Is anyone buying AMD zen 3?

"
HanSoloDK wrote:
I am going to get the 5800X, nVidia 3080, 16 or 32 GB ram and a 1 TB Samsung NVME gen4 SSD. :)

Sounds good to me, GL with the 3080 tho. I received my ASUS 3080OC this week after waiting for over 1 month and it's most likely broken. I now have to return it and maybe waiting for another month or even longer now :(
"
Sadaukar wrote:
"
HanSoloDK wrote:
I am going to get the 5800X, nVidia 3080, 16 or 32 GB ram and a 1 TB Samsung NVME gen4 SSD. :)

Sounds good to me, GL with the 3080 tho. I received my ASUS 3080OC this week after waiting for over 1 month and it's most likely broken. I now have to return it and maybe waiting for another month or even longer now :(

that's why I am waiting for minimum january 2021 before I order something.
This series of AMD will be the first AMD cpu i've used since probably 2004 but also I am going to wait a few months to see how they do. Hopefully their longevity is better than they used to be.
"
Veksar wrote:
This series of AMD will be the first AMD cpu i've used since probably 2004 but also I am going to wait a few months to see how they do. Hopefully their longevity is better than they used to be.
One of the things I like about AMD as of late is they don't switch sockets with every new processor upgrade like Intel. There will be three current chipsets that will be able to use the new processors with a bios update. Here's ONE LIST
Arguing on the Internet: What's the point when you can't punch them in the face when they really piss you off?
I'm going to buy AMD Zen 3 of some sort - AMD has the best support in the biz, and you'd be really pissed if you spent money on intel that just doesn't have it.
"
fazlez1 wrote:
"
Veksar wrote:
One of the things I like about AMD as of late is they don't switch sockets with every new processor upgrade like Intel. There will be three current chipsets that will be able to use the new processors with a bios update. Here's ONE LIST

This can't be emphasized enough. Imo AMD has a monopoly on the cpu market. They were already the kings of multi-coring, and now most dedicated testers say they're even the best single core use, eg. so for like most gaming. AND their hardware is compatible with more generations of hardware going down the line. They're basically outright better and a better bang for your buck at the same time.

If only their gpu's were this competitive..
"
yamface wrote:

This can't be emphasized enough. Imo AMD has a monopoly on the cpu market. They were already the kings of multi-coring, and now most dedicated testers say they're even the best single core use, eg. so for like most gaming. AND their hardware is compatible with more generations of hardware going down the line. They're basically outright better and a better bang for your buck at the same time.

If only their gpu's were this competitive..
I totally agree. There was a time if you used their cpu and one of their gpus together it would give you a pseudo crossfire. I don't know if this technology is still being used but if it is it would make me likely to buy one of their gpus too.

*EDIT* It was called 'Dual Graphics' and I see no mention of it in anything I've read so far. That's too bad.
Arguing on the Internet: What's the point when you can't punch them in the face when they really piss you off?
Last edited by fazlez1 on Nov 7, 2020, 4:51:24 PM
"
fazlez1 wrote:
I totally agree. There was a time if you used their cpu and one of their gpus together it would give you a pseudo crossfire. I don't know if this technology is still being used but if it is it would make me likely to buy one of their gpus too.

*EDIT* It was called 'Dual Graphics' and I see no mention of it in anything I've read so far. That's too bad.

They have a new feature with their new 5000 Series CPUs and 6000 Series GPUs only.
When u use both of them u get "Smart Access Memory", where ur CPU can make use of the faster Memory on the Graphics Card. That's likely to give a boost of 2-4% more FPS, but that's it for the synergies atm.
Last edited by Sadaukar on Nov 7, 2020, 6:39:28 PM
"
Sadaukar wrote:
"
fazlez1 wrote:

They have a new feature with their new 5000 Series CPUs and 6000 Series GPUs only.
When u use both of them u get "Smart Access Memory", where ur CPU can make use of the faster Memory on the Graphics Card. That's likely to give a boost of 2-4% more FPS, but that's it for the synergies atm.
Thanks! That's exactly what I was looking for. Their marketing people need to get on the ball. This shouldn't be buried under technologies. It should be more upfront so people can see the advantage of using an AMD processor and video card. People who run benchmarks might be interested in this. Four percent isn't much, but it's still an increase in performance. For those who want to read up on Smart Access Memory
any1 have spare amd3?
Settlers master craft service Settlers My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Settlers veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Settlers SC master craft service Settlers SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Settlers craft PM: TreeOfDead

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info