[3.12] Hexblast IGNITE Trickster | Laser from the Sky, Chaos Ignites! | Hybrid or CI.

"
SuckLord3000 wrote:
I have done 4 watchstone guardians relatively easy with my current gear.

A5 sirus was also pretty quick. I died a bunch because I'm trash at this game but the damage is there.

I checked your gear and and you did something interesting with the self-cast curse, you added inspiration to it. I like that.

Comparing my gear to yours, it's obvious my sceptre isn't very good, it's my next thing I plan to upgrade. Also lvl 4 Enhance, I planned to get lvl 3 Enhance and slot that into Vertex, but Eye of Malice seems to give much more dps, so I'll try switching back to it. Eye of Malice puts much less strain on capping resistances too

All in all, the single target damage with my current gear is awful, so tips appreciated for improving my damage :S
Last edited by DixuMixu on Sep 26, 2020, 9:21:12 PM
"
DixuMixu wrote:
"
SuckLord3000 wrote:

A5 sirus was also pretty quick. I died a bunch because I'm trash at this game but the damage is there.

I checked your gear and and you did something interesting with the self-cast curse, you added inspiration to it. I like that.

Comparing my gear to yours, it's obvious my sceptre isn't very good, it's my next thing I plan to upgrade. Also lvl 4 Enhance, I planned to get lvl 3 Enhance and slot that into Vertex, but Eye of Malice seems to give much more dps, so I'll try switching back to it. Eye of Malice puts much less strain on capping resistances too

All in all, the single target damage with my current gear is awful, so tips appreciated for improving my damage :S

only thing Id say so far is not getting super caught up on wands vs not wands.

a wand with double DOT multi + fire damage is gonna beat out your scepter by a mile.

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Heist/95Q0ML4HK

put the "ghoul needle" from this search (30c) into pob, add prefix "30% increased damage over time" and see how big a dps jump that is for example.

also you dont have +1 doom on either necklace or boots or tree

I agree about Eye of malice - seems ridiculous. BUT I think it's actually not as good against bosses, and maybe something else like doedre or even the syndicate helmet might be better for longer fights
Last edited by SuckLord3000 on Sep 26, 2020, 9:37:21 PM
"
SuckLord3000 wrote:
"
DixuMixu wrote:
"
SuckLord3000 wrote:

a wand with double DOT multi + fire damage is gonna beat out your scepter by a mile.

put the "ghoul needle" from this search (30c) into pob, add prefix "30% increased damage over time" and see how big a dps jump that is for example.

I agree about Eye of malice - seems ridiculous. BUT I think it's actually not as good against bosses, and maybe something else like doedre or even the syndicate helmet might be better for longer fights

I thought the +1 curse is not that important because my 4th curse is from flask, which will run out on bosses. Also Windshriek gives no ES :S
And you're right about the weapon, I should have upgraded it long ago. I wish PoB worked with Hexblast so I could test dps. I'll probably have to do the manual simulation people suggested in this thread already xD

Thanks for the tips!
"
SuckLord3000 wrote:

Your current gear is, by a good margin, the most cost invested build in this thread. That's good news though for everyone worried about it, ceiling is higher than people think
Last edited by SlamBradley on Sep 26, 2020, 10:11:24 PM
"
SuckLord3000 wrote:
"
DixuMixu wrote:
"
SuckLord3000 wrote:

So I played with PoB and that wand you recommended drops my dps from 600k to 300k, idk why... https://pastebin.com/7JwWVg8w
Tested other DoT multi wands from trade, and they weren't better than what I have right now...

Basically I just commented out line by line in your scepter to see. It's the cold damage it has (thats proccing Elemental Equilibrium). Losing that is a huge dps loss

so youd want something else that gives either cold or lightning damage.
I added 1-2 cold damage to that wand and now it's a dps increase for you.

"
SuckLord3000 wrote:

Basically I just commented out line by line in your scepter to see. It's the cold damage it has (thats proccing Elemental Equilibrium). Losing that is a huge dps loss

so youd want something else that gives either cold or lightning damage.
I added 1-2 cold damage to that wand and now it's a dps increase for you.

Thanks, that fixed it. But I'm still nowhere near the damage you have :(
Probably all the multi on jewels?
anyone can help me with my POB : https://pastebin.com/6v52efkb.
i don't understand why it doesn't calculate the ignite dmg.
btw it took me a quite while why to realise that you need add elemental dmg to spell(cold/lightning) to make hexblast can do elemental ailment.
"
archd wrote:
btw it took me a quite while why to realise that you need add elemental dmg to spell(cold/lightning) to make hexblast can do elemental ailment.

You need to add these two lines on your gear in PoB:

Chaos Damage can Ignite, Chill and Shock
X% More Damage with Ailments

X is 280 if your max doom is 40
X is 315 if your max doom is 45 (alt quality Flammability)
X is 350 if your max doom is 50 (alt quality Flammability with lvl 4 Enhance)

Basically 35 more damage with ailments per 5 max doom
"
DixuMixu wrote:
"
archd wrote:

You need to add these two lines on your gear in PoB:

Chaos Damage can Ignite, Chill and Shock
X% More Damage with Ailments

X is 280 if your max doom is 40
X is 315 if your max doom is 45 (alt quality Flammability)
X is 350 if your max doom is 50 (alt quality Flammability with lvl 4 Enhance)

Basically 35 more damage with ailments per 5 max doom

For completeness, would also want to add

Your lightning damage can ignite
Your cold damage can ignite

(if you have added damage of these elements, that matters a lot too!)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info