[3.19] ⚛️ Qosmoz's ❄️ LL CoC Ice Nova/Spear Assassin ❄️ Ready for 3.19 Fun Lake Farming!!!

"
MrVisi wrote:
"
QosmozGaming wrote:
"
MrVisi wrote:
Hi, guys!
Thank you, Qosmoz for posting this build. I enjoy it a lot!

Just finished respec and i'm not sure about my cyclone crit and hit stats. Can someone have look at POB if everything is OK with my setup, please?

In POB i see 99% hit chance and about 98% crit, but in game my crit is only 82-85 ;( confusing.

I made pretty budget 52+cdr setup with 10.09 ASPD at this moment. That's insane xD

My account name is : MrVisi
character: VisoDi

hi MrVisi, just checked your build. Nice setup you got there. Ice Nova damage is a bit low, i've checked but couldnt figure out why. I boosted a little bit though, and manage to cap also Hit Chance. Please see my recommended PoB for you: https://pastebin.com/UTGCkPKa

also, I suggest to lower your Cast on Damage Take setup. You have Level 20 CoDT, i would get another one at Level 7 for Level 10 Steelskin or another suggestion would be level Steelskin to Level 20 and bind it to Left click. You'll have it on every cooldown.

cheers.

Thank you so much for checking my skill tree, i've changed it like you suggested and got a good profit! Didn't think that aura affect is that useful. Also thank for an idea od using Steelskin on mouse button, not in CWDT, got a slot for Vaal RF this way!

Wanted to ask one thing about this APS calculations.
With more than 52% cdr we can you profit of Nova cast every 0.099 sec, if i understand correctly. This gives us maximum casts with 10.1 ASPD in cyclone.

I managed to get 10.09 ASPD and i'm confused. Is it almost perfect i could get or there is no difference if my ASPD would be a bit lower until some next barrier(like 10 aspd for example)?
I don't understand how to calculate how much do a miss and gain changing my ASPD lower than 10.1.

Does my 10.09 means that i will miss only 1(one) Ice Nova cast in 100 hits?( something like (10.1/10.09 -1)*100=0.01%? Or how to check?

No, if you are above target, you'll start missing Ice Nova auto casts from Cast on Crit Support. However, below is fine.

So basically, up to that point, you have 10.09 x Ice Nova Damage (from your PoB) for DPS calculation. The higher the APS, the more damage you have. This is true until you reach above the threshold value (10.1 APS), then you'll loose some damage due to server sync.
twitch.tv/Qosmoz
"
Precordial wrote:
Hi Qosmoz and everyone, been following this thread for awhile while on my grind to 36 and I finally hit the goal, it's my second time going for 36 since Metamorph league but I'll like to thank Qosmoz for the detailed write up.

My gear can be inspected from my profile, I started with bleed bow glad didn't like it), roll fire BV chieftain to high yellows then vortex occultist (probably my fav, played a few leagues) till 95. Don't get me wrong vortex occultist is really strong and fun and I hit (roughly) 20-26/36 challenges but needed some juice in clear speed so I decided to double corrupted my shavs on my occultist (not the one I'm using) and hit +2 duration and something useless, sold it for 38 ex. I could've done 36 on my occultist but there wasn't much motivation then.

Long story short, crafted my own helm, bought a level 5/20 awakened CoC and bricked (visible from profile), bought everything else except shavs (had an extra for the yolo double corrupt earlier), went on to grind to 36 here I am! All in all, I'm glad with the build. Spent ~75-80ex at my time of buying - awaken 5/20 CoC - 14ex, 2 x herald rings with that specific rolls - 24-26 ex, bottled faith - 20ex, rest are under 3ex except WE which cost 5ex, belt ~100c. Started this character with 0 ex and some c, completed 36 challenges with 58 raw ex, ~90ex if I bother to sold scarabs, delirium orbs and adding other currency.

To end this, I just want to say this build is solid in terms of enjoyment, mapping, bossing. I've played CoC builds in the past like BL, ice nova (another variant) but this is really enjoyable and the guide is very detailed. If you're struggling, re-read the first post cos everything you need is in there. If you have 5k es and 80% hit chance and you're wondering why are you dying and struggling, that's obvious. But thank you Qosmoz, mapping was a breeze, heist was a breeze, boss can be a lil hard (my gear isn't perfect anyway) but 90% of the time it's solid. Thank you once again, see you next league!

edit: I wanted to add that I grinded out the 75000% quantity map grind - that should explain how enjoyable/fast the mapping is. Sure I could go deadeye ice shot or something, but for a CoC setup it's as fast as it could get on a non-bow skill. Enjoy!

