and it immediately made a difference, I would switch when you have the above! After this you can work on the frostferno, it will make it even better but is not a requirement to start.

I finally got all the core basics of the build put together and the build is pretty ridiculous; I am able to alchemy virtually any red map and then clear it basically as fast as I can run by stutter-dropping the ballistas as I go. If I didn't have to stop to loot I think most maps would be maybe 1-2 minutes long.

2 Quick questions:

1) I have scoured every elemental reflect map I got, but I just realized, can this build run ele reflect? My totems never die already, if they start taking some damage I can resummon, is this one I have been rerolling for no reason?

2) What is "Resists Fire" and why is it just as bad as Fire Immune? Specifically talking about the new expedition mobs, I never pay attention to how I plant my bombs and sometimes the entire pack is "Resists Fire", which makes it so they take about 10% of their hp in damage then dont take any more damage at all, even with my level 22 flammability. I end up just skipping these packs entirely, but shouldnt this aura and my fire pen support gem let me do SOMETHING against this mod? This is like immune but with an added level of "Maybe if you try you can!"
"
StalinsGhost wrote:
2 Quick questions:

1) I have scoured every elemental reflect map I got, but I just realized, can this build run ele reflect? My totems never die already, if they start taking some damage I can resummon, is this one I have been rerolling for no reason?

If you use Sextant on your Watchstones, you might get the Reflect Immune Roll, example

Unavailable

These work for our totems so you can set aside these to use them on Ele Reflect Maps. This mod is available starting from Simple(Cheapest) Sextant.

As for doing Ele Reflect Map "naked", maybe the lower tier rolls are bearable, like white maps's "Monsters reflect 13% of Elemental Damage".

The higher ones like red map's "Monsters reflect 18% of Elemental Damage" Those are too high and you really need to keep resummoning your totems every 2 shots or so which is probably too frequent to be feasible.

"
StalinsGhost wrote:
2) What is "Resists Fire" and why is it just as bad as Fire Immune? Specifically talking about the new expedition mobs, I never pay attention to how I plant my bombs and sometimes the entire pack is "Resists Fire", which makes it so they take about 10% of their hp in damage then dont take any more damage at all, even with my level 22 flammability. I end up just skipping these packs entirely, but shouldnt this aura and my fire pen support gem let me do SOMETHING against this mod? This is like immune but with an added level of "Maybe if you try you can!"

I haven't play the new league so I don't really have any info on this, maybe someone else can help/comment.

Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
"
Vei wrote:
"
vegeta1991 wrote:
Question, liking the build alot, but now that im looking for further upgrades i checked poe.ninja top 20 for some ideas, and i see them all using one Call of the Brotherhood, yet i never seen you even mention it. any ideas ?

Call of the Brotherhood has that

"40% of Lightning Damage Converted to Cold Damage"

which can be increased to 48% with the right Catalyst.

What that means for this build is we can achieve 98% (50% from Avatar of Fire and 48% from Call of the Brotherhood) Lightning to Fire Damage base on how Damage Types are converted, which is done in this order:

Physical → Lightning → Cold → Fire → Chaos

Call of the Brotherhood will convert 48% of Lightning Damage to Cold Damage, then 100% of Cold Damage will be converted to Fire Damage through Frostferno's Level 30 Cold to Fire and Avatar of Fire which provides a total of 100% Cold to Fire conversion.

Since this build is about converting everything to Fire Damage and boosting it, this is obviously awesome!

In the past when I checked Call of the Brotherhood(Before 3.15), the DPS numbers was Ok, but the pricing is crazy, e.g. 40ex in that Aura Stacker League IIRC makes it not worth using. Thus I never mentioned anything about it.

However since you asked about it, I checked it again. The price is decent now and it seems to be still providing quite a good amount of DPS with all the 3.15 changes/nerfs to other areas. Other than that, it also provides Int and Mana Regeneration, both which are useful to us also.

