Is anyone buying AMD zen 3?

I was kind of wondering if anyone was upgrading their pc with this new release.

The 5950x was marketed as overkill for gaming and 5600x is normally what gaming pcs want, but this is path of exile we're talking about and this game is known for being cpu intensive...

Do you guys think poe still falls within AMD's gaming suggestions or ?
Last bumped on Dec 13, 2020, 6:32:00 AM
why not
Settlers master craft service Settlers My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Settlers veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Settlers SC master craft service Settlers SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Settlers craft PM: TreeOfDead
depend what you use atm i have 2700x and i dont have any problem with poe or other game
I'm going to run Cyberpunk2077 and see. I'm due for an upgrade in a year or so. I wouldn't buy AMD though unless their support has changed over the last few years.
"
I wouldn't buy AMD though unless their support has changed over the last few years.

what they did? what problem?
Settlers master craft service Settlers My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Settlers veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Settlers SC master craft service Settlers SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Settlers craft PM: TreeOfDead
They just don't put out drivers for specific games nearly as well as Nvidia does. But that opinion is about 5 years ago and things can change. Haven't been keeping up with the trade well enough to hold on to that belief though.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
They just don't put out drivers for specific games nearly as well as Nvidia does. But that opinion is about 5 years ago and things can change. Haven't been keeping up with the trade well enough to hold on to that belief though.

You're talking about GPU's, while others are talking about CPU's.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Last edited by Phrazz on Nov 6, 2020, 8:30:36 AM
I personally think a 5950x is overkill for gaming, since most games don't make good use of the many cores this CPU has. I'd go for a 5600 or 5700/5800 at max.

I myself upgraded this year to a 3800X and I'm pleasently surprised. It's a long time since I gave AMD a shot at CPUs, must be the 486 133MHz I believe, but this CPU is solid and I've encountered no problems so far, so PoE is smooth aswell.

As far as GPUs go, I agree with Shagsbeard.

PS: The reason I didn't buy AMD the last decade(s) was mainly not because of the CPU, but the bad Mainboard chipsets. Now the X570 ect. are a beast and actually ahead of Intel I believe.
Last edited by Sadaukar on Nov 6, 2020, 6:45:58 PM
waiting for the 5600
Second-class poe gamer
I am going to get the 5800X, nVidia 3080, 16 or 32 GB ram and a 1 TB Samsung NVME gen4 SSD. :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info