This is pure pleasure to read. Thanks for your kind feedback Precordial <3 I would suggest to check my BL/GC Miner guide for next league league start. that's even stronger but a tad bit slower.
twitch.tv/Qosmoz
Hey Qosmoz,

I've been following your build for a while now and I'm kinda stuck so I wanted to know if you could take a look at my char to see if I can do something ! I chose to give up some ES for more damages and go for the 3rd breakpoint with 52 CDR and add Militant Faith. I really feel the difference but I feel way squishier as my ES is < 6.5k as you were advising.
I don't know if I can tweak some skill point or if I must change all my gear in order to get more ES on each piece as attributes and CDR management is quite tight. Thank you for your time and for writing such an amazing guide :)

https://pastebin.com/z88shPxd

ImHâpy
"
Hey Qosmoz,

I've been following your build for a while now and I'm kinda stuck so I wanted to know if you could take a look at my char to see if I can do something ! I chose to give up some ES for more damages and go for the 3rd breakpoint with 52 CDR and add Militant Faith. I really feel the difference but I feel way squishier as my ES is < 6.5k as you were advising.
I don't know if I can tweak some skill point or if I must change all my gear in order to get more ES on each piece as attributes and CDR management is quite tight. Thank you for your time and for writing such an amazing guide :)

ImHâpy

hi Galactik, I've checked. overall, yes you are very glass cannon. I made some adaptations; here is the pastebin I recommend for you: https://pastebin.com/ukF7359d

I just put cluster (med+small) for you to get some extra ES. To compansate, you need Accuracy Rating on a ring. Also, you can easily get ES based Crystal Belt (life does not provide anything for us). Now, obviously you have CDR on belt as well, but you can craft one for yourself with some dense fossils. It's not too difficult.

I also suggest to check out the Target with cluster jewels or Only in PoB with cluster jewels builds to get more inspiration.
twitch.tv/Qosmoz
"
Precordial wrote:
Hi Qosmoz and everyone, been following this thread for awhile while on my grind to 36 and I finally hit the goal, it's my second time going for 36 since Metamorph league but I'll like to thank Qosmoz for the detailed write up.

My gear can be inspected from my profile, I started with bleed bow glad didn't like it), roll fire BV chieftain to high yellows then vortex occultist (probably my fav, played a few leagues) till 95. Don't get me wrong vortex occultist is really strong and fun and I hit (roughly) 20-26/36 challenges but needed some juice in clear speed so I decided to double corrupted my shavs on my occultist (not the one I'm using) and hit +2 duration and something useless, sold it for 38 ex. I could've done 36 on my occultist but there wasn't much motivation then.

Long story short, crafted my own helm, bought a level 5/20 awakened CoC and bricked (visible from profile), bought everything else except shavs (had an extra for the yolo double corrupt earlier), went on to grind to 36 here I am! All in all, I'm glad with the build. Spent ~75-80ex at my time of buying - awaken 5/20 CoC - 14ex, 2 x herald rings with that specific rolls - 24-26 ex, bottled faith - 20ex, rest are under 3ex except WE which cost 5ex, belt ~100c. Started this character with 0 ex and some c, completed 36 challenges with 58 raw ex, ~90ex if I bother to sold scarabs, delirium orbs and adding other currency.

To end this, I just want to say this build is solid in terms of enjoyment, mapping, bossing. I've played CoC builds in the past like BL, ice nova (another variant) but this is really enjoyable and the guide is very detailed. If you're struggling, re-read the first post cos everything you need is in there. If you have 5k es and 80% hit chance and you're wondering why are you dying and struggling, that's obvious. But thank you Qosmoz, mapping was a breeze, heist was a breeze, boss can be a lil hard (my gear isn't perfect anyway) but 90% of the time it's solid. Thank you once again, see you next league!

edit: I wanted to add that I grinded out the 75000% quantity map grind - that should explain how enjoyable/fast the mapping is. Sure I could go deadeye ice shot or something, but for a CoC setup it's as fast as it could get on a non-bow skill. Enjoy!

Everything you said is spot on. Every time I pop A8 I just hop over on my boss killer and flatten him. Everything else can be done with this build. I was slow heisting on my boss killer - even with a HH on. I now literally zoom through all content to finish up my heist challenges.
"
QosmozGaming wrote:
This is pure pleasure to read. Thanks for your kind feedback Precordial <3 I would suggest to check my BL/GC Miner guide for next league league start. that's even stronger but a tad bit slower.

You're welcome! I might start melee like earthshatter/earthquake or something but still undecided, I haven't played miner in awhile too so that's also up for consideration!

