[3.12] Hexblast IGNITE Trickster | Laser from the Sky, Chaos Ignites! | Hybrid or CI.

Sorry if this has been brought up before.

Hex blast says, "Chaos damage with hits is resisted by lowest resistance instead."

Is this referring to the resistance debuffs we are applying or the resistances of the Bosses?

When they say, "hits with lowest resistance" do they mean the lowest as in the least value between each fire/cold/lighting resists or the highest value?

My example is: say you had Flammability that reduces a mobs resistance to fire by 29%, then you have something that reduces Cold damage to mobs by 20% and another item reduces Lightning resists by 15%.

Is the game using 29% fire resists or the 15% Lightning resist?

One last question: GGG is literal in their wording, which can be confusing.

It appears that different bosses have their own resist values, so if you are fighting a high End game fire resist Boss, then it makes sense that some bosses are not being affected by our curses as much, hence the lower damage some people are experiencing. Source: https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Monster_resistances

Would this mean that we should not be focusing on getting max flammability for every Boss?

Sorry for the wall of text. Maybe I am over thinking the wording.
Nice to see PoB updated. Minor bug when you start min/maxing, Doom only calculates at a max of 45 in PoB for some reason. So if you manage to push it above 50, you'll have to manually add the Hexblast modifiers per 5 Doom.

"
zoozzi wrote:
Any good unique chest pieces for this build (6-linked ofc). I am doing hybrid atm.

Just grab a cheap life/res one and that should carry you into yellow/red maps. Heist spits out 6-links so they are pretty cheap and you can essence craft one if they are overpriced. That will give you time to figure out which chest to go with later when you have currency.

"
Skyeluna62_01 wrote:
Sorry for the wall of text. Maybe I am over thinking the wording.

Overthinking it, lowest res with hits, not ailments.

We do our hit damage based on lowest defense, and the enemy burns based off fire res. So if an enemy has higher fire res, they will take hit damage from whatever is lower, but then burn from the fire res. There is probably some meme potential with Doryani's Prototype (negative lightning res), but that will not be as effective as reducing the fire res for ailment damage for this build.
"
zoozzi wrote:
Any good unique chest pieces for this build (6-linked ofc). I am doing hybrid atm.

I would highly recommend Cospri's Will for the extra curse + ability to hex hexproof monsters :)
"
zoozzi wrote:

Cospri's Will, gives good ES boost with Trickster ascendancy and gives us ability to curse hexproof enemies. And +1 curse
Back again with updated gear, got a fair amount of currency now (around 220c). What should I be looking to upgrade next?
PoB was updated and I'm very surprised at my dps. It certainly does not feel like 2.3m Shaper dps... Curse-on-hit rings still don't work so you gotta add the curse skill gem manually, level 8 or lvl 12 curse depending which tier mod you got.

https://pastebin.com/SWbraJjL
"
Nithaya wrote:
Back again with updated gear, got a fair amount of currency now (around 220c). What should I be looking to upgrade next?

Eye of Malice, cheap and big dps boost, especially if you're using Flammability + Elemental weakness.

Vixen's Entrapment, very convenient for triggering secondary curses. Gives +1 curse too. It's cheap so you can look for good corrupton too, like curse on hit.

Double Notable medium clusters with at least Blowbkack or Wasting Affliction or both, but you gotta pay 4ex+ for a cluster with both though.
Here's a jewel that also gives ES for CI build.

Cospri's Will, top tier body for this build. 3 blue sockes is easy to roll, but when you get lv 5 Awakened added chaos, which gives +1 chaos gems, you will need 4 blue sockets.

Jewels with at least fire DoT multi and other damage increasing mod. I like to also take ES/life mod. https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Heist/prbGpm3S0
This is a great jewel

When you decide to go CI, you can check my gear. I think it's pretty decent. ALso check out some alt quality gems, they can also cheaply boost your damage.
Last edited by DixuMixu on Sep 27, 2020, 4:32:31 PM
@DixuMixu my skill setups are quite a bit different than yours. I assume if I get eye of malice I can drop the scorching ray totems?
"
Nithaya wrote:
@DixuMixu my skill setups are quite a bit different than yours. I assume if I get eye of malice I can drop the scorching ray totems?

No, scorching ray exposure is stronger that this helmet's, 25% vs just 10% of the helmet.

I have some utility skills I personally like using, but the damage skills are all standard

Just picked up these two for 2ex and 55c respectively.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info