Is anyone buying AMD zen 3?

I have 3700x an 8/16 processor with gtx 1070ti and 32gb ram.

The improvement in feeling of games and programs compared to my last 6700k is insane.
Everything plays and runs Alot smoother than with the Intel garbage..

Tho i want to buy 5900 or 5950x. i think its not worth it..

Maybe for the owners of older generations..like 2600x or 2700x

I personally am going to wait for the 6000 series and upgrade the whole pc then.
"
yamface wrote:
"
Sadaukar wrote:
"
yamface wrote:
shit man I ordered all the parts, except the cpu and gpu...

Ok cpu I understand it came out like the other day, I REALLY was not expecting the rtx 30 series graphics cards to be still out of stock wtf didn't they release before heist or something?

I ordered my ASUS 3080 right when the 3080 released on the 17.09.2020, basically in the first hour and it got delivered last week. Now think about how many orders are still pending since then.

If u r ordering now, u won't get them this year anymore.

alright buy from scalpers it is

I'm using an ancient computer built in 2011, I ain't waiting half a year just for 1-2 parts lmao

I don't know where u're from and I have no idea what a 3080 costs from scalpers, but if its in the range of an 3090 then u might consider buying one of those instead.
At least in the german shop I'm ordering the 3090s r more often then not available for sale. Only problem is, u can't choose which one u get... just the one that is available at the time. Mostly its ZOTAC and MSI I believe.
"
Sadaukar wrote:
I don't know where u're from and I have no idea what a 3080 costs from scalpers, but if its in the range of an 3090 then u might consider buying one of those instead.
At least in the german shop I'm ordering the 3090s r more often then not available for sale. Only problem is, u can't choose which one u get... just the one that is available at the time. Mostly its ZOTAC and MSI I believe.

The problem is even the 3090 is sold out too. I ended up just getting a zotac 3080, I don't know why but even scalpers are mostly sold out on these cards too.. except zotac. I hope this isn't a shit brand.
"
Powertrip wrote:
my current machine is an intel/nvidia rig next will prob be all AMD.
Kind of funny to see the 'current' AMD opinions in here based on generations old hardware. It's like few folks keep up with tech by reading, just internet broscience.

Currently, AMDs CPU architecture is higher performing than intel parts in most segments while being in a lower power envelope (they are faster and run cooler) their recently launched GPUs beat or equal their Nvidia counterparts while being priced close to parity or much cheaper at the uber high end. They also run cooler.

AMD also finally has some 'secret sauce' that gives a perf boost when using all AMD hardware so there is now a tangible benefit to owning an all AMD machine.

Anyone looking to build a new machine should do a bare minimum google search and read up on the parts market as it is currently, don't form opinions from the bulldozer and fermi days :)

Some sites:
techpowerup
anandtech
semiaccurate

etc etc etc

AMDLOL
[img]https://imgur.com/a/GRkTKl6[/img]
Poe is total unoptimized, you cant run if dont have PC US$5000
"
KopaKabana wrote:
"
Powertrip wrote:
my current machine is an intel/nvidia rig next will prob be all AMD.
Kind of funny to see the 'current' AMD opinions in here based on generations old hardware. It's like few folks keep up with tech by reading, just internet broscience.

Currently, AMDs CPU architecture is higher performing than intel parts in most segments while being in a lower power envelope (they are faster and run cooler) their recently launched GPUs beat or equal their Nvidia counterparts while being priced close to parity or much cheaper at the uber high end. They also run cooler.

AMD also finally has some 'secret sauce' that gives a perf boost when using all AMD hardware so there is now a tangible benefit to owning an all AMD machine.

Anyone looking to build a new machine should do a bare minimum google search and read up on the parts market as it is currently, don't form opinions from the bulldozer and fermi days :)

Some sites:
techpowerup
anandtech
semiaccurate

etc etc etc

AMDLOL

Amd was pretty bad until recently but the time have changed.
since the 3000 series they became the best cpu for workstations and now with the 5000 they are (for now) the best wpu in every regards.
Im switching from intel to amd soon when avaibility and price of the 5000 cpu become reasonable
To vanquish without perils is to triumph without glory.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
I'm going to run Cyberpunk2077 and see. I'm due for an upgrade in a year or so. I wouldn't buy AMD though unless their support has changed over the last few years.

QTF...AMD processors, Nvidia GFX.
-Time to be funny. The world needs funny right now! Warning: "Might" get you muted.

25 Exalts...oh God my stupidity stuck! Now onto 25 Divines...
HI TESTING
Imagine buying an Intel CPU in 2021.
wish price was more afforable for both company
Settlers master craft service Settlers My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Settlers veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Settlers SC master craft service Settlers SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Settlers craft PM: TreeOfDead

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info