DPS Comparison(You might find some good info here)

So I did some DPS number crunching and compared the following:

1. Call of the Brotherhood(Max Roll with 20% Elemental Catalyst)
2. The Taming(Max Roll with 20% Elemental Catalyst)
3. Rare Elder Opal Ring(Max Roll with 20% Elemental Catalyst) with 2 affix:

Implicit: 30% Elemental Damage
Affix 1(Suffix): 40% Fire Damage(Guaranteed from Deafening Essence of Anger)
Affix 2(Prefix): 20% Global Critical Strike Multiplier(Could also be other High Tier Offensive affix like Flat Accuracy, Elemental Damage with Attack, %Attack Speed)

Result:

Call of the Brotherhood - 573k DPS
The Taming - 565k DPS
Rare Elder Opal Ring - 586k DPS

Base on the above, I think Call of the Brotherhood/The Taming make sense(at the current pricing) as DPS Options for Rings, though using them would mean we cannot go for the -mana craft on a Rare Ring which we need if we want to utilize a Level 10 Cast When Damage Taken + Level 12 Immortal Call + Increase Duration.

Though, if you look at the Rare Ring, 2 offensive affixes actually beat the 2 Uniques in terms of DPS, and there is still 4 more open affix available for some other stuff so it's DPS potential is much higher(At a higher cost) with the possibility of getting the life affix and the ability to craft -mana on it.

Talking about cost, an Item Level 86+ Elder Opal Ring cost about 30c atm. Maybe some might want to try their luck with crafting it, but before you do, here's a tip for you - Buy Void of the Elements Divination Card, its 3c each and 3 of them give you an Item Level 100 Elder Opal Ring.

I'll let you all do the Maths :)

Decided to try the suggested method with rare opal ring . Got it from cards for 9 c . Bought 2 Deafening Essence of Anger and on the second essence got this thing

Exported it to pob to compare with call of the brotherhood and call of the brotherhood catalysted is still 13.5 % better vs this ring dps wise according to PoB.

The stats of the ring for pob import
Spoiler

Storm Spiral
Opal Ring
Elder Item
CatalystQuality: 20
Item Level: 100
LevelReq: 80
Implicits: 1
30% increased Elemental Damage
40% increased Fire Damage
+41% to Fire Resistance
+24% to Lightning Resistance
42% increased Elemental Damage with Attack Skills
{crafted}+55 to maximum Life

Am i missing something?
███░░█░░███░█░█░░░███░███░░░█▀▀░█░█░█░█░░░█▀▀░░░▄█▄░▄█▄░░
█▄█░█▄█░░█░░███░░░█░█░█▄░░░░█▀░░▐█▌░█░█░░░█▀░░░░▀█████▀░░
█░░░█░█░░█░░█░█░░░███░█░░░░░███░█░█░█░███░███░░░░░▀█▀░░░░
"
Hey0cean wrote:
Decided to try the suggested method with rare opal ring . Got it from cards for 9 c . Bought 2 Deafening Essence of Anger and on the second essence got this thing

Exported it to pob to compare with call of the brotherhood and call of the brotherhood catalysted is still 13.5 % better vs this ring dps wise according to PoB.

Spoiler

Storm Spiral
Opal Ring
Elder Item
+41% to Fire Resistance

Am i missing something?

I got the same result as you for your character while when I use it on the POB on the guide it was better than Call of the Brotherhood

Let me figure out what could have caused the difference in DPS.

Meanwhile I suggest everyone to not go for this just in case its not as good as what I have tested it out to be.

Thanks

"
Hey0cean wrote:

Spoiler

Storm Spiral
Opal Ring
Elder Item
+41% to Fire Resistance

Am i missing something?

Ok Ladies and Gentleman,

I am very happy announce the result of:

Round 2 of Vei VS POB

*For those who didn't know, Round 1 was that Combustion doing more DPS than Awaken Elemental Damage With Attacks... What???!!!

***Drum Roll***

Spoiler
Vei Wins!