"
Avengii wrote:
Everything you said is spot on. Every time I pop A8 I just hop over on my boss killer and flatten him. Everything else can be done with this build. I was slow heisting on my boss killer - even with a HH on. I now literally zoom through all content to finish up my heist challenges.

Haha yea for sure. My vortex occultist was better suited for bossing like Sirus/UE but I had to liquidate the gear for currency on my current CoC toon but mapping/heist CoC is way better. Contemplating to liquidate my CoC toon, get a HH and play something wonky but still undecided now that I've hit my goal of 36. All the best to you to 36 challenges, you'll get them!
Hey folks,

I´m ending Heist league by playing this build. It's really fun and this guide was easy to follow. Thank you for the service Qosmoz!

1. The clearing with this build feels insane and smooth (with less enemies, esp. bosses, it gets a little less smooth though). Nonetheless I want to ask: How much crit chance are you supposed to shoot for in PoB? Probably close 100%, right?

In my PoB-Overview with Cyclone selected, it says: 26.62% crit chance (also ingame) and 46.15% effective crit chance. BUT under "Calcs" it says "Crits: 46,15% x3.5" (Calc. Mode: Effective DPS). So does that mean I really have 161,53% crit chance? Where is the x3.5 coming from?

2. I feel like I died a tiny bit too often from one shots (esp. Heists and juiced maps). The guide says to shoot for at least 6.5k ES. I have 6.0k ES. What are good ways to reach 6.5 ES or possibly even 7k ES?

PoB: https://pastebin.com/U3vRzi6N

My current Gear
Last edited by Noobicious on Nov 17, 2020, 3:41:20 AM
POB dont work... :(
"
Noobicious wrote:
Hey folks,

I´m ending Heist league by playing this build. It's really fun and this guide was easy to follow. Thank you for the service Qosmoz!

1. The clearing with this build feels insane and smooth (with less enemies, esp. bosses, it gets a little less smooth though). Nonetheless I want to ask: How much crit chance are you supposed to shoot for in PoB? Probably close 100%, right?

In my PoB-Overview with Cyclone selected, it says: 26.62% crit chance (also ingame) and 46.15% effective crit chance. BUT under "Calcs" it says "Crits: 46,15% x3.5" (Calc. Mode: Effective DPS). So does that mean I really have 161,53% crit chance? Where is the x3.5 coming from?

2. I feel like I died a tiny bit too often from one shots (esp. Heists and juiced maps). The guide says to shoot for at least 6.5k ES. I have 6.0k ES. What are good ways to reach 6.5 ES or possibly even 7k ES?

PoB: https://pastebin.com/U3vRzi6N

My current Gear

Hi! I can't give you any prepared solutions for your problems, but I can give you some thoughts.

You can increase defences quality on the amulet, that gives 4% more of life to ES( which was about 150-200 ES for me)

Your crit chance is definitely higher in Pob, probably you didn't choose all working in build options. I guess with HH it's not a big deal. For bosses you can just use Increase critical strike support. Also you can use increase critical strike chance Cinder flask, not life regen.

It seems your Hit Chance is overcapped. I unspec all accuracy/aspd nodes on the left side of the tree and nothing changed. Also anyway you will have much more aspd with HH, so do you really need it in the tree? Anyway you break all aspd/CDR limits. I would use these points(maybe you can unspec even more on the right part of the tree) to increase your ES and crit multi.

One more thing. I think you need to take one more jewel socket and buy watchere eye. You need ES gained on hit while affected by discipline. It's the best sustain in this build.

Excuse me if I didn't get something and gave you crap info, have a gg.
Last edited by MrVisi on Nov 17, 2020, 10:05:58 AM
"
QosmozGaming wrote:
"
Hey Qosmoz,

ImHâpy

hi Galactik, I've checked. overall, yes you are very glass cannon. I made some adaptations; here is the pastebin I recommend for you: https://pastebin.com/ukF7359d

I just put cluster (med+small) for you to get some extra ES. To compansate, you need Accuracy Rating on a ring. Also, you can easily get ES based Crystal Belt (life does not provide anything for us). Now, obviously you have CDR on belt as well, but you can craft one for yourself with some dense fossils. It's not too difficult.

I also suggest to check out the Target with cluster jewels or Only in PoB with cluster jewels builds to get more inspiration.

Thank you for your answer and the PoB you made, it helped me so much ! I've been able to farm more consitently and I'm closee to getting a Headhunter. I alreay read some comments and your answers about using it and I wanted to be sure if with the reduction in ES and the fact that we have an APS > the second breakpoint (my belt has CDR => CDR is lower than 52 then) it was still better to run with a Headhunter. Thanks again

Cheers

ImHâpy

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info