Is anyone buying AMD zen 3?

amdlol
[img]https://imgur.com/a/GRkTKl6[/img]
[img]https://imgur.com/a/GRkTKl6[/img]
Last edited by KopaKabana on Nov 9, 2020, 3:51:06 AM
Yeah I remember the memes, they're getting a bit old tbh. CPU wise though intel's in the trashcan.
Second-class poe gamer
shit man I ordered all the parts, except the cpu and gpu...

Ok cpu I understand it came out like the other day, I REALLY was not expecting the rtx 30 series graphics cards to be still out of stock wtf didn't they release before heist or something?
my current machine is an intel/nvidia rig next will prob be all AMD.
Kind of funny to see the 'current' AMD opinions in here based on generations old hardware. It's like few folks keep up with tech by reading, just internet broscience.

Currently, AMDs CPU architecture is higher performing than intel parts in most segments while being in a lower power envelope (they are faster and run cooler) their recently launched GPUs beat or equal their Nvidia counterparts while being priced close to parity or much cheaper at the uber high end. They also run cooler.

AMD also finally has some 'secret sauce' that gives a perf boost when using all AMD hardware so there is now a tangible benefit to owning an all AMD machine.

Anyone looking to build a new machine should do a bare minimum google search and read up on the parts market as it is currently, don't form opinions from the bulldozer and fermi days :)

Some sites:
techpowerup
anandtech
semiaccurate

etc etc etc
Not at $300
"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019

"It looks like we broke something with 3.10.0. We don't know what it is yet." - Bex, March 16th, 2020
"
Powertrip wrote:
my current machine is an intel/nvidia rig next will prob be all AMD.
Kind of funny to see the 'current' AMD opinions in here based on generations old hardware. It's like few folks keep up with tech by reading, just internet broscience.

Currently, AMDs CPU architecture is higher performing than intel parts in most segments while being in a lower power envelope (they are faster and run cooler) their recently launched GPUs beat or equal their Nvidia counterparts while being priced close to parity or much cheaper at the uber high end. They also run cooler.

AMD also finally has some 'secret sauce' that gives a perf boost when using all AMD hardware so there is now a tangible benefit to owning an all AMD machine.

Anyone looking to build a new machine should do a bare minimum google search and read up on the parts market as it is currently, don't form opinions from the bulldozer and fermi days :)

Some sites:
techpowerup
anandtech
semiaccurate

etc etc etc

Like I said u are right about the CPUs, but u can't be sure about the GPUs yet.
I'm keeping up to date with Gamers Nexus and so far there are no reviews of the new AMD GPUs outside what AMD told us in their reveal advertisement.

Other than that, the biggest problem with AMD has always been the god awful driver support, like if I wanted to play a new game I had to roll a dice if my AMD GPU would work or if I had to wait days to weeks before AMD would bring a new driver that made it work.
That would make free access weekend event and such pretty useless for me, back in the day. Unless I hear from credible sources, that those issues aren't around anymore, I won't touch an AMD GPU.

"
yamface wrote:

Ok cpu I understand it came out like the other day, I REALLY was not expecting the rtx 30 series graphics cards to be still out of stock wtf didn't they release before heist or something?

I ordered my ASUS 3080 right when the 3080 released on the 17.09.2020, basically in the first hour and it got delivered last week. Now think about how many orders are still pending since then.

If u r ordering now, u won't get them this year anymore.
Last edited by Sadaukar on Nov 9, 2020, 11:22:20 AM
"
Sadaukar wrote:

Like I said u are right about the CPUs, but u can't be sure about the GPUs yet.
I'm keeping up to date with Gamers Nexus and so far there are no reviews of the new AMD GPUs outside what AMD told us in their reveal advertisement.

Other than that, the biggest problem with AMD has always been the god awful driver support, like if I wanted to play a new game I had to roll a dice if my AMD GPU would work or if I had to wait days to weeks before AMD would bring a new driver that made it work.
That would make free access weekend event and such pretty useless for me, back in the day. Unless I hear from credible sources, that those issues aren't around anymore, I won't touch an AMD GPU.

Yeah, that early access is an issue I can see would tarnish a rep. My gaming has never been the latest and greatest titles, so not a problem I ever encountered with my AMD cards.

Looking at the lay of the land now, with AMD using business processes from the CPU end to change their GPU development and the fact that they're buying Xilinix for 35B, I'd like to think they've been shoring up their GPU software team with their newfound financial resources.

Time will tell
"
Sadaukar wrote:
"
yamface wrote:

I ordered my ASUS 3080 right when the 3080 released on the 17.09.2020, basically in the first hour and it got delivered last week. Now think about how many orders are still pending since then.

If u r ordering now, u won't get them this year anymore.

alright buy from scalpers it is

I'm using an ancient computer built in 2011, I ain't waiting half a year just for 1-2 parts lmao

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info