Vei 2 : POB 0

Ok Enough of this(Nonsense)!(Imagine voice of Piety)

Short Answer: I am correct

Long Answer: Basically the current POB doesn't recognize these lines on the 2 Combat Focuses

- With 40 total Strength and Intelligence in Radius, Prismatic Skills deal 50% less Cold Damage
- With 40 total Dexterity and Strength in Radius, Prismatic Skills deal 50% less Lightning Damage

This can be seen if you mouse over the Combat Focus in POB where the text is in Red, which means POB is not factoring in this line of text in its calculation.

And that means:

1. Original Lightning Damage wasn't reduced by 50% due to Combat Focus(Lightning) penalty

2. When Call of the Brotherhood converted the Lightning Damage to Cold, the resulting Cold damage also wasn't reduce by 50% due to Combat Focus(Cold) penalty

Without all these Penalty, obviously Call of the Brotherhood is going to give a much much higher DPS compared to the Rare Opal Elder Ring since the FULL amount lightning damage is converted to Fire.

When the penalty is factored in, Rare Opal Elder Ring gives more DPS than Call of the Brotherhood.

That's the Story!

Alright guys, I'll be off the forums until tomorrow, hopefully no Round 3 of Vei VS POB waiting for me when I am back lol... ;)

"
Vei wrote:
"
Hey0cean wrote:

Spoiler

Storm Spiral
Opal Ring
Elder Item
+41% to Fire Resistance

Am i missing something?

Ok Ladies and Gentleman,

I am very happy announce the result of:

Round 2 of Vei VS POB

*For those who didn't know, Round 1 was that Combustion doing more DPS than Awaken Elemental Damage With Attacks... What???!!!

***Drum Roll***

Spoiler
Vei Wins!

Vei 2 : POB 0

Ok Enough of this(Nonsense)!(Imagine voice of Piety)

Short Answer: I am correct

Long Answer: Basically the current POB doesn't recognize these lines on the 2 Combat Focuses

- With 40 total Strength and Intelligence in Radius, Prismatic Skills deal 50% less Cold Damage
- With 40 total Dexterity and Strength in Radius, Prismatic Skills deal 50% less Lightning Damage

This can be seen if you mouse over the Combat Focus in POB where the text is in Red, which means POB is not factoring in this line of text in its calculation.

And that means:

1. Original Lightning Damage wasn't reduced by 50% due to Combat Focus(Lightning) penalty

2. When Call of the Brotherhood converted the Lightning Damage to Cold, the resulting Cold damage also wasn't reduce by 50% due to Combat Focus(Cold) penalty

Without all these Penalty, obviously Call of the Brotherhood is going to give a much much higher DPS compared to the Rare Opal Elder Ring since the FULL amount lightning damage is converted to Fire.

When the penalty is factored in, Rare Opal Elder Ring gives more DPS than Call of the Brotherhood.

That's the Story!

Alright guys, I'll be off the forums until tomorrow, hopefully no Round 3 of Vei VS POB waiting for me when I am back lol... ;)

What can i say. Thank you detective Vei. I've got a good ring i suppose with your advice.

Have a nice day :)
"
Hey0cean wrote:
What can i say. Thank you detective Vei. I've got a good ring i suppose with your advice.

Before I go, congrats on that ring!

That's a very nice Ring considering only 2 tries! The Elemental Damage with Attacks affix weightage is super low thus very hard to get and you got the second highest tier. That's a win!

Ok I'm off! :)

"
Vei wrote:
"
Hey0cean wrote:

Before I go, congrats on that ring!

That's a very nice Ring considering only 2 tries! The Elemental Damage with Attacks affix weightage is super low thus very hard to get and you got the second highest tier. That's a win!

Ok I'm off! :)

Thank you very much , i was very surprised with a result too :)
Hey Vei, just popping in to tell you another (easy-ish) upgrade we can get for more DPS. (You know me, big dps haha)

One HUGE caveat is that you can't have Ancestral bond.. Which makes this only viable for the raider variant i guess. (Using xoph's blood for AoF)

You can link combustion to frenzy to get the combustion debuff for that juicy damage. But yea I guess this is a pretty specific interaction with raider+xoph's blood.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info